Unearthed Arcana presents Might & Guile: tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues

Okay, having issue with Bard kits. None of them are getting their unique spells (Meistersinger not getting any druid spells, for example). I'm on Linux and mods are installed with winescript. Might and Guile is version 5.3.1. Weidu log attched below. Siege of Dragonspeear version 2.6.6.0
Okay, I did a bit more messing around, and its being inconsistent with me. Sometimes the class spells will appear in the magic bar after a few seconds, but often times not. They never show up in spell book (they did last time I played this mod, may have changed I guess?). Sometimes the class spells only show up after casting a memorized spell, sometimes they appear after resting. The Elegist specifically is only getting a single class spell, even after leveling up with the console, resting, and casting something. The meistersinger and jinxer are getting their spells after a rest or casting a memorized spell.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Thacobell
On 7/26/2023 at 5:29 PM, GawainBS said:

If you install "Move Archer kit to Fighter" and then "Add Elven Archer", there's no Elven Archer under the Ranger kits

This is fixed in version 5.3.2. Anyone with mods already installed, you can put the Elven Archer in the elven ranger kit menu by installing this hotfix.

On 7/26/2023 at 5:29 PM, GawainBS said:

when my Bladesinger reaches lvl 9 (as mage), they get an ability to advance weapon proficiency, but they can only select weapons with which the proficiency hasn't been maxed out yet

Will take a look when I can.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:58 PM, Thacobell said:

Okay, I did a bit more messing around, and its being inconsistent with me. Sometimes the class spells will appear in the magic bar after a few seconds, but often times not. They never show up in spell book (they did last time I played this mod, may have changed I guess?). Sometimes the class spells only show up after casting a memorized spell, sometimes they appear after resting. The Elegist specifically is only getting a single class spell, even after leveling up with the console, resting, and casting something. The meistersinger and jinxer are getting their spells after a rest or casting a memorized spell

This sounds weird. Do you have something else installed that messes with characters' Fatigue? Can you open the savegame with this method and export a .CRE file with one of those kits? (With spells prepared, and rested, and after waiting 5-10 seconds for spells to appear)

On 7/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, Mistercurious said:

I'm sorry if my last message on the thread was a bit verbose...

I'd still very much appreciate any comments as to how the bard kits can be fixed to include all the quests.

It is extremely painstaking. When I added that, I was told by other players and/or found in guides which interactions in IWD have special responses for bards. Then I had to apply somewhat delicate patches to the .DLG files for those interactions. it cannot be done programmatically, each adjustment must be carefully curated. The code looks like this. It is certainly possible I missed some; I'm not sure how to be completely thorough in this way, I cannot read every branch of every dialogue file in the game.

Unfortunately it's even worse with IWD2, I never even played the original game, much less have knowledge of its little idiosyncrasies - and I understand there are even more of them. So playing tipun's IWD2 mod, MnG bards don't get any class-specific dialogues... :(

So, funny thing. Yesterday, nearinfinity stopped being able to open save files for some reason. I have no idea what would have changed, but I'm in SoD now, and when I install BG2 here soon, I'll double check to see if its just an issue with my current install for some reason.
As for the kit spells, I have them all working now except elegist. The other kits seem to be working as intended.

38 minutes ago, Thacobell said:

Yesterday, nearinfinity stopped being able to open save files for some reason

Oh, I’ve had that happen. Depending on the state of things on your computer, you might be able to open it with another instance of NI. Like, I have a heavily modded EET folder, and a pristine unmodded BG2EE folder. Both BG2EE, so they both look at the sane saves folder. Sometimes I can open a savegame from an instance of NI in the unmodded folder. (A bunch of resources will be missing but that’s okay for inspecting a savegame.)

I am doing a few tests to find a suitale load order for the various kits component I will use in a future big EET installation and I got an error with the ninja (F/T) kit:

//Using Language [English]
//Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
//Installing [Add the Ninja (fighter/thief kit)] [5.3.2]
//Copying and patching 1 file ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files column-wise ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Added D5NINJA_F kit.
//Copying 1 file ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//ERROR: error loading [might_and_guile/thief/ninja/d5ninpts.2da]
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [Add the Ninja (fighter/thief kit)], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall  47 files for [might_and_guile\might_and_guile.tp2] component 97.
//Uninstalled     47 files for [might_and_guile\might_and_guile.tp2] component 97.
//ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "might_and_guile/thief/ninja/d5ninpts.2da")
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-might_and_guile.debug and look for support at: SubtleD
//Automatically Skipping [Add the Ninja (fighter/thief kit)] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 356675 string entries
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Add the Ninja (fighter/thief kit)
//WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.
//
//WARNING: might_and_guile:97 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2

WeiDU.log Setup-might_and_guile.debug

I come bearing a potential bug report! It looks like the Ranger/Thief is missing. Confirmed with another person that they do not see it either. I've also pulled up nearinfinity and its not showing up in the class list either. I'm on version 5.3.4.

I think the Bard revision seems to be turning scrolls into keys. I've seen it with the scroll for Vampiric Touch, bounty letters, Gorion's Scroll from his corpse, and the messenger's and Sister Sapientia's letters from Romantic Encounter. Judging from the backup files, all of them became into keys after the Bard revision was installed. Maybe an issue similar to what happened with Detect Invisibility being turned into a necklace by Tome and Blood?

I'm also seeing it with the Cursed scrolls, but I can't find if M&G or another mod is doing it.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I understand the move to make the enhanced innate Touch spells a necromancy exclusive. But could be possible to leave the unenhanced, learnable versions of the spells available to all mage specializations?

Edited by Connelly

Weird. It is mostly working as intended, the only odd thing is that .STO files are not being patched as they should be.

Try installing this hotfix.

EDIT - the frustrating thing is, that hotfix seems to work fine, but when I copy it directly into the mod, it doesn't get applied. I don't know wtf is wrong.

Edited by subtledoctor
On 9/30/2023 at 4:57 PM, Thacobell said:

I come bearing a potential bug report! It looks like the Ranger/Thief is missing. Confirmed with another person that they do not see it either. I've also pulled up nearinfinity and its not showing up in the class list either. I'm on version 5.3.4.

It is deprecated. You can edit the .tp2 file and remove the 'comment' marks around line 240-250 to enable those kits.

I suppose I could put the ranger/thief back in...? Mmmmmmaaayybe? Now that I have my awesome semi_innate function working well, they could get druid spells that way. That's what the Whistler thief kit does. But still, those old "multiclass ranger" kits are bad - the "ranger/mage" is especially hot garbage.

Fair warning, I am trying to slim things down, the version of this mod currently on my computer has even more components missing. The Feats are gone, most notably, but a couple of the tweak components as well.