iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Guest Joshua
It looks like this is a planned crash (abort called from code).

The bad news is, there is no hint where is it exactly.

I thought, we always print something before abort, but there could be some places where we don't.

I dont think its gemrb calling for the abort. can SIGABRT be "handled" like other signals?

Anyhow, the last time I got SIGABRT running gemrb on iOS was the footsteps sound crash because some gemrb mem copy function call was off by 1, but If that were the case this shouldnt be limited to 1 person reporting it. since it is just 1 person and since it is happening randomly maybe it is an out of memory thing.

@Joshua can you please post the segment of the console log from about 1 min before to crash? the crash reports arent going to help much since i did a clean install of my system when i upgraded and no longer have the symbol file needed to load those crash reports and view the symbols.

There you go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8284660/DamnCrash2.rtf

Ok, then what is this :)

Jul 28 20:18:14 GA-PAD UIKitApplication:net.sourceforge.GemRB[0x8574][524] <Notice>: Assertion failed: (chunk > 0), function AddSlotItem, file /Users/brada/gemrb/apple/../gemrb/core/Inventory.cpp, line 650.

To fix this particular assertion, change this:

if (!chunk) {
			return ASI_FAILED;
		}
		assert(chunk > 0);

to this:

if (chunk<=0) {
			return ASI_FAILED;
		}

In Inventory.cpp, near line 650.

It is another assertion, which we thought we already walled off.

Assertion failed: (CurrentActionTicks == 0 && CurrentActionState == 0), function ProcessActions, file /gemrb/core/Scriptable/Scriptable.cpp, line 547

But, there should be something about last action in the line before this assertion.

I wonder if this version contains all our fixes.

link to the ipad build is broken

I assume you are talking about the link in the OP. there is a working link somewhere in this thread and since lynx edited the OP wont the wiki that link is correct.

thank you lynx.

Since I'm about to upgrade this xcode project to Xcode 4 here is a download for the old xcode 3 project.

just drop it in the gemrb project folder then add some symbolic links to your SDL/Python headers.

Guest Petrell
um what? I have no idea what you are referring to. GemRB already runs on any iOS device with appropriate screen resolution.

Not really reffering to anyhing. Just waiting someone to make complete Let's Play('s) (not just short demonstrations) of IE games on Ipad. Would be interesting to watch.

um what? I have no idea what you are referring to. GemRB already runs on any iOS device with appropriate screen resolution.

Not really reffering to anyhing. Just waiting someone to make complete Let's Play('s) (not just short demonstrations) of IE games on Ipad. Would be interesting to watch.

What is "Let's Play"? i dont understand.

Guest Joshua

Hey Guys,

With a few hours of gameplay behind me, I now have a better picture on what works and what doesn't.

1. Random crashes in combat or when transferring items.

Yes I know that SyntaxErrror is on it

Right click

SyntaxError will roll back to whatever was previous behavior

Scrolling

Actually very difficult to use the sliders. No my fingers are not that big !  I simply think there might be a better way to move up and down these scroll boxes

Entering a building

Sometimes it would take me 10 attempts. No overhead icon makes it difficult to find the right spot. Maybe there's a trick you guys are holding from me.

Other than that GemRB port looks pretty solid if you ask me.

Archived