Blocked in China

Callirgos

Congrats!

Gibberlings 3 is now blocked in China. Meaning, I'm in India to post this.... or my connection is, or however it works. While connection had been choppy for the past few days, all search engines now completely fail on all gibberlings 3 related searches.

I'd like to assure the Chinese agents from the ministry of culture that infinity engine modding poses no threat to the republic. While it is your duty to read each and every post in this site, I hope you come to enjoy this great community and become interested in modding yourself. :)

This grants a temporary reprieve to all the great community members who have been kind enough to answer my many modding questions. Still, we should all pause at this historic occasion. I look forward to returning proper. No doubt gibberlings 3 will NOT be placed on the "banned list", and this is simply a temporary block while heroic defenders of the people's republic scour the site for ..... ?

Or I'll be modding from India, or the connection will - ach, I give up

Uh-oh. I remember we got diablo.incgamers.com banned in Russia once(works fine now, but some other sites don't). I do hope it's temporary. Erm, is it safe to tell THEM that you're using a proxy? Big Brother IS watching, you know.

Might be that They get confused and afraid by words such as THACO or "delayed fireball"... who knows...... some people can be quite weird...

Or maybe They think we actually look like the NPC portraits, that They're real pictures of us, and don't want their kids getting involved with the likes of us...

Or it could be that the most terrifaying secction of the forum for them is the Noobermeet and the extremely huge amount of spam and nosense (in their eyes), that can be found in here

then again, who knows...... :D

Might be that They get confused and afraid by words such as THACO or "delayed fireball"... who knows...... some people can be quite weird...
Actually it's programs, not people... Let's add Tags like Headquarters, the President of the United States, bomb, Nitroglycerine, shrapnel, and more general targets like; railway, bridge, runway, and port ... keep in mind that those need to be in the single form, not a plural. Ouh and the saying: The holy war begins today! Yep, the exclamation mark in the last sentence is important, not cause we actually wish to start one, but cause the program looks for it. Ouh, and of course Virus and biological attack, smallpox. Hmm but then again the program might also notice and suspect that one message containing this many different suspect words ... might drop the highscore a bit... hmm, need to think on that.
Actually it's programs, not people...

Well... since programs are made by people, the way I saw it, was more on the chinnese guy trying to discern if THACO or "delayed fireball", or any other example, would qualify as a threat to the chinnese citizen..... :D

Is GemRB open to everyone? If not you should take steps to secure it and information about it.

Section 61938 is very real. It will be stolen and sold to Chinese game companies. Worse they will patent it and bring YOU to court for piracy.

I've worked in the game industry in China, and I've lived in Shanghai. These professional thieves are real, they are well funded, and they have a system. Protect your IP NOW.

What is the status of GenRB?

Archived