iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

A big chunk of gemrb is in python and can run whatever you want.

WTF, you have to *buy* a developer account? Crazy.

The AlephOne app (marathon) runs lua scripts. I'm not so sure python is whats stopping it anymore, kind of a grey area there.

I cant complain TOO much for 99 bux a year if you are actually selling something. I'm not going to pay to distribute a free game tho, and with not even owning an iOS device doesn't help me want to do other iOS development.

I can put it on cydia if I ever get around to it, and at least the developer tools are free.

@SyntaxError

I was wondering something today.

I installed IWD 1 on my Ipad (while Lynx was figuring out my issue with Taerom), switching back and forth between BG and IWD is a pain.

Is there another to switch between games, instead of swaping conf file manually ?

I dont know if there is a difference between BG and BG2 in this area but BG2 works fine for me on an iphone 4 without a mod of any kind. you do lose some screen real-estate but not much.

i should add those dimensions as a comment to the config so iphone users can setup easily instead of just having ipad dimensions.

Is there another to switch between games, instead of swaping conf file manually ?

Not sure what Syntax can do about this. I was able to find a way to have both games played, but it involves using the old .ipa of GemRB iOS installed along with GemRB. You can have one point to Baldur's Gate and the other to Icewind Dale. The .ipa is really outdated but ... functional, to a point.

Not sure what Syntax can do about this. I was able to find a way to have both games played, but it involves using the old .ipa of GemRB iOS installed along with GemRB. You can have one point to Baldur's Gate and the other to Icewind Dale. The .ipa is really outdated but ... functional, to a point.

I feel like it's the only way to install a second instance of GemRB for now

How easy is it to build an IPA ?

no need for extra installations, gemrb can take the wanted config as a parameter. If you can't configure that in the shortcut/link a normal symlink can be made to gemrb (they could also be distributed), since gemrb first searches for the-binary-name.cfg

no need for extra installations, gemrb can take the wanted config as a parameter. If you can't configure that in the shortcut/link a normal symlink can be made to gemrb (they could also be distributed), since gemrb first searches for the-binary-name.cfg

I'm is trying hard to make sense of this message :)

Where is the shortcut/link for GemRB on the iPad ?

Does it mean two icons on the iPad ?

Nice! I was also able to figure out how to make an .ipa from the newest GemRB and edit the plist to get it to launch and install properly from installous. Took me long enough >.<

Also, got a bit big for my britches and went to replace the icons so you can tell the difference between the two games.

img0064hl.jpg

Nice! I was also able to figure out how to make an .ipa from the newest GemRB and edit the plist to get it to launch and install properly from installous. Took me long enough >.<

Also, got a bit big for my britches and went to replace the icons so you can tell the difference between the two games.

img0064hl.jpg

Nice job as well, actually replacing icons pushed the feat even further :)

Yesterday I was on a trip but could get a peep at your pics, today they're gone !

What's up with Imageshack and their Terms of Service ?!

Also would you mind emailing me those icons of yours ?

I ran into an issue, somehow I can't save with the game I installed via Itunes. I get access to folder denied although both games save folders have identical properties

highlighted error in console log below :

"Aug 21 08:45:54 GA-PAD sandboxd[555] <Notice>: GemRB(553) deny file-write-mode /private/var/mobile/Icewind Dale/mpsave"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8284660/save.doc

Thanks

Archived