Volcano Productions reveals first mod

Aion

I am of the strong opinion that if someone wants a good gender-neutral NPC, they should write their ideas up and get modding - lots of folks across various fora have been interested in this, and there are lots of folks willing to help people learn. I don't think that will completely please everyone, because folks, because folks see people as more than just abstract personalities - but good writers have jumped back and forth over the great divide or even straddled it, and made it work. I am definitely not good enough of a writer to make it work without sounding bloodless; in fact, I am not a writer at all - but if I can build an npc and have some fun, I can guarantee anyone can :thumbsup:

I am really sorry if folks got their hopes up, but telltale signs of "red herring" posts are the same in most forums in most gaming communities. Mod announcements that declare full rebuilds or extensive npcs are usually attached to names in a community or communities, have authors who have hung out for awhile, have some sort of discussion and correspondence, or are too good to be true, unfortunately.

If something in the announcement caught your fancy, why not take the idea and play with it, or start your own group project?

but if I can build an npc and have some fun, I can guarantee anyone can

Please, don't. Your Aran's writings are great (they don't fit to BG2 at all, but they're great and Aran is Companion Mod, so something bigger than average NPC) and I don't think that flooding serious modders with every whiny NPC idea where half of them are half-elves,drows,otyhugs,avariels,emo etc. have very extensive stories which doesn't explain why this guy isn't 40th level but 7th, break any sensible rule of writing... damn, it doesn't bring any good. I'm rather a fan of self-learning modding. If someone has really, really good idea for NPC he should be so determined that he should learn it by himself.

Moongaze's NPCs were just another set of templates. -.-

I wonder if the decrease of the interval between the forum set up and the forum deletion also means that the normal ~ half-a-year cycle of coming back with the new alias and a new forum will be shorter as well? Anyone's taking bets? Or at least graphing?

I've forgot his nickname. Temujin, the ultimate hammer against BWL! But there's really something wrong with him/them. Last time when Moongaze has shown up and I've criticized him, tadah! there's PM from Baronius who's telling me that Moongaze is *special* kido and I shouldn't be criticizing him (he's so emotional!) and I should remember that BWL as a first modding community gave permission for publishing their mods on polish BG Saga. Really, that's the last argument I'd use in this sort of discussion. -.-

kido
Ain't he 25 already? Not really a kid, I think.

What the fuck do I have to do with this thread?
I wish I could tell you. Nothing comes to mind though, this time everything was nice and quiet.

Domi, I'd wager one mod, but there's a chance the next announcement will occur on BWL only, then it will got deleted shortly thereafter, and should the event be missed, well, our bets will go rumble.

So, guys, did anyone write rude things to MG? Rude enough to make him hate us all again? Confess!
Well, I was thinking on giving him an evil wink... but I was way too late. Perhaps we got lucky and the forum was attacked by the Turkeys hack site, like Vlad's site was. Hmm, BWL site: Make post and get your personal Webpage hacked. :thumbsup:
I've forgot his nickname. Temujin, the ultimate hammer against BWL! But there's really something wrong with him/them. Last time when Moongaze has shown up and I've criticized him, tadah! there's PM from Baronius who's telling me that Moongaze is *special* kido and I shouldn't be criticizing him (he's so emotional!) and I should remember that BWL as a first modding community gave permission for publishing their mods on polish BG Saga. Really, that's the last argument I'd use in this sort of discussion. -.-

Wow, I just read a post by Baronius at BWL who is passionately defending Moongaze. I have nothing against Moongaze and never had any problem with him in posts or PM's or both. But I have to say that B is really painting with a HUGE BROAD BRUSH about no-one but him (it seems) is smart enough to understand that some people are different and need special treatment.

Perhaps some people do. Or some may just be trolls these days. Who knows? But I found the post disturbing in its holier-than-thouness. I hope I don't get banned over there for this as I mean no harm. But who is B to be judging other people so harshly?

Archived