Belated KOTOR 2 run

Domi

Wow, you are fast Twani! Jarno, wow, thanks on your explanation, I was not sure how this worked out with Kreia's death/Force connection. It actually makes sense.

I have missed the HK 47 quest in my game. For Bao Dur, I simply decided that during the barrage of Telos by Ravager he had to go save the shield or whatever he was installing in the first place in the restoration regions and did one of those Star Treckish stants. Being bonded to the PC, and the whole big deal being made by the game about PC suffering horribly when Kreia's hand was chopped off, his quiet exit was even weirder. Well, that's not to mention that despite the dialogue option: "If Kreia dies, so will I!" "My bond with Kreia is lethal!!!!" the Exile happily walks out leaving her dead body behind. With what Jarno said, it makes more sense, but I still think there gotta have been a quest/story-line to break the bond. Or did I miss it?

The new Order is founded by the Lost Jedi. According to Kreia, Visas is to return to Miralukaa, so in my game it was Disciple and Atton (I did not have any time with Mira by the time she joined my group, but I am going to try to jedify her on the male run). Kreia specifically pounded in the info that no, you can't take Atton and Disciple to the Outer Rims sting (same as MotB, I assume, Obsidian is as Obsidian does). Just like Revan strips herself off Carth. So, it's just us, girls, droids and potentially Bao-Dur, since he is dead anyway, our gentle hearts can take it.

In Revan's case, I am in that confused state. Not only it sucks that your PC is canon, it sucks worse that Revan as NPC in KOTOR 2 is a female (am i right to assume that a male PC doesn't have Bastila swapped for Carth?), and Revan in canon universe is a male. It just doesn't compute.

Anyway, my hubby is working late tonight, so my girl and I are gonna have smoothies and KOTOR 1 run.

I started reading about SWTOR, and I am just uncomfortable about MMOs. I am a really weak player :(

EDIT: yes, I also had troubles with seeing the Republic being the shining light of hope for all. That's where Disciple was supposed to help us, but did not come through. I am actually feeling funny - I was so hot on finishing the game, and starting a new run, and now, it's like.. meh. Weird. It is a very good game. Emotional overload, lol.

One, final: Folks, am I the only one who thinks that the game would have been million times better if it started on the bridge at Malachor V and the PC actually faced the choice to start with and have never "lost" her memory?

No, the restoration project doesn't add any unvoiced lines in to the game. And I had the whole conversation unvoiced. No Sion's 'I hate you because you are beautiful to me', to Kreia's 'He is a fool, and knows he has nothing to offer you', no snarky line about the Mandlorian's ending with the Fett's, not even Kreia's weirdo love confession. No sound at all. :(

But G0t0 says specifically one of the things he wants is one religious group to dominate the galaxy- Sith or Jedi. By leaving Malachor 5 in the state it's in, there would still be two religious groups- the Sith on Malachor 5, and the Atton/Disciple/Handmaiden/Visas/Mira group of Jedi (along with the Exile, which he doesn't know is leaving to Unknown Space at the moment). So no one group would dominate the galaxy at that point, meaning G0t0 wouldn't get what he wants. There would still be the two waring philosophies, when he specifically states he wants one.

As for me, yes, I am pretty fast with video games, heh. In truth, it's because I'm modding for BG- I specifically told myself "Okay, you have to finish this quick so you can get back to that and studying", so I zoomed through the game. I think I still finished all the side quests, save for some on the droid planet.

And speaking of the droid planet, the master you meet there- Vash (who's dead on Korriban otherwise)- tells you straight out that force bonds aren't lethal. So maybe it's supposed to give you the impression that Kreia was just lying about it being lethal to you- it would hurt, but it wouldn't kill you. Of course, then there's the dialog with Disciple where he implies if you found a holocron (there are none in the game) he'd be able to figure out how to break the force bond between you... of course, Handmaiden doesn't have any such dialog, so that can't have been fully it because then male players couldn't break it. I honestly don't know, either. The Exile doesn't seem in pain when Kreia dies, so obviously the force bond broke at some point. If Kreia could break it, though... then I wonder if she could have broken the Exile's bond to the jedi trainee group.

According to the authors of KOTOR, Revan was female for them. So in tribute to that, Revan defaults as female in KOTOR2 through Atton, though you can correct him. But then Lucasarts came, and Lucasarts has to have male protagonists for everything, of course. Exile, at least, is canonly female. Though she also canonly traveled with Handmaiden, however that worked. As for Bastilla, she doesn't appear to the Exile, but if Revan is male, she appears and talks to Carth about Revan after the Exile leaves the room.

...I can't take Carth seriously anymore, because I played too much Mass Effect. I keep hearing Kaiden instead. So whenever Carth was talking, I was like, "No, Kaiden! Chase after her to the unknown regions! You can use reave now! Go, and follow femshep- er, I mean, Revan!"

As for male Revan, he cheats everything, but I won't say anything about that in case you decide to read the Revan novel at sometime. Warning: it's incredibly depressing and will probably just leave you frustrated.

(Thoughts: by SWtOR, Revan has HK with him. HK was standing in the room with remote when remote blew up the shadow generator. How in the world did HK get to the Ebon Hawk and thus to Revan? Did Revan have a backup HK unit around? That would sting.)

SWtOR isn't very hard, as far as MMO's go, I think. Enemies are clearly marked on if they're normal mooks or bosses/elites, and you can stay away from the later save for when duty/class quests demand you fight them. What is hard, generally, are flashpoints (made for groups of four, but you can often do the early ones with two people and two companions- the earliest flashpoint, for instance, is very simple). But you can avoid them, or do what I do: wait till I outlevel them completely, then go back and solo them with my companion once everything gives no XP and is completely easy. (Of course, you miss out on getting good loot that way, but I've had so many bad flashpoint groups I'll take what I can get.)

And I agree, starting at Malachor 5 and giving the order probably would have been better then going through the whole game with the PC knowing full well what she did and just no one ever saying exactly what it was till Malachor 5. Gah.

And I agree, starting at Malachor 5 and giving the order probably would have been better then going through the whole game with the PC knowing full well what she did and just no one ever saying exactly what it was till Malachor 5. Gah.
You do understand that there was 9 years in between the Battle of Malachor 5 (first desolation and the end of the Mandalorian wars) and then the almost complete destruction of it (end of SWKotOR II) ?

This would also contain the Katarr incident and a whole lot of other Jedi deeds that are almost impossible to make in a free form RPG, when it comes to Light and Dark side...

Just flash forward. You could show the Malachor 5 incident, show the Exile returning to the council and being exiled (one problem with this: then they wouldn't be able to pick their lightsaber, unless they had their lightsaber out at Malachor 5, hm), and then show the Exile leaving to the Outer Rim. Then flashforward to T3 (who I have been calling T7 all this time because apparently I do play too much Swtor and was confusing him with the JK's droid) trying to save the Exile on the Ebon Hawk and start the game from Peragus as always.

I have no problems with playing a prologue of the game with Malachor and the Judgment, then a 10-year gap, Chapter 1. Heck, I won't even mind a KOTOR 1.1 through KOTOR 1.9 playing the Exile in the Outer Rim (now, I need to stop myself before I get imagination running away and I start dreaming up of making games.) Though, yeah, who the heck want to play SWs with a non-Jedi character?

Twani, G0t0 doesn't make sense, agreed, he is all about stability, at whatever cost. Unless he does prefer the Sith?

Doesn't a DS player gets Holocron on Korriban in that locked chamber? I know it breaks for a LS character.

EDIT: Twani and I think alike, lol.

As for people who would want to play SW with non-Jedi (or non-force users, at least): all those people playing Troopers, Smugglers, Imperial Agents, and Bounty Hunters in SWTOR. ;) There is a market for it. Of course, getting LucasArt to sponsor it would be the thing... and considering Kreia's words that all the Exile did was travel alone or with droids, it might not be as fun. I think party is what makes things the most interesting in Bioware and Obsidian games.

G0T0 doesn't seem to prefer the sith in any other conversation, though- talking to him, he seems to think of the whole thing as a 'silly human religious war' that doesn't really effect him, but is annoying to the republic. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't prefer the jedi to the sith, especially if you were playing as a jedi and had high influence with him (you can get around 86 or so influence without doing a single dark side act with him, which I think is pretty decent: you just have to take him to Onderon, rewire the droid for a discount there, and calm the riot in the main section without taking sides as well as telling him you think he'll be useful while not being snarky about destroying peragus). Considering his ties to the republic, I'd almost think he'd prefer the Jedi, as the Jedi have a heavily tied organization to the Republic while the Sith would have to go through an integration period with the republic that could destabilize things even more.

So I'm just going to write it off as G0t0 really, really, really hating remote for calling it fat past the point of reason. Droids can be irrational about weight insults, too. Why not. It makes as much sense as anything else.

I think the holocron on Korriban is actually based on Revan being DS, not the Exile. If Revan's DS, you see Bastila being all bahahahaha evil in it. If Revan's LS, you always destroy it when blasting. That's going off memory, but I think I'm right.

As for people who would want to play SW with non-Jedi (or non-force users, at least): all those people playing Troopers, Smugglers, Imperial Agents, and Bounty Hunters in SWTOR. ;) There is a market for it. Of course, getting LucasArt to sponsor it would be the thing... and considering Kreia's words that all the Exile did was travel alone or with droids, it might not be as fun. I think party is what makes things the most interesting in Bioware and Obsidian games.

When did an NPC words mean much? :) I assume KOTOR franchise is dead though. I mean, if they did res anything, it would be the third one (yeah, right). Now, Disney holds the rights though I kindda shudder to think about the potential plots. Jedi deciding that it is pretty unfair not to get married if you, like really-really-really love someone (really-really!). And, the party will break into a song once in a while....

You can also have memories and shadows of former friends and allies as companion for a while as well as the droids. Never knowing if they are real and all that. Kindda crazy world of a hermetic recluse in the crazy lawless world... anyway, whatever.

I assume KOTOR franchise is dead though. I mean, if they did res anything, it would be the third one (yeah, right). Now, Disney holds the rights though I kindda shudder to think about the potential plots. Jedi deciding that it is pretty unfair not to get married if you, like really-really-really love someone (really-really!). And, the party will break into a song once in a while....
Well, you obviously haven't seen all of Disney's products... I have seen better darker ones just of recent; Tron: Uprising... it's a pro-good guys yes, but the main protagonist can be seen as a "terrorist/anarchist", while the "bad guys" are members of an opposite social hierarchy(the city's conquerors ). Yes, the good guys story justifies his actions, but whatever...

What comes to KotOR, yes, it's dead, and had the SWTOR managed better to keep the money flowing(my and many others assumption at least, it's said to have been profitable), the next logical step would be Star Wars: The New Republic. Where the next episodes of 7-9 movies would give a partial reference to all the events. But considering the former products estimated cost of 265 million $ here or there, might kick it out of the budget.

I don't think they can do anything as a KOTOR3, due to what they did with Revan, T3, and the Exile in the Revan novel and then in the Old Republic MMO. It's basically a 'they're screwed, rocks fall' situation... about the only thing that could happen is you as a new character trying to find their fates, and then ending up in the same 'they're screwed, rocks fall' situation, as the Jedi Knight in the Old Republic is the only one who can do anything about it. (Trying to be as non-spoilery as I can, here.) Really, the Jedi Knight is KOTOR 3: they do what Revan and the Exile set out to do.

(Only, it doesn't quite work that way, because Bioware is mean.)

(Then again, the Empire has taken enough hits. Malgus, I miss you. ;_; )

(And, at random, I liked Frozen, including the bursting in to song. Also, whatsherface got completely manipulated and creeped on by the sciopathic guy and the older sis almost killed the younger one! For Disney, it's... kinda dark. But, I admit, I like Disney films. I cry at stupid sentimental things, so they're right up my ally.)

I assume KOTOR franchise is dead though. I mean, if they did res anything, it would be the third one (yeah, right). Now, Disney holds the rights though I kindda shudder to think about the potential plots. Jedi deciding that it is pretty unfair not to get married if you, like really-really-really love someone (really-really!). And, the party will break into a song once in a while....
Well, you obviously haven't seen all of Disney's products... I have seen better darker ones just of recent; Tron: Uprising... it's a pro-good guys yes, but the main protagonist can be seen as a "terrorist/anarchist", while the "bad guys" are members of an opposite social hierarchy(the city's conquerors ). Yes, the good guys story justifies his actions, but whatever...

Disney also owns Marvel. While those movies might be considered juvenile, they're not in the same vein as the classic Disney films. I'm hopeful that Disney acquiring Lucasfilm will rejuvenate Star Wars rather than kill it.

I started reading about SWTOR, and I am just uncomfortable about MMOs. I am a really weak player :(

SWTOR should not be confused with "hardcore" MMOs that are overly punishing. There's no pause like in other BioWare games, but even if you get into a situation you're not prepared for, death is only a temporary setback. The harder content and stuff that requires groups can be avoided. I don't think you (or even your kid) would be put off by the difficulty, but the grind might get to you a bit.

Edit: I just remembered how terrible I was at games in general when I was a kid. Overall I would classify the game as slightly easier than KotOR, if that helps.

Old Repblic has nearly 4,000 years, surely we can fit a game in that space? New era is so Skywalker-centric, you can't really have a compelling protagonist...

Been playing KOTOR1 a little, it is fun to compare the two companies approaches to the essentially the same material. Kiddo still prefers Atton to Carth. The heroic soldier lacks sense of humor. I know that a lot of what I see in the KOTOR2 was unfinished content, but still KOTOR2 has a rougher, raw feel to it. I can see BioWARE crossing their t's and dotting their i's, going only as far as they can in order to keep the player on the rails. In terms of the cast, though, Obsidian was using the one good (boy/girl), one bad (boy/girl), one quirky (boy/girl) heartthrob formula, while BioWARE is using their beloved one boy, one girl, one bisexual ambivalent formula for heartthrobs, filling the rest of the slots with quirky.

Sorry for dragging this thread out, but a belated KotOR2 run is exactly what I'm doing at the moment, and there were a couple of things I was unsure of. So I thought I might as well use an existing thread.

1. I'm playing a FemExile with the restored content and the Handmaiden for Females mod, because, from what I'd read beforehand, she's not only a canonical companion, but also sounded more interesting than Mical. However, getting called 'he' in all of Atris' dialogue was a bit annoying, so I started getting second thoughts about it, even though I actually like Brianna.

Anyway, when I got to Dantooine and met Mical, I noticed that there was an option to ask him to join. I thought he would refuse, but, to my surprise, he accepted and proceeded to override Brianna on the party selection screen. However, she's still on the ship, I can still talk to her, gain influence with her and even turn her into a Jedi. She also appears in cutscenes and chimes in. I don't know whether this is intended behaviour, but I'm pretty happy with it, nonetheless, as I can get both her and Mical's storyline that way. I don't really use her in combat anyway. My question was: has this happened to anybody else? And if yes, can I keep it up without breaking my game later on?

2. I've seen people referring to influence scores in previous posts. Where can you see those? Also, if a character is supposed to gain influence for a certain choice, but nothing happens, that means that they're maxed out, right?

3. I'm playing LS. Is it correct that bottoming out influence will get you NPC backstory as well? Because I've managed to get some influence with HK on Dantooine without taking too big a DS hit, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed now. Same with Canderous, when I eventually get him. G0t0 too, I guess, even though, from what I'm reading, that's not too bad.

2. I've seen people referring to influence scores in previous posts. Where can you see those? Also, if a character is supposed to gain influence for a certain choice, but nothing happens, that means that they're maxed out, right?

The game console or it's proxy, aka you can install a mod that shows the exact amount or use the kse_333.exe(Kotor save editor) and see the amount there. In game, you can kinda see it by looking at the alignment of the companion compared to yours, well on everyone else than TrayaKreia. And yeah, the max is 100... and you should start with 50.

Archived