iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

I have the same issue on my iPhone 4S with BG2 (input not working)

Interesting, though - when I try PST, the touch input works, it's just not aligned with the screen.

i.e.

the PST image is displayed in the top left hand corner of the screen, and the touch input acts as though the screen is aligned to the bottom right corner of the screen.

Not sure if that helps any

:)

Not sure if that helps any

well it would if i didnt already know ;) if the touch input didnt work at all you wouldnt be able to skip the intro videos.

As far as I can tell this is a bug in SDL. the touch resolution that i had been using (and had bben working) now reports itself as 32768 on retina displays...

I had more or less all the same problems that link6616 had getting GemRB up and running but i got through them, now my problem is that I don't know what to do in order to actually install the games on my ipad. I'm using the 3-cd version of BG1/totsc and I've no idea what to do.

I installed the game to my C: drive then archived that entire folder into a .rar, then renamed that extension .bg1 and sent it via itunes to my ipad. The GemRB program lists baldurs gate.bg1 under the "install a game" tab but selecting it does nothing. Do i need to archive the entire CD and send that? or am I just way off base?

use a zip archive not rar

I love you.

*any advice on getting the gibberlings3 widescreen mod to work for BG1? I installed from the main site, perhaps i messed up a file during the installation?

**nevermind, i got the resolution worked out... thanks for the quick assist. Oh, and what's up with the color issues, people and icons are varying shades of blue. It's not a game-breaker but...

I have been trying to get this working on my iphone 4 since November, and I've tried a number of versons. I took a few weeks, and now I'm back at it. Typically I run into problems with the paths being wrong according to the log when I try to run bg2. I have just tried the latest version (483), and now it can't locate the game. It says there are no game files installed.

Any thoughts?

It is probably easier to tell what's wrong by seeing the actual logs instead of you trying to explain what is in the logs.

Normally, one or two missing paths don't harm gemrb, typically a missing cd6 path doesn't have much impact, especially if it is from a dvd install, and the first path is ok.

you won't be able to play on an iphone at this time anyway. The SDL people recently screwed up touch input on retina displays. I am able to fix (hack) the "mouse" touches, but that leaves at the least right click as broken. The other touch inputs are delta based so thy might still work, but i hadn't tested.

Also a reminder: the color channels are still messed up for ios/mac

I am new here but I just got starting on gemrb on my ipad. Anyhow I was using the 292 because of the warning but reach a part in the game that constantly crash.

I updated to the very last version of 489:

Bad news, as read before the blueish sprites are still there, every character is blue and all the game blueish

Good news, I can move on in the game as the crash did not occur on the version.

Thanks SyntaxError for all your work.

edited for typos

Archived