Version 19 bug reports

True, but Ascension hasn't been updated in two years, also it was very quick to fix (Ascension Abazigal's script is only 1000 lines or so) and SCS already has a component to improve him.

First, is this file intended to replace the corresponding .bcs in WeiDU ascension or BP ascension? Second, my install of improved aba doesn't appear to have this issue. File Link.

I'm using the BWP Fixpack version of WeiDU ascension's improved components, coupled with BP's ascension to avoid SCSII AI weirdness.

Yes, it's a fix for the Weidu version, it wouldn't surprise me if someone else had done the same already.

While I'm at it I tweaked Abazigal's targetting a bit, updated link. It seems the forum won't let me edit old posts.

Yes, it's a fix for the Weidu version, it wouldn't surprise me if someone else had done the same already.

While I'm at it I tweaked Abazigal's targetting a bit, updated link. It seems the forum won't let me edit old posts.

I did make the changes I mentioned here. If you have other ones that have to do with Ascension can you post them there too by indicating the changes in the .baf code. Has more to do with that mod than SCS2 as far as I can tell (also I don't like going through spamware servers like mediafire).
I did make the changes I mentioned here. If you have other ones that have to do with Ascension can you post them there too by indicating the changes in the .baf code. Has more to do with that mod than SCS2 as far as I can tell (also I don't like going through spamware servers like mediafire).

The version for download at Weidu.org still has the blank references in the script.

I could post the baf at pocketplane, but it's now quite long.

The main changes I made were as follows.

1) Dealing with silence, and checking for spellcasting failure before trying to cast mage spells.

2) Replacing !Dead("LastSeenBy(Myself)") with

!StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself), STATE_FROZEN_DEATH | STATE_STONE_DEATH | STATE_DEAD)

The !Dead trigger checks for a scripting name rather than an object.

3) Checking that the target isn't an enemy humanoid

OR(2)
	!General(LastSeenBy(Myself),HUMANOID)
	!Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),EVILCUTOFF)

Note, LastAttackerOf / NearestEnemyOf may return true for creatures that happen to deal "friendly fire" damage.

4) Targetting Breach more sensibly and using the memorized Secret Word spells.

I just realized that SCS smarter Abazigal component should update finabaz, but doesn't, because it looks for "dw#fgmag.bcs" a file that doesn't exist in game (not mine, anyway); maybe it should look for "dw#fgmag.itm". It looks like I wasted my time rewriting his script, except that he is genuinely missing innates like "shockwave".

Guest Guest_David_*
I just realized that SCS smarter Abazigal component should update finabaz, but doesn't, because it looks for "dw#fgmag.bcs" a file that doesn't exist in game (not mine, anyway); maybe it should look for "dw#fgmag.itm". It looks like I wasted my time rewriting his script, except that he is genuinely missing innates like "shockwave".

I'm being caught out by my own mod's complexity: "dw#fgmag.bcs" is from an earlier iteration of "smarter mages", when all fighter-mages got the same script instead of having one tailored to their level. Thanks for the catch.

Just a few final notes for this version.

Some creatures with invisible detection by script can be separated from their allies, if the latter lack it. The planar prison warden gets separated from his Yuan-Ti mages, Gromnir (Ascension) gets separated from his battle mages, and Brimstone the dragon gets separated from the giants in the temple.

Illasera stands around taking hits (not attempting to retreat or use melee attacks) if faced by attackers with physical mirror or ProMW. She seems to be the only archer type with this problem.

Tamah the Amethyst dragon still has +2 claws (cannot hurt a planetar or elemental prince).

Just a few final notes for this version.

Some creatures with invisible detection by script can be separated from their allies, if the latter lack it. The planar prison warden gets separated from his Yuan-Ti mages, Gromnir (Ascension) gets separated from his battle mages, and Brimstone the dragon gets separated from the giants in the temple.

Illasera stands around taking hits (not attempting to retreat or use melee attacks) if faced by attackers with physical mirror or ProMW. She seems to be the only archer type with this problem.

Tamah the Amethyst dragon still has +2 claws (cannot hurt a planetar or elemental prince).

Just in time to squeak into v20... though the first one is fiddly at best to fix, and I may leave it for a future version.

Re :)

I don't know if you have fixed this bug reported in SR forum :

"But if I look SCS mage's spellbook , Create Undead (SPWi623) is memorized in 5th slot. Considering the spell is flaged as L6, it seems AI cannot cast it."

In my current SCS II v19 install, some mage have +++++ stars (grand mastery) in staff ( at least Lavok) Barbarians also have +++++ stars.

Another test on Lavok :

In my game, his prebuff routine got Protection from cold and Fire shield blue (but a fire shield red memorized).

==> maybe the a protection from fire could be better considering he have a 50% innate cold resistance.

I'm basically very reluctant to take bug reports on previous versions of the game - you never know when fixing one thing has sorted out another, and I'm not 100% effective at documenting bugs. (Though in this case I suspect you're probably right.)

Archived