Spell Revisions V3.1

Demivrgvs

Mirror Image and Dispel Magic require additional patching to actually make new features appear in game. Both engine modifications by themselves only enable new options for modders.

Cure Sleep, hmm, I forgot... It's identical anyway.

Thank you for the link, Graoumf! That was my time off and I totally missed it. There is a problem with the BGT automatic installation currently, lots of people having the Russian version, so obviously there existed a German version sometime, somwhere. I will see to this.

We had the same problem with BGSpawn when mm75 decided for his mod's update to comment the install lines on the .tp2 for foreigner languages, and uncomment its as the translators send him their translation.

I guess german translation is on the BWP...? If yes, do you do the same for others mods? It would be interesting to know it before asking modders to make an update like we did for SR.

Leonardo is best to ask which translations are in BWP. I am more in favour for asking the modder to integrate the translation directly, tbh.

Your post got ignored, and I feel quite embarrassed about it. Thank you for giving us notes concerning language versions, Graoumf! Even if it sometimes looks as if no-one reacts I really appreciate it.

Sorry for the OT.

Hi Ardanis

And to add to Salk's post above, after the install of SR do we still have to edit the TobEx ini file as per this topic? http://forums.gibber...showtopic=23689

I hoped Ardanis would visit here and reply himself. :( Anyway, as far as I know A64 handled compatibility somehow with the last update, but checking it might be a good idea indeed. I don't know if you still need to edit that ini file (that link is spot on accurate), I'll look into it asap, but if you know how to do it then edit it, because it surely doesn't hurt. ;)

TobEx

1. I think at the moment it's better/easier to skip the hacks in SR if ToBEx is installed beforehand.

2. SCSII's ToBEx should be compatible with SR's hacks, i.e. it shouldn't matter according to DavidW.

3. For everything else we have to test more since ToBEx introduces several new features into the wild, so to say.

What can be done is to check for pre-installed ToBEx and, if present, skip Taimon's exe hack and only patch ITM/SPL files.

Because of the clash, I'd just remove the dispel fix from SR completely then - who wants it fixed, they can install ToBEx.

Sorry for delaying the solution, but I can't manage it right away, at least not in tested and verified form.

Wait, now I even more confused, Ardanis. You wrote:

Mirror Image and Dispel Magic require additional patching to actually make new features appear in game. Both engine modifications by themselves only enable new options for modders.

Cure Sleep, hmm, I forgot... It's identical anyway.

so I thought that in order to have Dispel Magic and Mirror Image fixed, ToBEx alone wouldn't be enough but we need to install SR's as well while instead the Cure Sleep Fix is a mere duplication of effects that are already active and working by installing ToBEx alone?

What is it we must do?

Wait, now I even more confused, Ardanis. ...

so I thought that in order to have Dispel Magic and Mirror Image fixed, ToBEx alone wouldn't be enough but we need to install SR's as well while instead the Cure Sleep Fix is a mere duplication of effects that are already active and working by installing ToBEx alone?

What is it we must do?

What Ardanis was saying is that a future solution could be to check if ToBEx is installed and then apply our changes, because what you (Salk) are saying is correct: when it comes to Dispel and Mirror Image fixes, ToBEx hack by itself isn't enough (SR patches many itm and spl files to make it work as it should). ToBEx Cure Sleep fix instead works even without SR's stand-alone fix, but even then it wouldn't work by itself alone. It's just that SR's Sleep spell included in the main component is coded in a way that makes it work fine as long as 'cure sleep' opcode is fixed (be it via ToBEx or SR's similar component).

I hope I have been clear, have I? :)

Archived