Can I make copies of Bioware CD's on DVD's?

Lu_

o that I could use these DVD's to install and play IE games? I mean BG1 with and without TotSC, BG2 with and without ToB, and IWD1 with and without HoW
Why not make a "backup" .rar archive from the whole yet to be modified install folder that's already patched to the v2.5.26498 on BG2:ToB, and to v1.3.5512 on BG1:TotSC... they work as a game base as long as you edit the baldur.ini file's [Alias] reference folder to be the extraction folder what ever it might be and start the game with the BGMain.exe in the same folder.

In addition to that, you just need to make a CD image from the play CD, that's in BG2:ToB, the ToB game CD. This way you won't ever scrach your play CD, in the PC drive... ok, so my original CD is in a garbage yard somewhere around the world.

And to do the above, I used the NeroLite's 30 day edition if I remember correctly. And to emulate the CD image, I use the DAEMON tool's Lite version. Cause they are both free.

Ouh, and if you still have questions, ask away !

o that I could use these DVD's to install and play IE games? I mean BG1 with and without TotSC, BG2 with and without ToB, and IWD1 with and without HoW
Why not make a "backup" .rar archive from the whole yet to be modified install folder that's already patched to the v2.5.26498 on BG2:ToB, and to v1.3.5512 on BG1:TotSC... they work as a game base as long as you edit the baldur.ini file's [Alias] reference folder to be the extraction folder what ever it might be and start the game with the BGMain.exe in the same folder.

In addition to that, you just need to make a CD image from the play CD, that's in BG2:ToB, the ToB game CD.

This is what I ended up doing. For IWD especially--it's necessary for Fixpack testing that I have clean vanilla, HoW, TotL and GOG versions since so much differs between them.

This is what I ended up doing. For IWD especially--it's necessary for Fixpack testing that I have clean vanilla, HoW, TotL and GOG versions since so much differs between them.

I think I recall seeing once a post of yours where you claimed you had like 15 different installs to check out stuff (maybe slightly tongue in cheek?). How many alternate installs do you have now between all IE games and their different versions?

I think I recall seeing once a post of yours where you claimed you had like 15 different installs to check out stuff (maybe slightly tongue in cheek?). How many alternate installs do you have now between all IE games and their different versions?
Not that this was directed at me, but I have a record from 2008 saying 14 IE games... it also grew from there, but then I began to own more than one computer and now I have none for the 3 months I have and will spend at USA with a girlfriend I meat at SHS... :p

Depends on what I'm working on, though at present that's actually accurate. I currently have four IWDs (clean versions of base, HoW, TotL, GOG), three BGEEs (release, beta, nightly), three BG2EEs (two betas and a nightly), five BG2s (SoA, two ToBs IWD-in-BG2, and a Tutu), and a spare BG. That's my laptop which I use for development--my desktop just has BG2 that I'm trying to actually play a game on.

my desktop just has BG2 that I'm trying to actually play a game on.

How dare you actually play the game you love. Shame on you. What part of "slave to the whims of the i.e. modding community" do you fail to understand? :D

I agree on the setup as described. To avoid the CD load hassles, I threw an .iso of the ToB disc in reserve storage, so I can mount it when needed, but copying a clean install into place is much faster and avoids all the registry hassles.

[...] Ouh, and if you still have questions, ask away !

Cannot say I understand what you suggest here, -- other than that it's about some tricks I am definitely not familiar with. Could you explain what this is all about?

In the meantime, I have succeeded in making copies of BG1 disks (without TotSC) I just burned all 5 CD's straight to a DVD (without creating any subdirectories) and all seems to work pefrectly. I can install the game and play it using the DVD

Actually I've been planning to learn how to handle multiple installs, so my many thanks for the link

Which doesn't prevent me from fulfilling my original plan, though. I just bought a set of 10 DVD's in a store near my home for just $2.99 + tax = $3.26 (which makes 33 cents per; everybody loves a bargain, right?) and now seek to find use for them

Archived