iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Just a heads up: 0.7.0-292 is the last build available before the iOS build switches to a new (and very incomplete) video driver.

I don't have a complete list of things that dont work, but here is a short list:

• I dont think some games intro videos work (and may even cause a crash so set videos to skip if it is a problem).
  • into movies that do work may lag
  • Cursors and tooltips dont work, but i think most everybody here plays with them disabled anyway.
  • Modal windows don't have the darkening effect on the background interface
  • gamma setting doesnt work.
  • dynamically switching to/from fullscreen doesnt work
  • probably some input doesnt work correctly

let me know if i missed something.

Hi,

I'm a newby, but I have some technical skills...

My problem is that after I installed GemRB on my Iphone 4 (jailbroken, 5.0.1), installing build 292 to avoid the SDL 2.0 issues, it doesn't recognize anything I upload using iTunes.

The documentation also said that it should automatically create some default cfg files, I couldn't see them in the iTunes documents section for this application (I don't know if this is how it should work)

I'm trying to upload the game BG1 (I have the DVD) with TotSC installed.

Where does GemRB place it's "document" folders? Where should I find the configuration files that should have automatically be created?

How do I enable the log?

Thanks for any assistance ("go away newbie" comments will also be OK ;))

if it doesnt recognize what you are uploading via itunes then you aren't uploading anything it recognizes :)

so what are you uploading? Location of the documents folder is irrelevant, and is the same as any other iphone app. config files get created only after installing data which you havent done. you can enable the log by enabling debug mode, but i dont think the iPhone interface has that button. The iPhone build is somewhat neglected, and in fact part of the upgrade to SDL 2.0 is to fix issues with the iPhone.

Thanks for replying.

I repacked the game, installed it but now I suffer from the same problem reported by Kulta:

A very small and warped image at the corner, setting the display size or toggling full screen or GUI enhancements doesn't solve this.

Is this a known issue? Does it have a known solution?

I think there was something said about SDL 2 solving this.

I didn't find any new iOS build with this version of SDL (latest is 292).

Hello.

I just read about this on 1up and have been tinkering with it but have a few issues...

My main one is how do I actually uninstall a game? I've swiped and deleted a config file, but the game data still seems to be taken up. But looking through the file system I can't seem to track down the right directory. I'm sure it's simple and I'm just glossing over something I'm just managing to gloss over. Once I know this hopefully I can actually tinker more and solve any issues I come across myself by ensuring things like file paths are all ok and so on.

Also, using the install methods the app suggests PST seems to be getting a blue screen after character creation, and running BG1 in anything other than 640*480 seems to cause the UI to screw over But leaving it at 640*480 leaves black borders all around the edges... Should I just run BG1 on my ipad as tutu or whatever the mod is that runs BG1 through BG2s engine? Would that work better?

deleting a config will just delete the config :p

unfortunately there isn't a way to remove a game from the interface at this time. The next interface overhaul is a way down the road too (gonna do away with config files entirely). When that happens you will be able to delete games directly from the interface.

Game data is stored in the sandbox Library directory. Unfortunately your sandbox Id varies from device to device so i cant tell you exactly where to look. The sandbox is somewhere under /var/mobile/Applications/. IIRC if you have SSH access you can ssh in and use something like the find command to search for it. try find /var/mobile/Applications -name bg1

The bluescreen problem is probably because you are using GOG version and need to set a C path in the config. I forget to where but search on the forum about it. and yes I think BG1 inside BG 2 works best since it natively runs at 1024x768 therefore filling you iPad screen. otherwise you need to mod with the fullscreen mod to get rid of the "black borders"

the first iOS build with SDL 2 driver is now available. this is for people wanting to test only and has none of the fixes from the main branch after 292. only difference is video driver which should hopefully either fix or open the door for me to fix various issues specifically on iphone/retina displays.

Wow... Note to self, always try the simplest option. I manually removed the files... but then considered what would happen if I just deleted the app normally... It'll uninstall the game installations too and is an easier way to do so if you need to uninstall all the GEMrb games you have on the device, and much simpler than navigating that file structure.

Archived