iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Where I was talking about engine version above, when it comes to data, you're playing neither bg1 or bg2, but let's call it bgt, since it is a modded mix of the two. Nor bg1 nor bg2 have this problem separately, so this must be a bgt or bgt-induced bug. Please upload your baldur.bcs somewhere.

Yes I'm playing BGT.

There are many bcs file as you can see, I've uploaded the one highlighted.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8284660/baldur.bcs

bcs.jpg

I should really pay attention to compile warnings about unused variables!

the problem was that when i was cleaning up my final code somehow replaced a variable in a different section with the wrong one one (stupid find and replace mistake :) ).

anyhow new build is up with a fix for that and again synced with git.

Victory !! It now works like a charm :p

looks fine to me, so maybe it comes from another script. I don't feel like debugging its weidu code though.

Really don't bother with this bug, it's a tiny one, could be mod induced bug as you said.

Guys please find below a recap cause I know you've been working hard over past days :p

This is the list of main issues I've been reporting so far and their status

FIXED OR LOW PRIORITY BUGS

1. GemRB app wouldn't start with some games - Fixed

2. Spellcasters issues - No more problems especially after target is dead

3. Bug when opeing Record page in IWD HOW - Fixed

4. Formation rotation - Nicely implemented

4. Reputation bug with Viconia - Low priority bug

5. Gestures not working anymore after some time - Low priority bug, (happens rarely)

6. Font size in IOS, for now require a manual workaround - according to Lynx difficult to implement natively

7. Taerom the smith in Beregost bug - Fixed (I guess when starting a new game, on my side I had to use a workaround)

8. Introduction music not stopping after loading saved game (IWD How) - Low priority (was fixed in previous build though)

9. AI in IWD HOW :

- tested intensively each script - Characters behaves accordingly (Lynx was right !!)

- however for embedded scripts (not supported by a file in the Script folder) like Guardian, Fighter Anti-Caster etc, I'm not sure. Who needs them anyway ?!

REMAINING ISSUES

9. IWD HOW character sound issues

- sound selection erratic on IOS, selecting one sound will select the one two steps below

- sound correctly played when selecting each character but no warcry in combat, and no music combat either

10. IWD HOW AI button is reversed, should be on when red-circled not the other way around

To be honest point 9 is the biggest pain point.

Thanks again guys !! :)

Druids get no racial enemy and the code looks pretty sound. Do you also get it offered to rangers?

Yes, Rangers got the favored enemies as well. Only the druid appears to have this issue. All caster get to pick what spells they start the game with (memorized) during character creation, even if they 'know' all their spells already.

Here is an example of wizard and cleric (respectively) spell selection.

unledmh.jpg

I don't see how that is possible, as our clskills.2da has haterace set only for ranger and ranger/cleric. If you get it for ranger, it's not an index issue. In the chargen description text area, the char's class is correctly written as druid or ranger respectively?

I don't see how that is possible, as our clskills.2da has haterace set only for ranger and ranger/cleric. If you get it for ranger, it's not an index issue. In the chargen description text area, the char's class is correctly written as druid or ranger respectively?

Its written as a druid. I am unsure as to why the Ranger racial enemy pops up, but it does so before the weapon skill selection and the spells after that fail to appear. I verified that my install on PC works correctly, and I havent installed any mods (aside from widescreen, of course)

img0073lq.jpg

img0074ec.jpg

@Lynx and SyntaxError

I have feeling that there's still something fishy about AI scripts in IWD HOW.

I did one simple test. I deleted all scripts listed under the Icewind Dale\Scripts folder.

Of course when playing the game character AI will not work anymore, but the list to choose from is still there

Even after emptying the cache, how come ? Is the list hardcoded somewhere ?

Thanks

it's read from a table, yes.

That explains.

I think this table is a combination of both IWD and IWD 2 character scripts.

Some of them were introduced only in IWD II : Figther Guardian, Fighter Anti-Caster, Paladin/Cleric Anti Undead etc.

And IWD HOW doesn't come with these script files. Not quite sure that adding them from IWD II will work.

Besides the table is missing the None script.

What do you think ?

How can it be a combination, when iwd2 was released later? :p

It's this table btw, example from bg1: http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/2da/2d...ts/scrpdesc.htm

ok got it, you are right.

On this web page IWD scrpdesc.2da is not available. I had to use Near Infinity to read the one in my IWD HOW install (see below), and it matches the list I see in the game.

As I said scripts starting with "+" don't have corresponding file in IWD HOW ?! (Strange...) Anyway I just added one of them from IWD II and it works so will do the same for the rest.

Thanks for you help nailing this one !! :)

TITLE DESCRIPTION

Fighter1 17582 17583

Fighter2 17584 17585

Fighter3 17586 17587

Fighter4 17588 17589

Thief1 17590 17591

Thief2 17592 17593

Thief3 17594 17595

Thief4 17596 17597

Mage1 17598 17599

Mage2 17600 17601

Mage3 17602 17603

Mage4 17604 17605

Cleric1 17606 17607

Cleric2 17608 17609

Cleric3 17610 17611

Cleric4 17612 17613

+Thief_S 26853 26854

+Druid_A 26855 26856

+Clerc_S 26857 26858

+Clerc_P 26859 26860

+Guard 26861 26862

+Antiund 26863 26864

+Fgtr_AC 26870 26871

+Fgtr_G 26872 26873

+Cmbtcst 26874 26875

CUSTOM 17167 -1

We use the same table as the original engine.

Hi Avenger,

While I have you there would you be able to take a look at this remaining issue.

In IWD HOW characters now play their sound when selected, however no warcry in combat, and no music combat either. And I know you are the sound expert :)

@SyntaxError

Please can you remind me why you gave up using scrolling text boxes with the finger. Using sliders is a real bummer.

Please can you remind me why you gave up using scrolling text boxes with the finger. Using sliders is a real bummer.

I didn't. it still works fine for me. you should be able to scroll text boxes with either 1 or 2 fingers. i know dialogue works with 1 but maybe not some of the others so try 2.

Archived