Progress?

Andyr

The features list on the Amber's homepage approximately tells where we stand.

But as a summary, we have done:

The quest including the areas are done and working (and if any future beta tester reports a broken door, I... I don't know what I will do.)

All chapter specific talks save one are proofread and coded, but all of them are not tested yet.

The casual talks are proofread and coded save the last one in which the course of the relationship is determined. It used to be all done, but I made some significant changes to the last talk, so it needs a rerun on the editors table.

Most of the click-talk topics have been proofread and coded.

Writing for friendship path is done and about half of it is proofread.

Writing for romance path is done and most of the talks are coded in, but there is some holes waiting the last talks to be proofread.

All Amber initiated flirts have been written and coded (and working).

There is a brunch of Amber initiated flirts written, but I suppose that there could always be more. Nothing has been proofread or coded.

Banters - writing finished, proofreading and coding started.

Interjections - written, there probably could be more, but I think we'll be fine with these too.

Two quest NPCs have been voiced.

There is one or two items on the workbench, but rest of them are there.

Hmmm. I probably forgot something, but never mind that.

is there a specific release date that ur aiming for

No, we do not have (and do not plan on setting) a deadline for Amber. We'll keep on working on her and she'll be done when she's done. We do have a pretty good idea of where to draw the line when it comes to writing material (and everything but a few small things has already been written), but since this is only a hobby project and we have other things going on in life as well, we really cannot predict how fast we can get everything done.

Taking all this into account, I could say that Amber will probably be ready by Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Please correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but after reading all the information you've posted about the status of your mod, it seems to me that SoA content for Amber is, for the most part, quite complete - and you also have some material ready for Throne of Bhaal, too.

Now, my question is: Have you considered releasing both parts of the mod simultaneously, as a one complete SoA + ToB mod?

I ask this because ToB is actually pretty short and nowhere near as massive as SoA, so you don't have to write & code as many lovetalks, flirts &c. for Amber there. And it would also be something completely new, because people wouldn't anxiously have to wait for the next part of the mod after finishing SoA...you know, we would get all the fun immediately. :rolleyes:

Just a thought, feel free to shoot it down. :D

*deploys flak batteries to protect his idea*

PS. If Amber will be ready by Tuesday, could it be, if at all possible, by Tuesday, December 14th, 2004? My three-week-long holiday begins on Monday, Dec. 13th...should have plenty of time for BG then! :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but after reading all the information you've posted about the status of your mod, it seems to me that SoA content for Amber is, for the most part, quite complete - and you also have some material ready for Throne of Bhaal, too.

Now, my question is: Have you considered releasing both parts of the mod simultaneously, as a one complete SoA + ToB mod?

Well, you are correct in that SoA content is "for the most part, quite complete", but the operative parts here are "for the most part" and "quite". Meaning that there are still a whole lot of small details to be taken care of, not to mention the whole voicing process (including finding voice actors) and composing and recording music.

As to ToB, we are planning to do SoA first, because in my mind, the shortness and lack of content in ToB gives us all the more reason to add as much content to it as we can (quests, expanding Amber's storyline, etc.), and we don't want to sit on the SoA part for another year (or two) while we are trying to come up with additional material for ToB. We currently have only the necessary parts for ToB written or sketched out, and personally I would very much like to add in something more significant.

So if you want to play them both in one go, you'll have to sit on the SoA part yourself while we work on the ToB part. :rolleyes:

PS. If Amber will be ready by Tuesday, could it be, if at all possible, by Tuesday, December 14th, 2004? My three-week-long holiday begins on Monday, Dec. 13th...should have plenty of time for BG then! biggrin.gif

Considering that my last exams for the year are on the 17th of Dec, I very much doubt it. I wish we had a holiday that long... :D

because in my mind, the shortness and lack of content in ToB gives us all the more reason to add as much content to it as we can (quests, expanding Amber's storyline, etc.), and we don't want to sit on the SoA part for another year (or two) while we are trying to come up with additional material for ToB.

Thank you. Anything to make ToB seem 'bigger' would help. Even on my first time through the ToB portion of the game I got tired of "move to a new area, fight boss, move to a new area, fight another boss, move to yet another area and fight 2 bosses" All without taking more than a few steps into uncharted territory.

As to ToB, we are planning to do SoA first, because in my mind, the shortness and lack of content in ToB gives us all the more reason to add as much content to it as we can (quests, expanding Amber's storyline, etc.), and we don't want to sit on the SoA part for another year (or two) while we are trying to come up with additional material for ToB. We currently have only the necessary parts for ToB written or sketched out, and personally I would very much like to add in something more significant.

I admit, you have a valid point there. It's true that ToB lacks content, so if Amber's going to improve the situation - great!

I'm just anxious to get my hands on all these new mods, you know...and patience is a virtue I don't have! :rolleyes:

One thing that should also be remembered is that this project is a very much a *learning* process. So whenever we start adding new feature we have to first figure out how on eart it is supposed to be done. It's kind of fun, but can take some time.

I did some I_C_T exercises today. It went quite well, I might add. :rolleyes:

Oh, and we made a backup copy of all the material on CD yesterday. About time to do that too, since last backup was dated May 2nd...

Oh, and we made a backup copy of all the material on CD yesterday. About time to do that too, since last backup was dated May 2nd...

Well what can I say :D You're CRAZY :rolleyes: Even though I'm a pc freak.. or maybe BECAUSE of that .. I never trust my pc :) I MUST always have everything BACKED UP :D

... but feel free to ignore my rambling ;)

Got some of those must-have-things done this weekend:

The Slayer change interjections are now coded, Darios needs to take a look on those lines, though.

Three of Life with various possible tracks is now coded and proofread.

Good part of the Bodhi abduction and the files involved is figured out and coded. The graveyard scene is also proofread.

The muse strikes again!

On days like this I think it will never be finished. :thumbsup:

Oh well... Good news to any friendship-path fans: I've invented a whole set of click-talks between the PC romancing bio-NPC and Amber should the protagonist feel like pouring his/her heart out. Aerie's stuff is more or less written and I've started doing talks for Anomen's romance.

I've also toyed with Amber romance-path quest, but I think that will go on the shelf for now. I think I will first see if people feel that there is unfinished business in her romance and if the adding the quest is worth the trouble. :D

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Archived