iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

you're chronically mixing up bg1 and bg2. Apart from potentially the ai, none of these bugs or features is ios specific. Casting has been fixed, so you'll just have to wait for the next build.

SE: i don't know how they're implemented; anyway, this was for a testcase, so it isn't really needed. I've made it error tolerant earlier.

you're chronically mixing up bg1 and bg2. Apart from potentially the ai, none of these bugs or features is ios specific. Casting has been fixed, so you'll just have to wait for the next build.

SE: i don't know how they're implemented; anyway, this was for a testcase, so it isn't really needed. I've made it error tolerant earlier.

Indeed I'm only talking about BG1 using BGT Weidu, I could easily try BG2 though.

bgt and similar are all using the bg2 engine, no matter which part you're in story-wise. It's the same with gemrb, you're using the bg2 gametype. It's a fundamental setting, so it is important that you get it right when reporting issues (especially iwd and how have big differences).

New build up:

1. synced with git

2. no more python start.py errors (thanks lynx)

3. formation rotation

4. overhead action icons are scaled to half size.

formation rotation doesn't exactly work like in the original. in the original the formation points would always be exact even when rotating into an invalid position; my version recalculates the positioning to how it would be if you released the mousebutton/finger. it is, however, a bit jumpy when recalculating due to invalid position.

to rotate formation click and hold just like right click then drag your finger to rotate.

New build up:

1. synced with git

3. formation rotation

formation rotation doesn't exactly work like in the original. in the original the formation points would always be exact even when rotating into an invalid position; my version recalculates the positioning to how it would be if you released the mousebutton/finger. it is, however, a bit jumpy when recalculating due to invalid position.

to rotate formation click and hold just like right click then drag your finger to rotate.

Some positive stuff in this new build

Gemrb app wouldn't start with some games - fixed

BG1/BG2 or IWD HOW now start just fine

Spellcasters issues - partially fixed

. Spells are now released quickly (both BG1 and IWD HOW)

. However when target is dead, spellcaster do not release the spell anymore but his animation continues forever (keeps moving arms) (both BG1 and IWD HOW)

IWD HOW character sound issues - partially fixed

. Sound correctly played when selecting each character now

. But no warcry in combat

AI in IWD HOW - partially fixed

character now reacts quickly when monsters are nearby

however in some case in combat, character stands idle while there are still monters about

AI button is reversed, should be on when red-circled not the other way around

Game get stuck when you click character menu ( to see stats, level up etc) - IWD HOW only

This is the error that shows in the console

<Notice>: Traceback (most recent call last):

<Notice>: File "/var/mobile/Applications/1DFA73B8-9167-401C-88DC-E9BC16006BD2/GemRB.app/GUIScripts/GUIREC.py", line 111, in OpenRecordsWindow

<Notice>: OldOptionsWindow = GUICommonWindows.OptionsWindow

<Notice>: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'GUICommonWindows' referenced before assignment

New build up:

1. synced with git

3. formation rotation

First, I love the rotation. Great job :)

Second, I have updated my install instructions for the newest build.

Added a bit more customization to my apps:

img0068wd.jpg

On a side note, creating a Druid on IWD:HoW, this is what happens when I click skills (instead of spell selection, I get this)

img0069sk.jpg

Any ideas? Looks like I am getting ranger favored enemies instead of spells.

New build up:

1. synced with git

3. formation rotation

First, I love the rotation. Great job :)

Second, I have updated my install instructions for the newest build.

Added a bit more customization to my apps:

img0068wd.jpg

On a side note, creating a Druid on IWD:HoW, this is what happens when I click skills (instead of spell selection, I get this)

img0069sk.jpg

Any ideas? Looks like I am getting ranger favored enemies instead of spells.

Hey Jonathan

I don't think Druids get to choose their spells. They get them all (all first level spells for their class)

I have to disagree with you on the implementation of formation rotation. Forgot to mention it in my review

Rotating the formation does work BUT releasing the finger will get the marks on the ground all messed up. Same behaviour in both BG1 and IWD HOW.

formationRotation.jpg

Do you confirm ?

ok, the iwd records window is fixed (silly mistake on my part). It was merged with the rest to remove code duplication, but I had no means to test it.

Druids get no racial enemy and the code looks pretty sound. Do you also get it offered to rangers?

I'll look into the endless casting case ... Eh, just cosmetics.

I have to disagree with you on the implementation of formation rotation. Forgot to mention it in my review

Rotating the formation does work BUT releasing the finger will get the marks on the ground all messed up. Same behaviour in both BG1 and IWD HOW.

I feel you are being far too hasty in that assessment. I think ou ought to try different formations/areas and report back. The way you described it i have a hard time thinking it has anything to do with formation rotation; you said the points didnt get messed up till after releasing your finger which means the pathfinding AI was in charge of the reticle at that time.

Now it could be that with block formations that the AI thinks it is blocked because there is a different characters reticle blocking the path. so please try with some non block formations; tho if that were the case i would think that you would see similar behavior without rotation.

Please try to compare between a regular left click and a rotated formation on the same spot with the same angle.

I feel you are being far too hasty in that assessment. I think ou ought to try different formations/areas and report back. The way you described it i have a hard time thinking it has anything to do with formation rotation; you said the points didnt get messed up till after releasing your finger which means the pathfinding AI was in charge of the reticle at that time.

Now it could be that with block formations that the AI thinks it is blocked because there is a different characters reticle blocking the path. so please try with some non block formations; tho if that were the case i would think that you would see similar behavior without rotation.

Please try to compare between a regular left click and a rotated formation on the same spot with the same angle.

I now realize that this is the first attempt ever to port the formation rotation thinghy to IOS.

Sorry if my last comment was a bit hasty in drawing dramatic conclusions.

Anyway I've made further tests.

Simple left click (simple touch on Ipad) will briefly show the correct marks on the ground, but a split second after releasing the finger the're all messed up.

As I said same behaviour no matter which formation you choose. It was not an easy feat to get correct marks shots :)

Please let me know if you need more

Columns formation

rows.jpgrowsMU.jpg

Wedge formation

wedge.jpgwedgeMU.jpg

ok, the iwd records window is fixed (silly mistake on my part). It was merged with the rest to remove code duplication, but I had no means to test it.

Druids get no racial enemy and the code looks pretty sound. Do you also get it offered to rangers?

I'll look into the endless casting case ... Eh, just cosmetics.

Thanks lynx.

I mentioned the following bug earlier in a post, (happens in BG1).

As you can see on the snapshot below, my reputation is decreasing/increasing every 3 minutes or so.

And every time it happens the rep sound goes off. Not a big deal cause I got used to used it, but I thought I will bring it to your attention.

It started when Viconia joined the party, where you lose 2 rep points by taking her in.

rep.jpg

Where I was talking about engine version above, when it comes to data, you're playing neither bg1 or bg2, but let's call it bgt, since it is a modded mix of the two. Nor bg1 nor bg2 have this problem separately, so this must be a bgt or bgt-induced bug. Please upload your baldur.bcs somewhere.

I should really pay attention to compile warnings about unused variables!

the problem was that when i was cleaning up my final code somehow replaced a variable in a different section with the wrong one one (stupid find and replace mistake :) ).

anyhow new build is up with a fix for that and again synced with git.

Archived