Mini quest idea for xvart farmer

I'll take a look at converting it in a bit. Since we figured out the .tis issue, that was the only big problem, and I already converted that. So basically I would just need to clean out the PST CREs and other references so you can put your own in there. All the IE games use basically the same area format except IWD2, so it should work for BG1 (in theory).

Might want to cut off the north part of that area too (which I did not display above) as it's used for 2 tomb-looking skull rooms you probably don't want. Then again, we could just leave them too and make sure they're not accessible or visible from the southern part. You could even use them for something different later on, even somewhere completely different (like an evil temple's cellar) since they don't need to link to the same area. Now that I look at it again though, I could see a powerful xvart shaman lording it up there. Possibly a conclave of xvart shamans using those rooms to conduct their tortures, experiments, etc.

Edit: oh and let's not forget the wererats they're supposed to be assisted by :beer:... Though if you want a proper-looking wererat, you might have to pinch it from IWD a la Infinity Animations/Aurora style... not sure if you want to go there with your mod (but of course you could use a standard animation and IA could patch it after the fact if it detects your mod, as it does this for many others already).

Edited by Miloch
I would have two wishes for a cave area: Not too big in terms of download size and not too much looking as if humans lived in there.
So um... define "not too big." Because there's a rather sizeable cavern complex under the Lonely Peaks now.

Seems there's already an existing xvart spawn near the entrance. How convenient :).

post-1216-0-30043700-1380134484_thumb.gif

I put some generic monsters in for starters. Will probably change these guys to xvarts, maybe with a cave bear or two. I wanted some wererats but the werewolf animation isn't that great of a substitute. Still, I suppose they could suffice until Infinity Animations is installed later. Might change the greenish glowing crevasses to fiery reddish - lava makes a bit more sense under the peaks I think.

xv0508cn.gif

Got so lost had to consult the map... :O

xv0508mp.gif

There's a back entrance up through the tall peak, through a tomb buried there. It's fairly tough with these guys in there, plus whatever lurks below (wererat mages or xvart shamans possibly, I'm thinking, maybe worse :groucho:). Might have to lock the door (key being on the inside, possibly on that corpse of an ogrillon or whatever it is, or in the coffin) and make it tough to pick, so whoever gets that far probably isn't going to be a L1 party what gets slaughtered right away.

xv0507a.gif

No one talks in here yet. Most probably won't, other than some shrieks, but some of the key baddies should have dialogues I think. That's where you come in, hopefully :). I have more ideas but can post further details in the workroom if you don't want spoilers out in public.

Edited by Miloch

Wow!! This is really, really great. Erm, how about BG1 compatibility?

I have to admit that concerning plot/storyline, I would have to take a quiet moment and also have a look at the map you created. Right now, it's about "there is a xvart cave near the attacked farmer and the PC can clear it". Anything more complex would have to be developped. EDIT: So, feel free to suggest ideas. I have to admit I would like to keep it rather simple, though. But maybe the cave can be used for a joinable NPC entrance to teh Underdark some subquests.

Edited by jastey
Erm, how about BG1 compatibility?
Eh... should be compatible but I haven't tested it there yet. Could be some nasty stuff with having to quarter BAMs etc., if you want vanilla BG1 compatibility. Gads I hate BG1's limited engine but I'll see if it's not totally out of the question.
I have to admit that concerning plot/storyline, I would have to take a quiet moment and also have a look at the map you created. Right now, it's about "there is a xvart cave near the attacked farmer and the PC can clear it". Anything more complex would have to be developped.
I think there should be perhaps at least one prisoner - maybe Hulrik's wife/daughter or something? Also I think it'd be cool if the ruined house was his and explorable. Though it may not contain much, it just bugs me when you can't enter obvious structures in the game. As yet though, I haven't found a decent "trashed house" type of map.
Do those areas come from PST?
Yes.

It should be able to insert a travel trigger for the house. Is there an intereor for the old house in the High Hedge area?

At least one prisoner is what I thought, too. Evil ittle devils! I am not sure about a relative to Hulrik, though, since he seems more worried about his cow.

I am highly intersted in anything related to making areas BG1 compatible, as I am working on a quest that will have a new area, too. So, any work you put into this will not be wasted..

At least one prisoner is what I thought, too. Evil ittle devils! I am not sure about a relative to Hulrik, though, since he seems more worried about his cow.

You could play that as a joke. IIRC, there's even precedent for that sort of thing in BG1, but I can't recall any example.

Edited by the bigg
Is there an intereor for the old house in the High Hedge area?
Yeah, but it actually appears to be in good condition (FW3201). I might improvise by grabbing an interior from one of the IWDs and putting some junk on the floor where the roof has caved in.

If you do, changing the abandoned/half sunken house to utilise that map, should be added to a mod =)

Edited by Dakk
If you do, changing the abandoned/half sunken house to utilise that map, should be added to a mod =)
I think you're talking about the house on this map (South Beregost Road). I had added a "unique" interior for it in the next Aurora release. Hulrik's house (if it's his) is on this map (Lonely Peaks). There's nothing much wrong with it from the outside except the roof needs to be patched up a bit.

There's another "unenterable house" by Fisherman's Lake, and a perfectly good house - I think Unfinished Business already added an interior for it. I think that about does it for unenterable buildings, except for the Gnoll Stronghold, and there's an interior for that in an alpha mod CamDawg and SimDing0 did some time ago (we're looking at possibly making it releaseable).

You know better what I mean, than I do myself Miloch ;) I had like three houses mixed up into one in my mind (S Beregost Road, Fishermans Lake & High Hedge), but it was the one on SBR I really meant. Sounds great you're adding an interior for it in Aurora!

And confirmed the Fishermans Lake house is made "enterable" by some mod, UB1 sounds very plausible.