iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

I have fixed all reported issues with touch input as best as i can tell. Thanks for reporting them, as you can see we are usually pretty quick about fixing issues promptly after they are reported. (except for the blue sprite issue of course :p )

please download the latest build (v0.7.0-550-gf80ef3d)and try it. let me know if touch input is still broken.

FYI it appears "Attact Sounds" option is unimplemented entirely. "Volume Voices" should work if you put it under "Program Options" works for me in the simulator. If that doesnt work for you check your log and make sure your baldur.ini file is being read successfully.

I'm doing some testing on an iPhone4S

Baldur's Gate 2 seems mostly fine - the touch input is fine as far as I can tell.

I am able to load a game but when the game loads, the main screen is black.

The inventory, map, etc are all fine (a nd touch works fine) but I just can't see any characters or background

This was loaded from an old PC save, so I will try starting a new game in GEMRB and see if that has the same issue

Oh, and everything is blue (but you already knew that!)

:)

I also tried loading Planescape Torment and it crashed immidiately after loading.

It's definitely possible that I've stuffed something up but it did run on previous versions

I have attached the log file for the crash here:

http://www.jamesbeckingham.com.au/tmp/device%20log.txt

I'll keep testing and let you know how I go

This is definitely invalid:

Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/AR0104.bif/sounds

Looks like you got an extra AR0104.bif on the path. Was this a hiccup in the configurator? I somehow doubt you put that there intentionally.

I still don't quite understand how it found chitin.key on that messed up path.

the generated configs contain only these paths:

GamePath = ../Library/GAMETYPE/ZIP_FOLDER_NAME/
CachePath = ../Library/Caches/GAMETYPE/
SavePath = ../Library/saves/GAMETYPE/
CustomFontPath = ../Documents/

so by that logic it sounds like the zip he used to install didn't have a root folder or something along those lines (really not sure here). tho i though that wasn't required.

In other news I have been able to scale the rendering such that we can fill the entire screen regardless of the configured resolution (ie fullscreen PST without widescreen mod on iPad). This has the nice side effect of lso centering the "window". Unfortunately, I need to think of a good way to adjust/scale the touch coordinates appropriately :-/

It also opens the door for pinch to zoom; with a lot of work it could be done.

Well touch coordinates dont exactly scale 100% accurately, but I have made it possible for fullscreen play on both iphone and ipad regardless of the resolution in the config. so you all should be able to play PST at fullscreen without the need for the widescreen mod.

obviously IE games are 4:3 aspect ratio (unless you have adjusted with widescreen mod) so if your screen isnt 4:3 you will loose some of the interface. I can obviously calculate this in the future to prevent this loss and force the video into a 4:3 frame <= the screen size.

be sure to have Fullscreen=1 in your configs to use this. if you have Fullscreen=0 then it will simulate a window and draw the game the size supplied in the config centered on screen.

Hi guys,

I tried BG2 starting a new game from within GEMRB (instead of loading an old PC save).

That works fine. I can see the screen no probs.

Is it possible to load a PC save in GEMRB and if so, is there any trick to it?

If not, is it possible to import a BG1 save? I couldn't get it to detect them.

With PST, I've had a play around and I still can't see the problem

I did the full install (install to PC, copy CD 2 - 4 into sub folders within the install folder and modify the Torment.ini - did I mess this up somewhere?)

This is definitely invalid:

Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/AR0104.bif/sounds

Looks like you got an extra AR0104.bif on the path. Was this a hiccup in the configurator? I somehow doubt you put that there intentionally.

I still don't quite understand how it found chitin.key on that messed up path.

The extra AR0104.bif was put in there by the configurator - I haven't touched that path :)

I had a look on the CD's and my PC fooder and there is no "sounds" folder in my install. There's a sounds.bif and that is definitely in the root folder.

There's no scripts folder or scripts.bif though, so not sure what's happening there.

Also not sure why it used to run on an older build (with incorrect touch interface, of course) with the same install files

Any ideas?

Strange, i could load any original engine saved games into gemrb. I do that daily for testing.

Sounds and Portraits might be empty.

It's quite possible (or probable) that I've stuffed up somewhere, but it's just odd that I was able to get to character generation on an old build and this one errors right after load.

Avenger, could I get you to send me a screenshot of your torment folder so I can compare it to the one I am using?

Maybe you should try deleting GemRB and reinstalling from scratch. Its probable you once had a good install of PST that you then installed a poorly constructed archive over or vice versa caused by a buggy wrapper in a long ago version. either way uninstalling and reinstalling is the easiest way to fix it.

Hi all,

I've just jailbroken my 1st gen iPad (running iOS 5.1) after hearing about GemRB (many thanks to the dev!), but I'm having difficulty running the app.

After installing Cydia I then installed Installous to allow unsigned apps to run, and I have also installed OpenSSH and SBSettings to allow access to the iPad using Filezilla.

I installed GemRB 292 build to the iPad. I have installed the GOG version of the game to my PC, and then zipped the game directory and renamed the extension to bg1 ( the filename is now BG1.bg1), and have then synced the file into the GemRB folder using iTunes.

Do I need a config file before I go further? Because at the moment, every time I try running GemRB from the iPad it crashes, or at least it seems it fails to run. Nothing happens other than for a spit second the screen goes black before the home screen is displayed again.

I've probably overlooked something so please forgive my ignorance, and I've been through the forum threads to try and find help myself, but can someone tell me what I've done wrong and how I get this app running please?

sounds like you skipped the part where you actually unarchive the data onto ipad. follow the on screen directions when you open gemrb.

Also there is a known problem with GOG versions. you will have to edit the config file and add CD2=something (tho i have no recollection of what something is. search this thread/forums and you will find it)

you should download a later version anyway. newer version will popup error messages instead of just exiting that will help you.

sounds like you skipped the part where you actually unarchive the data onto ipad. follow the on screen directions when you open gemrb.

Also there is a known problem with GOG versions. you will have to edit the config file and add CD2=something (tho i have no recollection of what something is. search this thread/forums and you will find it)

you should download a later version anyway. newer version will popup error messages instead of just exiting that will help you.

Thanks for replying to me :)

Regards the part where you extract the archive, I can't actually get to this point because the app just crashes straight back to the home screen when I run it.

I'll do as you say, I'll install a later version and try that, and I'll search for the GOG config info. Cheers.

Archived