More than 5 NPCs?

Acleacius

Is there a mod or is it possible through commands to add more than 5 NPCs? Honestly don't care about the power aspect of it, I'm interested in NPC interactions.

As an example could the PC summon pet ability be used to import companion NPCs? If the number of summons and the summon timer could be hacked it seems possible to create a bypass.

Thanks.

More than 5 "real" NPC's, as in having their portraits in the right side bar - no. And it's not going to happen (basically because Ascension64 said he's not trying it for TobEx, and if he's not, no one is).

But "companions" - yes. Check this example out for example: http://www.shsforums...c/40623-haiass/. It's a tame wolf that you control with dialogue interaction and that levels with you. I'm not sure if there are any human(oid) companions though.

The problem with this would be that the game and also several if not most mods would have to be adjusted to more than 6 total party members, or the game would break at every point where the amount of party members is checked (and greater than 6 wasn't considered so far.)

we'll do it for gemrb someday, see the links in the FAQ for some details: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=3406 . Maybe this year already, since it is a really cool and often requested feature.

the_bigg advertises a change in weidu, though I think my first try will be a "good enough" attempt with plain regex foo. The rest is pretty much just a GUI mod and as of the last release, the bigger party change would automatically work for all the games except for pst (with widescreen, of course).

Ahh too bad, thanks for the infos and links.

Yeah, I meant actual NPC character actors. I don't necessarly know if their picture would need to be there. Why couldn't instead of summoning a wolf, couldn't we summon a NPC like Viconia or Mnsc? Seems the timer be hacked to never expire, then it would pass all the program NPC checks, since the summoned wouldn't regester as a typical NPC.

Short answer: It's a scripting nightmare.

Slightly longer answer: In order to make a summons (Haiss or a familiar) follow the PC across area transitions, scripts for this need to be made up in advance and associated with the NPC. The summons/familiar is destroyed/created each time the PC changes areas. When the NPC is destroyed, everything in its invetory is... what? I'm not sure whether it's left as a ground pile, destroyed, or transferred to the PC's inventory, making the PC drop items. You don't need me to tell you the havoc this would cause

Archived