iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

So I finally got BG1 going on my iPad2, using the GOG version. My only problem is that the GUI is all over the place, the right and bottom side is missing, it comes back while using menus but it's not properly lined up. Different results with different resolutions, It's a big mess! The only resolution working properly is 640x480, but it's only using a small part of the screen on my iPad. My question is, would the widescreen mod fix that? Do I need it for iPad? And how do I install it, do I have to apply the mod on windows and then zip it to my iPad? Is there a way to apply the changes directly on my iPad? Thanks.

Edit: Using version 292.

I just rewrote touch input for Android compatibility. However, I'm also sure there is a bug or to that I missed and since I only have the simulator I need some testing done. The big thing i cant test is the new gesture for formation rotation. No longer does a touch+hold+drag work (it overcomplicated the code and i think this is much better). rather then type it all out here is a link to the wiki page for touch input. Please note you have to act somewhat fast to prevent the first touch from being interpreted as a right click (I will try to make this a non-issue in the future)

On the plus side Im'm pretty sure this touch rewrite fixed at least some of the touch input problems on retina displays (iphone /ipod)

A have a few questions, using version 292 on iPad2, playing Baldur's gate 1 with the widescreen mod.

First, I played around the baldur.ini file and was able to set my options like I wanted except for one, Attack Sounds=0 doesn't work, so every time a player attacks, I have to listen to their "warcry" so to speak, it's quite a mess when I get all characters to attack at once! Is there another way to turn this off beside turning the voice volume down to zero?

Second, should I stick to version 292? I understand the issue with the audio driver (I think) but is it a confirmed problem? Also, is it possible to upgrade GemRB without losing my savegames/data? Do I just sync the new ipa with itunes, then install it on my iPad and proceed as normal?

Thanks again for all the replies, greatly appreciated.

there havent been any issues with the audio driver since before 0.7.0 o_O shall I assume you mean the video driver?

the main thing broken after 292 that hasn't been fixed yet is some sprites have their color channels mixed up so some images are blue. The audio option issues you have are probably fixed in later versions 292 is 253 revisions out of date at this point ;) I think its time you upgrade. I don't know what to tell you about the upgrade process as i dont have an ipad/iphone; I image you can just upgrade without fear of loosing data. I keep asking people that can verify to add this info to the wiki but sadly nobody wants to contribute.

I suppose I can always do a backup first and restore if needed, It's just that I got quite a few hours into my savegame and sometime it's better to put up with a few bugs rather than lose all your progress. I will try updating and let you know, thanks again.

And yes, I meant to say video...

Well it worked, I just had to change the path names, but I still have the same problems. Attack Sounds=0 won't work and Volume Voices=0 same result. There are a few things too, if you select all party members and then press the AI button you can't select your first character anymore. There's also a big bug where you can't pick up any items at all! The items on the ground get highlighted when you tap on them but nothing happens, the next time you tap anywhere on the screen the item box finally pops up but disappears after half a second! Too fast to click on it!

It looks like I will be switching back to 292 for now, was using 545, plus blue isn't my thing ;) I hope this was helpfull, I'm not complaining in any way! I'm more than happy to provide feedback if needed.

the problem is that nobody is willing to test; i rewrote touch input a week ago and you are the first person to actually try it (and post about it anyway).

the sound options are outside the domain of the iOS port. there is a thread bout it already i believe.

Also, dragging one finger no longer draws the selection square area, not very well anyway. In my case I like it better since dragging two fingers used to scroll AND draw the selection square almost every time.

Come on!! Get one of them fancy iPad thingy!! It's really a lot of fun to play on a tablet, hopefully more people will join in and participate, thanks again!

Archived