A really embarrassing noobish sort of question

Ankhesenpaaten

I first want to thank Jastey for all her recent help with my game and my Keldorn Romance debacle.

Dace Linton just broke my game, (if it is indeed her fault instead of mine and I used my SiL's account at SHS to report what happened) so I have to reinstall and do everything all over again. Oh, well. Such is life! Still, it's not all bad. I'll make sure to be very careful, not abuse SK (too much) and also try some mods I've never tried before. Of course Keldorn is coming with me!!!

My questions are these - since I'm trying a scary-looking mod I've never done before, "The Longer Road", and then a few more that say they are BGEE compatible, are they safe for the GOG regular BGII? I do not have BGII EE so I don't know if "EE compatible" means also good with GOG regular BGII, or if it means BGII EE only.

Help? Longer Road says BGII EE and so does the newest Gavin. Before I pad my brand new install with lovely mods I need to know if I can and if I should use the EE compatible ones. Sorry for my confusion.

Oh, and goodness, is the correct install order basically this -

Game (it says it's already patched)

NPC mods (Gavin, Edwin, Keldorn, Neh't, Xan, and a few others)

Quest mods (Longer Road, Unfinished Business, Quest Pack, Sellswords, CoI Series, RE, and such)

Banter packs

Tweaks and cosmetic mods (Rupert the Dye Merchant, Moinesses' Avatars, Containers, G3Tweaks and such)

For the "older" mods, BG(II):EE compatible means they are also BG(II):EE compatible, unless the readme says otherwise. The Gavin v9 beta is a version for all platforms (well, not vanilla BG1, I can't do miracles), but for Tutu, BGT, and BG:EE. A look into the readme should give you certainty.

I am not sure about your install order as I would install NPC mods after the quest mods, but I have no reason for this so better wait for someone else. As for Tweaks, it is good to install last, but I am not sure about e.g. Moinesses' Avatars whether this should be installed earlier, again the readme should give advice here.

As for Keldorn romance - how soon do you want to start your new playthrough? Because I'd love to link you to a newer version, but I'd like to have a look or two more into the package before I link it to anyone for playing.

Fixpack changes bow item icons. No way! I want my evil Majordomo back!

Anyway, seriously: if the mod says BG2EE compatible, it means it's been tested and is working, probably. But the Longer Road is still old, like, OLD. install it before all other NPC mods. Maybe before newer quests, too. And take the latest Crossmod Banter Pack from that v15 thread - there's a post by cmorgan(and it's probably time it was updated to the main site, but I digress).

I first want to thank Jastey for all her recent help with my game and my Keldorn Romance debacle.

Dace Linton just broke my game, (if it is indeed her fault instead of mine and I used my SiL's account at SHS to report what happened) so I have to reinstall and do everything all over again. Oh, well. Such is life! Still, it's not all bad. I'll make sure to be very careful, not abuse SK (too much) and also try some mods I've never tried before. Of course Keldorn is coming with me!!!

My questions are these - since I'm trying a scary-looking mod I've never done before, "The Longer Road", and then a few more that say they are BGEE compatible, are they safe for the GOG regular BGII? I do not have BGII EE so I don't know if "EE compatible" means also good with GOG regular BGII, or if it means BGII EE only.

Help? Longer Road says BGII EE and so does the newest Gavin. Before I pad my brand new install with lovely mods I need to know if I can and if I should use the EE compatible ones. Sorry for my confusion.

Oh, and goodness, is the correct install order basically this -

Game (it says it's already patched)

NPC mods (Gavin, Edwin, Keldorn, Neh't, Xan, and a few others)

Quest mods (Longer Road, Unfinished Business, Quest Pack, Sellswords, CoI Series, RE, and such)

Banter packs

Tweaks and cosmetic mods (Rupert the Dye Merchant, Moinesses' Avatars, Containers, G3Tweaks and such)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37579/longer-road-working-in-bg2ee

also good with regular GOG version 100%

incompatible only with Redemption mod (and maybe with Wings of prophecy - my pure speculation)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list "use this install order"

IMO Longer Road should be installed after Sarevok romance

Thank you, everybody! And thank you, Lynx, for the reminder. I can't believe I forgot the Fixpack. I just forgot to mention it and would have forgotten to use it if you hadn't reminded me.

I could swear that I've read all the Readmes, but maybe I got confused and frustrated trying to make sure I have everything straight. I gathered that perhaps all the BGII EE's were all right for regular, but then a post or two I read seemed ambiguous to me. I think I just try too hard and I end up over-thinking.

Crossmod...how could I NOT use that? I forgot that, too.

Thank you again everyone. Okay, Longer Road goes at the beginning.

Jastey, I'm wanting to start my playthru tonight. I'd dearly LOVE to have Keldorn! I can wait, tho, if that's what you prefer. I'd love the newest version and I also intend to bring along the newest Ajantis. Ajantis is now an Open Beta, I see, but I'll wait for the newest Keldorn before I do my reinstall and playthru.

Edit - I just saw the post by InKal. I do always have Saravok Romance. Thank you for the tip! Thank you for the links, too. I'll read them right now.

I have a version with bug fixes and BGII:EE compatibility, and it installs fine. I need to check whether all items will display etc. Unfortunately, there is not a lot I can alpha test in the game as it really needs to go all teh way with Keldorn, but let me have a last look tomorrow* and then I'll upload it for testing.

*One night's sleep before making a public beta has proven a good idea, from my experience. I am sure I missed something this time, too.

Darn it! I was really hoping to start tonight. Oh well, I'll suck it up and wait. I think. :)

I totally get it that you need to sleep on it. I'm just antsy. I'll try to keep myself from starting my new installation. Or I can start and save Keldorn for very last and hope he doesn't mess up Tweaks.

*Argh!* Ankhesenpaaten...be patient! :D

Without me hijacking your thread, what happened with Dace? She's been installed on my heavily NPC modded game and never caused any issues. What is it I can't do with her to keep her from breaking everything? I mean not that my game couldn't use a thorough cleansing and reinstall, but I'd rather it was of my own volition.

I was in Trademeet and when the quest there was done and the welcoming ceremony concluded, she levelled up. Well, I levelled her up and then left the Mayor's House. When I was outside I realised she was no longer with my party. I mean, her portrait was there but she wasn't physically with my party. I could not re-enter the house (not all my party was present!) and I tried to double click on her portrait to "pan" to her but that didn't work, either. So I was stuck at Trademeet forever not being able to leave the area or go back to the Mayor's House to try and get her. :(

I also reported a bug I had with her and Edwin in his Nether Scroll Quest. She had a comment after he threatened the Lich and then he went hostile (but did not attack) and I could not get him to become "blue" again. I only got around this by killing Dace with Cntrl-Y until the fight with the lich was done.

You know, I'm doing my mod installation as I type this and I'm going to install Dace again and see if it was just all a fluke. I could not double-click on her for anything so I gave up and decided to just scrap my entire game and redo my GOG BG2 install.

It WAS weird! I hope it was just me, tho. I was really liking her!

Archived