EET v13.4 released

By the way, I somehow forgot to report this bug earlier.

In SoD there is a quest where you save a bunch of people from being turned to stone.

After the quest they are all sitting there with a dialog for me to recruit them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep69wm4a93fqi1f/000000054-weird%20join%20dialogue%20SoD%201.7z?dl=0

can't reproduce this one when starting new game or loading my saves (even those made during BG2). Your save is made too late because CRE files already have multig dialogue files attached for some weird reason. It would be useful if the save was created before you entered the area or at least before casting the spell.

Please try doing this:

1. Load a save game called "000000016-Chapter 8 Start"

2. In console type:

C:CreateItem("SCRLPET",6,1,1)

3. Now cast the scroll on statues - if they will have wrong dialogue files attached again than please upload both "000000015-Chapter 7 Dungeon" and "000000016-Chapter 8 Start" saves here. If it won't happen to me than the reason must lay somewhere in your game and we will need to investigate it further.

Edited by K4thos

Ok, I went to the statues, used the scroll, they had a normal dialog, then some of them moved to 3000,2100, which is their camp on that map. And there if I engaged dialog again, they would have a join dialog.

Here are 3 saves : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghlktfl0h11egev/weird%20join%20saves.7z?dl=0

In addition to the 2 you asked for, there's one just before leaving with the crusade just in case.

I'm going to try it myself on RC5 since this was all RC4+fixes.

Edit : Same happens on RC5.

Edited by GrimLefourbe

Ok, I went to the statues, used the scroll, they had a normal dialog, then some of them moved to 3000,2100, which is their camp on that map. And there if I engaged dialog again, they would have a join dialog.

Here are 3 saves : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghlktfl0h11egev/weird%20join%20saves.7z?dl=0

In addition to the 2 you asked for, there's one just before leaving with the crusade just in case.

I'm going to try it myself on RC5 since this was all RC4+fixes.

Edit : Same happens on RC5.

ok, found the problem, thanks. For some reason they had DPLAYER3.BCS attached to them which shouldn't be the case for anyone other than multiplayer party characters. The reason why this bug doesn't show up in vanilla SoD even though the same mistake is present there too is due to missing

IF
  !InParty(Myself)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    Dialogue(Player1)
    ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
    SetDialog("multig")
END

In SoD version of DPLAYER3.BCS. Considering this is harmless in vanilla SoD it probably doesn't make much sense reporting it on Redmine but it will be changed in EET by removing this script from them.

Edited by K4thos

As an exercise more than requirement, I am trying to merge the UI.menu files from EET BG2-UI and EET SOD-UI into one file with an option in settings to hot-switch the UIs in-game, rather than having it as an install option... If it works then it might be possible to play each part of the game in the original UI and/or override to play in just one UI...

As I say, it's an exercise rather than requirement but interesting if it works.

As an exercise more than requirement, I am trying to merge the UI.menu files from EET BG2-UI and EET SOD-UI into one file with an option in settings to hot-switch the UIs in-game, rather than having it as an install option... If it works then it might be possible to play each part of the game in the original UI and/or override to play in just one UI...

As I say, it's an exercise rather than requirement but interesting if it works.

That would be mazing if it's possible. Looking forward to see results. Thanks for the effort.

• The positions on the map do not make sense with the time taken to travel.

https://i.imgur.com/jerVbxw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hHHcIXA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SusUtse.jpg

Could be more adapted for a tweaks component.

Please upload a save from late ToB that still has access to map and saves.tra + saves.txt located in save directory if they are still valid so I can restore your map icon descriptions in my game via save update feature from setup-EET_end.

Edited by K4thos

UI change > Good News: It is possible to combine the UI.menu files to have multiple UIs in one UI.menu and then swap them based on user selection and/or overriden by the current campaigm. Bad News: It's quite tedious to make the necessary changes throughout the UI.menu files (you have to combine them, and then make ~ 3000+ edits to the code). So the question would be - how valuable is this? A simpler solution might be the current one but 'provide' the alternate UI.menu file in a different folder so that the user can drop in to their override as and when they want to make a UI change. It's not automated, no, but it does provide that choice. (Another alternative would be a standalone WEIDU component that swaps the UI.menu as needed).

Not sure if this is EET or vanilla bug

In BG4600 in the Laurel quest to kill gibberlings, the Global("Gibberdead","BG4600") is not set regardless how many gibber.cre you kill. So the mimiquest never gets finished. Also, far too few gibber spawn to reach a value of 11 in the first place.

Not sure how this was intended to work but I think that gibber.bcs need somethink like

IF

Die()

AreaCheck("BG4600")

THEN
RESPONSE #100

IncrementGlobal("Gibberdead","BG4600",1)

END

Edit - tested my proposed code and all works as intended.

Edited by Roxanne

Issue with worldmap

When I left worldmap from BG4600 during chapter4, I realised that Athkatla City Gates area was displayed as reachable. Tested it and I could access other town areas from there.

I inspected my other saves and found it was available in all chapter4 saves. Sadly I have no earlier saves, so I cannot say at which point in the game it became accessible...I am definitly sure that it was NOT available from the beginning as I did multiple checks with and without BP-BGT WM installed.

Issue with worldmap

When I left worldmap from BG4600 during chapter4, I realised that Athkatla City Gates area was displayed as reachable. Tested it and I could access other town areas from there.

I inspected my other saves and found it was available in all chapter4 saves. Sadly I have no earlier saves, so I cannot say at which point in the game it became accessible...I am definitly sure that it was NOT available from the beginning as I did multiple checks with and without BP-BGT WM installed.

I did some further tests with a new game (City Gates is NOT accessible) - incremented chapter global by and by , visited a number of areas, including mod areas that add to worldmap etc. I could not recreate the situation.

So no idea what to do about this report.

Not sure if this is EET or vanilla bug

In BG4600 in the Laurel quest to kill gibberlings, the Global("Gibberdead","BG4600") is not set regardless how many gibber.cre you kill. So the mimiquest never gets finished. Also, far too few gibber spawn to reach a value of 11 in the first place.

Not sure how this was intended to work but I think that gibber.bcs need somethink like

IF

Die()

AreaCheck("BG4600")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

IncrementGlobal("Gibberdead","BG4600",1)

END

Edit - tested my proposed code and all works as intended.

may be related to DSotSC (well, it almost 100% is). I will check it out, thanks.

Issue with worldmap

can't reproduce this one. There is a direct link between Nashkel Mines and Athatla City Gates but it's disabled via this code in Candlekeep BG2600.BCS:

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

Later changed in Irenicus Dungeon via:

AddWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

Anyone else with this problem? It would show up as soon as you reach Nashkel Mines.

edit: you could hoverer brake the implementation if you clua consoled yourself to AR0020 before finishing BG1 since that would make the area accesaible from linked ones earlier (above code just temporary disables Reveal from linked area flag from City Gates)

Edited by K4thos

UI change > Good News: It is possible to combine the UI.menu files to have multiple UIs in one UI.menu and then swap them based on user selection and/or overriden by the current campaigm. Bad News: It's quite tedious to make the necessary changes throughout the UI.menu files (you have to combine them, and then make ~ 3000+ edits to the code). So the question would be - how valuable is this? A simpler solution might be the current one but 'provide' the alternate UI.menu file in a different folder so that the user can drop in to their override as and when they want to make a UI change. It's not automated, no, but it does provide that choice. (Another alternative would be a standalone WEIDU component that swaps the UI.menu as needed).

It already works sort of like that. You can go to EET/SoD_GUI directory (after the main EET component is installed since it first need to handle PVRZ installation and get resources from SoD - notice that all SoD GUI PVRZ are already biffed after installation) and simply copy what's there to Override directory (only UI.MENU will be overwritten since other files are biffed). The reason why it's a separate component is to make a backup of UI.MENU file that is already present within Override (and to let people who don't read readme files know that such feature exists).

As mentioned in this topic I've been thinking about preparing launcher executable that would be able to switch GUI, update saves from previous installation, notify if last component has not been installed yet, open BALDUR.LUA config file, readme view and even automatically download and install patches to make EET post 1.0 always up to date and of course start the game. But no one understood what I had in mind and I'm still unable to explain it :p (edit: I've just re-read the topic - people understood but mostly didn't like the idea, so it was scrapped).

If in game solution would need so many changes than indeed it may be a bit excessive approach considering we need to update UI.MENU after each official patch is released and it would be probably very complicate to implement such system in the first place. On top of that when I now think about it there would be 1 problem that couldn't be resolved - BOX1-8 PVRZ usage by the engine seems to be hardcoded, so you wouldn't be able to change how dialogue boarder looks via in-game GUI switch.

Edited by K4thos
scratched => scrapped. Doh, my English sux :P

As mentioned in this topic I've been thinking about preparing launcher executable that would be able to switch GUI, update saves from previous installation, notify if last component has not been installed yet, open BALDUR.LUA config file, readme view and even automatically download and install patches to make EET post 1.0 always up to date and of course start the game. But no one understood what I had in mind and I'm still unable to explain it :p (edit: I've just re-read the topic - people understood but mostly didn't like the idea, so it was scrapped).

So a pre-launcher for the games? I think that's a good idea - especially the readme and auto-download of patches, plus shifting the UI, selecting campaign etc ... It lets people manage their EET installation post install because let's face it, the install process is huge and time consuming - anything to make that easier for people is good.

RE:BOX1-8.PVRZ usage in UI.menu is via 'rectangle x' label subcommand, eg rectangle 4 represents the hardcoded dialogue border. As far as I can see only rectangles (boxes) 1, 3 and 4 are actually used in game with 2 and 8 as tooltips I think... By including both PVRZ files in the installation (eg calling them as unused BOX numbers - 0 and 9 - and changing the UI.menu accordingly might be a solution).

Edited by mr2150
RE:BOX1-8.PVRZ usage in UI.menu is via 'rectangle x' label subcommand, eg rectangle 4 represents the hardcoded dialogue border. As far as I can see only rectangles (boxes) 1, 3 and 4 are actually used in game with 2 and 8 as tooltips I think... By including both PVRZ files in the installation (eg calling them as unused BOX numbers - 0 and 9 - and changing the UI.menu accordingly might be a solution).

The only different BOX pvrz between both games is BOX7, so if there is an option to redirect it to some unused slot (or for example BOX10) than it's up to you if you think it's worth the effort. Depending on what are these changes maybe I could write a weidu code that automatically handles UI.MENU conversion to that style - examples?

So a pre-launcher for the games? I think that's a good idea - especially the readme and auto-download of patches, plus shifting the UI, selecting campaign etc ... It lets people manage their EET installation post install because let's face it, the install process is huge and time consuming - anything to make that easier for people is good.

I think Select Campaign should be kept inside in-game main menu as it is now since that's a neat feature and other mods can add new Campaigns easily this way (for example IWD-in-EET mod will add 3 campaigns to the menu). As for the launcher both Sam. and ALIEN proposed help with writing one from scratch, but only for Windows. Considering the mod also works with MACs it doesn't sound like a good idea.

Edited by K4thos