Volcano Productions reveals first mod

Aion

No problem here, sir! I'm trying to be patient, still without hosting I'd have to create temporary workshop because I'd like to discuss few matters with folks. And if you'd have possibility to contact NightMARE, tell him to clean his inbox a bit :suspect:

No, no, Ankhesenpaaten, as Ardanis implied by the "no" shoutout, it was a gentle "goodness me, we are at the same old stuff again?" reference, meant to be a joke! I made a hash of it, I'm sorry.

I need to put stuff in spoilertags, like [gentle_joking] Your Text Here [/gentle_joking]. Then when it is time for a real, and serious gentle "ok, enough about other folks, let's talk about our own stuff", I could put on

[Gentle Frowny Face Redirection Of Stuff] Your Text Here [/Gentle Frowny Face Redirection Of Stuff]

It's all history you are tripping into, is all. It runs back to frustratingly long posts and silly things that no adult should waste their time with (or non-adult, for that matter). I took the opportunity to make a joke that you might not get, and I should have thought about it further before posting. I keep thinking everyone has been around here forever. You can post your opinions and ideas pretty freely around here.

I would link you to posts, going back to the Beginning Of Time, but you are upbeat, optimistic, and interested in the community, and reading that old garbage history might make you run screaming from the i.e. community, thinking "this is how these weirdos communicate? I think I will go hang out with some more balanced people, like perhaps the Flat Earthers" (with no offense intended to any Flat Earthers who have set their computers up and are reading this thread). If you find broken human interaction entertaining, though, you can search back posts on many, many fora for the names of the current participants, and any references to Improved Anvil, BG2 Fixpack, WeiDU and WeiDU replacement, and the need for the establishment of professional standards and practices for modders. It might make someone a very fine PhD in the social sciences someday. Or perhaps abnormal psychology :suspect: (I am pretty sure all the big stuff was pre-2007. Except for one big messy thread.)

After reading a bit of this stuff (Improved Anvil at all, BWL, 'stolen ideas' etc.) I'm quite confused. You know, our little polish scene was always quite messed up (let's say similiar dramas were our daily) still finding out that there are moments when even here, on international scene there are such a problems is quite... heh, nevermind. Cmorgan, sorry if my posts sounds as 'flames for holy war', you know that you can delete them without big deal - it's just the fact that I'm veteran of such a wars. And hell'yeah, I do like them because they're funny. :suspect:

And Ankhesenpaaten, as Cmorgan already said, chill out. :laugh:

I'm sorry, cmorgan. I guess I did take it too personally. I wasn't angry at you I just felt kind of like an intruder.

No, I don't want to dig deep into what that history was all about. I'll admit that I was curious enough to want to at least know the surface of it. Now that I do, it is enough! I mean no harm.

Thanks for saying I'm upbeat! I feel that way around here and enjoy the community. Thanks for noticing! :suspect:

I don't know, I'm not checking other forums

The feedback I see on other forums (I haven't checked for a long time, but it's all the same, I'm completely sure)

Baro, I think you need to repeat a few more times how you don't check other forums for us to believe you. Twice isn't convincing enough.

while your "weirdo" is a real personality in the (entire) community who has made a mod that cannot be compared to any other mod in quality.

True, Baro. Very true. I'll have to admit it's the adamantium snakes, the titanium rats, the mithral geckos and the Terminator golems posessing sooper-dooper "polygonal", "interactive", "think-10-steps-ahead" AI that makes IBM's Deep Blue look like a mentally challenged comatose patient is indeed what classifies Improved Anvil as a quality mod that separates it from the rest of these primitive n00b mods. Spot on analysis! :laugh:s203.gif

:suspect:

Who are you kidding, motherfucker?

Quality mod?! Take away the imbecilic stats, and I'll show you even a

with basic education in the use of computers can beat your predictable, retarded AI any day of the week.

Hell, I've seen Wile E. Coyote design ingenious, aesthetically pleasing anvils in his quest for the Road Runner than this no-talent, one dimensional, monolithic simpleton that you love to worship so much.

So you see, Baro, associating Sikret with 'weirdo' is actually an insult to the word.

Why don't we change the subject, eh?

We at the Black Wyrm's Lair don't need a bunch of populist, narrow-minded or simply weak modders as "community" who only cooperate those who do everything according to their boring, average, ordinary way of thinking.

Correct. Instead you need swindlers, crooks, thieves, narcissists, charlatans, debauchers, liars and frauds. Gotcha.

Let's talk about everyone's favourite topic - TheWizard. :) How much money did you swindle off of him? How come you always avoid this topic like the swine flu whenever I bring it up? Is it true that Nigerian scammers idolised you as the god of swindling after this incident? dunnog.gif

It's a disgrace the Hungarian government is so benevolent towards convicted felons and lets them roam the streets free instead of locking them up in a maximum security prison. doh.gif

And as for you, Sikky, or should I call you Ayatollah 'You-stole-my-idea',

if there is one thing I learned from my time and stay in this community, it's that one dimensional monolithic nuts are forever trapped in their own one dimensional world. There is no escape for them, nor can they ever be cured, reasoned with, or redeemed in any way.

The moment you accused others of stealing ideas from you is the moment you dug your own grave.

You've been exposed as a no skilled amateur countless times, not to mention the recent incident when you couldn't even figure out how to make enemies attack unconscious targets and pathetically blamed your lack of skill on the game engine, when DavidW showed you how it's done.

You accused Wisp of "stealing" your idea when you know damn well the 'idea' had already manifested and came into fruition in Weimer's mods waaaaaaaay before you, and even before that in Icewind Dale itself. And not to mention Wisp's code is far more complex than your primitive, monolithic brain is ever capable of. And you know this.

Using your logic, Sikky, isn't it more accurate to say you stole the idea of 'upgrading items' from Weimer, since his item-upgrade mod existed before Improved Anvil? How come you never thanked Weimer for giving you the inspiration? :D

Using your logic, Sikky, isn't it more accurate to say you stole the idea of 'improving enemy AI' from Weimer (as well as various other tactical modders before you), since their mods existed before Improved Anvil? How come you never thanked the previous tactical modders for giving you the inspiration? ???

Using your logic, Sikky, isn't it more accurate to say you stole the idea of 'adding new kits' from previous kit mods that existed before Improved Anvil? How come you never thanked the previous kit mod authors for giving you the inspiration? ???

You see, Sikky, there is no way out for you now. Anything you claim as your own "original, innovative" idea can easily be traced back to times before you existed. I suggest you stop making an ass out of yourself and try and improve your modding skill (clearly, you are lacking here). Simply raising monster stats does not make you "clever" or "original". Any idiot can do this.

I've never seen a man being subjected to both andropause and menopause simultaneously during their midlife crisis. But I suppose it does explain your extremely defensive nature.

You're almost forty-five years old, Sikky. You're not getting any younger, son. Like I said before numerous times, spend the last few remaining 'good' years of your life with your family and AWAY from this modding nonsense. It's clearly ruined your life.

At ease.

With exception of 'quality mod' references (which I cannot accept or not because never player Improved Anvil - long time ago I've checked scripts and I've seen some Athkatlan pirates with HLA abilities and rejected this mod, but that's only my opinion) I do agree with Temujin, that overall situaton and Baronius's and Sikret's statements sounds like first-class crap.

The only one thing which came up to my mind when reading Item Randomiser (great mod Wisp!) was "damn, but every modder here is a thief". We're using game's sources, modify them for our purposes - and I think that's quite cool. I'd love to see modification of mods, because more variants = more fun. Improved Anvil (dunno why) is nearly incompatible with everything, so Item Randomiser (with as far as I know far better code, wider range of items handled and Tiers system) is an natural outcome. And if this Sikret guy will came up (I hope not) - he's using non-used in original game Swanmay animation (or is it Lagoon something? It looks as blue werewolf). If you're all so authorish and cool, why you didn't created your own animation. Damn. And hell yeah, I've read that you'll now pay for graphics. In normal modding community people help each self, you have to pay them. That's sad.

Hosting is really tough thing. We (as Ramazith's Tower: official polish modding site) are trying to host or provide link to every mod which was translated into polish language. That's for us quite important because:

a) many polish players cannot handle looking up for english-languaged sites or even read readme.

b) international modding communities sometimes aren't capable of making language updates. Then we use temporary solution of giving to players additional link to .tra file.

c) sometimes the only existing translation is coming from older version of mod and there's lack of new content. Then we host this older version (as it's done with Banter Pack). Sometimes when known bugs occur, I'm trying to help players by checking which files from newer version can be updated - but this sort of fixes isn't handled as other mod's distribution, I'm just sending files.

Thanks to Great and Glorious Leomar. Greetings Leomar. who's doing awesome job with BWP we're trying to update every mod as far as it's possible. But why I'm mentioning it:

... to be honest I'm not sure that have we got permission for hosting those mods. I hope situation won't get troublesome because our site is quite critical for polish players (and BG Saga is still very very popular here). We're currently rebuilding whole site to work better, I'll probably start to collect community permissions second time, just for sure. I was asking many people (usually modding community bosses, handling every one mod was troublesome and we're doing thing close to PocketPlane Modlist so...) but I'll try to fix that. I hope noone will get angry (with exception of BWL, Baronius's mods were first ones on our site :suspect:).

That's just for not being hipocritic.

At last, both of you guys Baronius and Sikret, grow up. Please.

Archived