When Will G3 Be Shut Down?

Haucusuchus

See topic. If I recall correctly the gibberlings three website was originally meant to be shut down once the delainy mod was finished, but now it is home to many other mods.

I don't know anything about keeping a website, but I imagine it costs money. Is the gibberlings three site ever going to die, dissapear or merge with another site? Or will it stay on the web forever?

We're not going anywhere. :rolleyes:G3 did start as a place for Bri and I to discuss Delainy and it really wasn't my intention to start a modding site. Now that we've grown so much I am committed to keeping the site running. If it comes to pass that I no longer wish to do it (I don't see this happening any time soon--still many fun projects on my list) I'll hand the keys to someone else. :D

As for the costs incurred, we're fortunate to have many folks helping us. The biggest use of bandwidth are the downloads, and thanks to the kindness of our mirrors--Michel/Shodan, icelus, Black Wyrm and TheWizard's IEGMC-the majority of that cost is deferred. This means we can eschew running ads or using one of the wait-in-line file server sites like File Planet or 3DD.

Archived