iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Last poster: either data is missing or you're not telling gemrb where to find it.

Joshua: tutu does the level 1 thing by hacking the executable, which of course does nothing for gemrb. We dehardcoded that limitation and like that thread suggests, you just need to modify override/bg2/clskills.2da (the starting xp column).

Re crash: of course we need all the logs you can provide to be able to do anything (maybe SE can also put a debug build up for such cases).

Guest rsuffix

Hmm...

It works fine with regular installs though, and I'm unsure what other paths I could change in the config to get it to find the right data.

Oh well, I'll keep playing around.

If anyone else has any pointers, I'm all ears!

Thanks.

Guest Joshua
the only issue you have that has anything to do with iOS is the right click. I've already stated my intentions of reverting it to the way it was originally implemented. I'll likely do that this weekend.

Thanks in advance for this

even though it doesnt have anything to do with the ios port your lvl 7 start issues sounds to me like your BGT install failed to modify whatever table/script/whatever determines that as lvl 7 is what you would start at in BG2.

Well you may be right here.

I just tried running BGT on my PC. Although character start level 1 , the game shamlessly crashes whenever I leave CandleKeep with Gorion.

This is a good indication that somehow my BGT install got corrupted, both on my PC and Ipad since the latter use same game folder.

I'm up for another full BGT install. Oh dear.... :)

Guest Joshua
Last poster: either data is missing or you're not telling gemrb where to find it.

Joshua: tutu does the level 1 thing by hacking the executable, which of course does nothing for gemrb. We dehardcoded that limitation and like that thread suggests, you just need to modify override/bg2/clskills.2da (the starting xp column).

Re crash: of course we need all the logs you can provide to be able to do anything (maybe SE can also put a debug build up for such cases).

I will try this before reinstalling everything. In the meantime there you go with my logs, console came in handy to find the location of these

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8284660/GemRB_2011...31_GA-PAD.plist

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8284660/GemRB_2011...19_GA-PAD.plist

Guest rsuffix

Ah, turns out I was just dumb - Some of the files from /data/data/ hadn't copied over properly, which resulted in the errors.

All fixed now! Thank you lynx.

Guest Joshua

YES !! :)

Altering clskills.2da worked like a charm

- character now start lvl 1 !

- no need to import the save folder from the pc anymore, (doing this would make the game crash anyway when transfering items to characters bag, back and forth, don't know why but you have the logs)

Thanks Lynx !

Guest Joshua

Still suffering some random crashes where GemRB will close on me

not a big deal cause I'm saving a lot but in order for you guys to investigate, do you need more logs ? The ones I sent earlier are they allright ? I can send more if necessary.

Thanks

Guest Joshua
they're practically useless without debugging symbols, so more logs don't make any sense. It did look like it crashed in gemrb though.

How do I turn this on ?

Guest Joshua

So depressing these crashes, they happen randomly, sometimes walking the party around or moving items from one character to another. Within 10 minutes it crash and close GemRB 3 or 4 times.

Attached the logs I got from the console after of one these, hopefully they could give some hint.

Looks like no one is having the same issue, so I'm seriously doubting my BGT instal now.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8284660/DamnCrash.rtf

It looks like this is a planned crash (abort called from code).

The bad news is, there is no hint where is it exactly.

I thought, we always print something before abort, but there could be some places where we don't.

It looks like this is a planned crash (abort called from code).

The bad news is, there is no hint where is it exactly.

I thought, we always print something before abort, but there could be some places where we don't.

I dont think its gemrb calling for the abort. can SIGABRT be "handled" like other signals?

Anyhow, the last time I got SIGABRT running gemrb on iOS was the footsteps sound crash because some gemrb mem copy function call was off by 1, but If that were the case this shouldnt be limited to 1 person reporting it. since it is just 1 person and since it is happening randomly maybe it is an out of memory thing.

@Joshua can you please post the segment of the console log from about 1 min before to crash? the crash reports arent going to help much since i did a clean install of my system when i upgraded and no longer have the symbol file needed to load those crash reports and view the symbols.

Archived