Unearthed Arcana presents Might & Guile: tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues

17 minutes ago, GawainBS said:

How would the Bard kits & multiclass kits from this mod interact with the new Bard kits from M&G and the stat bonus overhaul from S&B?  Where would they belong in an install order?

Install Bardic Wonders first, that way the bard items it adds will be made to work with MnG bards as well. 

Thanks!

I just tried making a M&G Skald.

At 1st lvl, she got to choose two extra Bard Songs or Feats. Is that intended? If so, cool.

She didn't get the Skald spells (Flame Blade, Draw Upon Holy Might, Defensive Harmony, Righteous Magic, Magic Resistance, and Blade Barrier), but she got the regular Bard spells added to her spellbook.

Attached my Weidu log.

WeiDU.log

3 hours ago, GawainBS said:

She didn't get the Skald spells (Flame Blade, Draw Upon Holy Might, Defensive Harmony, Righteous Magic, Magic Resistance, and Blade Barrier), but she got the regular Bard spells added to her spellbook.

They should not be added to your spellbook - so far you are describing intended behavior. Assuming you are using 5E-style casting for the bards, then after you prepare spells and rest, the Skald-only spells should be available to cast, as if you had prepared them, even though you didn’t. In essence, they are always automatically prepared.

Thanks!

I'm not using 5E casting, or at least, I didn't install it. The Bards come with an inherent 5E casting, right? I'm playing BG EE, so resting isn't an option in Candlekeep intro. I do seem to recall Remove Fear was available to cast, though.

Not that I complain, but are Skalds intended to be able to wear splintmail? Is it a relic from being a Fighter/Mage?

Edited by GawainBS
18 hours ago, GawainBS said:

not using 5E casting, or at least, I didn't install it

The ‘Revised Bards’ component sets bards to use 5E-style casting by default; it is meant to represent their more fluid connection to magic, versus wizards which involves greater mastery but also more rigidity. 

Anyway it is installed that way by default, but there is a setting to turn that part off, so I was just asking if you were using any unusual install settings. It sounds like you used the default settings, in which case my comment above should be valid. 

On 6/15/2023 at 12:03 AM, GawainBS said:

Yup, played a bit more last night and everything seems to be working as intended.

A general question: if a multiclass character has a kit and abilities increase based on level, which level is it? The highest one? Sum of both?

There is a technical answer to this question that can easily get bogged down in the weeds. The answer is whichever class the modder designated as the class for that kit. For my mods, generally, the answer is the class that makes most sense. Since bards are multiclass wizards, abilities arrive with wizard levels. The Ninja is a thief kit with a F/T variant; for the F/T, therefore, abilities arrive with thief levels. Et cetera. 

Edited by subtledoctor

When I install Bardic Wonders before M&G, that mod's Bard kits are unavailable. (Which is logical, if I can follow correctly.) Is there a slight chance somewhere in the future that Bards can choose to be either regular kitted Bards or multiclass Bards? Best of both worlds? :)

I have tried out the Agent kit in IWDEE and I have noted a few quirks:

- The Kit description states the character gets 5 Lore points every level - I got 3 (on thief levels). I'd love to get 5 as stated in the mod description.

- I installed the "remove racial restrictions" option from Tweaks Anthology (after M&G). I still only get the option to choose the Agent for my F/M/T if I select Elf or Half-Elf as races.

I'd like to make a Gnome Agent, so is there any way to forgo the race restrictions, i.e. make the mod compatible with the removal option from TWA?

- The Bard option to sing a song to one of the commoners in Easthaven and get a gem as a reward did not come up in my playthrough.

(The extra options for the Elisia quest worked fine and I haven't checked the extra quest with Flozum, so I don't know if that one works...)

Overall, I think the mod is a truly awesome enhancement to the game and I cannot praise it enough - the feat system and what you have done to the bard class is really cool!

Since the issues mentioned above seem to be only minor issues, maybe they could be addressed in the next version upgrade?

Another feature that I would love to see would be the option to make feats available to a broader range of kits (and also multiclasses).

It could be purely optional for players who want such an enhanced option...

My intended party layout looks like this:

Half-Orc F/M/T

Dwarf F/D

Half-Elf F/C

Gnome Agent

Elf Elven Archer

Halfling Bow Knight

Out of these it seems only the Agent and the Elven Archer would get feats (and maybe the FMT?), as I said I would love to get them for all my six guys.

I'd be willing to edit the availability table myself if the feature is not in intended in the original mod (just don't know how)

Thank you for any comments...

I installed the Unearthed Arcana mods in IWD:EE and when I tried to create a Bladesinger (Bard), the game freezes when confirming my memorised spells.

Which file should I upload?

Is my current installation salvagable or should I start from scratch?

Edited by GawainBS

Did a re-install, problem no longer occurs.

However, I think I found a bug: when my Bladesinger reaches lvl 9 (as mage), they get an ability to advance weapon proficiency, but they can only select weapons with which the proficiency hasn't been maxed out yet. They're supposed to get an ability which designated a weapon as weapon of choice, granting an extra 0.5 attack per round.

If you install "Move Archer kit to Fighter" and then "Add Elven Archer", there's no Elven Archer under the Ranger kits.

I've also installed the regional Rangers, together with the un-nerfed spell tables for Rangers from Tweaks and at lvl 9, there's still only 1 divine spell slot. (Which appeared at lvl 6.)

Edited by GawainBS