EET v13.4 released

Hello guys..ive got a big issue since the RC5 (worked like a charm before, ive tried every RC) : the map is badly generated. Only 4 areas (Dragonspear castle, Tower of TOB and so ) appear..And at the wrong location (near the sea or in the sea). No way to go elsewhere sadly. in addition to that..can somebody help me ? tried to reinstall the whole thing , same issue. The issue appear at the beginning of BG1, so i cant even go to Belegost or anywhere. Thanks !

NB : i didnt check the logs),but there was no critical error during the install...nothing harmfull for launching the game or finishing the install at least.

Edited by Mesmerion

Hello guys..ive got a big issue since the RC5 (worked like a charm before, ive tried every RC) : the map is badly generated. Only 4 areas (Dragonspear castle, Tower of TOB and so ) appear..And at the wrong location (near the sea or in the sea). No way to go elsewhere sadly. in addition to that..can somebody help me ? tried to reinstall the whole thing , same issue. The issue appear at the beginning of BG1, so i cant even go to Belegost or anywhere. Thanks !

NB : i didnt check the logs),but there was no critical error during the install...nothing harmfull for launching the game or finishing the install at least.

dunno, if there were no warnings during installation than nothing comes to my mind, sorry. Do you use BP-BGT Worldmap or stock worldmap that comes with EET?

Edited by K4thos

stock worldmap. I tried with bp bgt WMP patched, locations appear this time but at the wrong place again...in the sea (and far) . That's very odd...i'm a bit sad since i bought especially the games for the mod and it worked perfectly before xD

please uninstall BP-BGT Worldmap and upload worldmap.wmp here (you can find it in override directory and attach it to the post after packing it).

Adding this ALWAYS block should fix the USER_DIRECTORY issue in a more universal way:

this won't be universal for EET.tp2 since at that point both weidu 239.01 and 239.02 still recognize the game as BG2:EE. Only after EET.flag is in override weidu will report the game as EET (and only after running the installer again).

I was only referring to the "double quote" bug from WeiDU v239.02 which also affects every other BG(2)EE mod that makes use of this variable. In EET it must probably be added to both EET.tp2 and lib/EET_end.tp2 to work correctly.

Edit: Btw, I've noticed that the option "Show Black Space" is automatically disabled by EET. Is this a technical necessity?

Edited by argent77

Back to topic *strongholds and Baldur.bcs triggers*.

Having looked into them once more, there is a potential way for each of them to delay the stronghold quests and actions until ToB. As long as you start the related main quest during SoA you can go back at a later stage to finish it, become owner of the stronghold and do the corresponding quests in ToB (if that makes sense or not is something else, but EET would allow it).

In this case you would need those baldur.bcs triggers in baldur25.bcs as well.

Adding this ALWAYS block should fix the USER_DIRECTORY issue in a more universal way:

this won't be universal for EET.tp2 since at that point both weidu 239.01 and 239.02 still recognize the game as BG2:EE. Only after EET.flag is in override weidu will report the game as EET (and only after running the installer again).

I was only referring to the "double quote" bug from WeiDU v239.02 which also affects every other BG(2)EE mod that makes use of this variable. In EET it must probably be added to both EET.tp2 and lib/EET_end.tp2 to work correctly.

Edit: Btw, I've noticed that the option "Show Black Space" is automatically disabled by EET. Is this a technical necessity?

Thanks for posting the code. It's indeed usefull.

As for the "Show Black Space" I've enabled it by default because I think many people are not aware yet that the sane implementation have been added back in the latest patch. Running patch 2.x with it disabled (which is default behaviour) makes the game look like a joke, imo - I was sure that it's a bug rather than feature when I've seen it for the first time. Although of course it's not needed. And it should be removed either way since that seems like forcing my preferences on others which shouldn't be the case :blush:

Back to topic *strongholds and Baldur.bcs triggers*.

Having looked into them once more, there is a potential way for each of them to delay the stronghold quests and actions until ToB. As long as you start the related main quest during SoA you can go back at a later stage to finish it, become owner of the stronghold and do the corresponding quests in ToB (if that makes sense or not is something else, but EET would allow it).

In this case you would need those baldur.bcs triggers in baldur25.bcs as well.

thanks for checking it out!

Edited by K4thos

here it is Kaythos

huh, no idea why the hell everything is moved so far south. There is a code that automatically moves areas exported from vanilla WMP files but it doesn't leave WMP file in override after uninstallation, so not sure what could have caused the problem in your installation.

Installing BG:EE + BG2:EE from scratch and re-downloading EET would fix the problem for sure since no one has reported such problem before, but I'd like to know why the map bugged for you. Just in case if you're going to make new installation please create a new file with BAT extension (or use command line). And paste such code in it:

setup-EET.exe --force-install 0 --skip-at-view --language 0 --args-list 2dp "D:/Games/00806"

of course use the correct directory to your BG:EE game. What is important here is the "d" parameter - with this all installation files (few GB of useless data) will be kept in EET/temp directory once the installation is finished if you start installation with this command. If the same problem will happen than we will be able to analyse it further with those files - please upload all map_ files that you will find there.

Edited by K4thos

Why would we not be able to get the strongholds while in ToB? You could make Nalia wait for an indefinite time in SoA anyway so what wouldn't make sense in going back during ToB to help her with her stronghold? Both SoA and ToB are supposed to be "fighting against the time" but we all know it actually isn't since there are a very low amount of time limits in the game.

I don't even know what stops Nalia from staying in the Copper Coronet the whole time. The spirit fate should only offer you the people you've already met or had in your party anyway so I'm not sure I understand the need to make things different, ToB should be seen as just a few additional chapters that can happen in a similar setting to the previous ones. There would be a few issues with some dialogs probably but nothing that can't be dealt with (Firkraag has dialog options to talk about Irenicus, upon recruiting npcs you can tell them that you're hunting Irenicus).

Outside of the useless ones that have no chance to be triggered during ToB, what would make a trigger not worthy of being transferred?

About the black space thing, i've also noticed that my hotkeys settings were reset a few times during the playthrough, I didn't look much into it so I guess it is due to EET_end, can't preferences be transferred from the previous .lua in either the EET documents folder or the BG2EE documents folder?

Why would we not be able to get the strongholds while in ToB? You could make Nalia wait for an indefinite time in SoA anyway so what wouldn't make sense in going back during ToB to help her with her stronghold? Both SoA and ToB are supposed to be "fighting against the time" but we all know it actually isn't since there are a very low amount of time limits in the game.

well, from story perspective it's a "little" heated situation for Children of Bhaal once the ToB storyline starts (I'm actually hoping that someone will be interested in creating such content for parties that visits old areas. Clean EET makes convenient assumption that common folks don't know about your heritage, but considering how famous your party is that's not very believable). Although if some messenger showed up to inform that Nalia's home is in danger than I think it's only natural that good align CHARNAME would consider helping her out with it.

About the black space thing, i've also noticed that my hotkeys settings were reset a few times during the playthrough, I didn't look much into it so I guess it is due to EET_end, can't preferences be transferred from the previous .lua in either the EET documents folder or the BG2EE documents folder?

They are transferred. Here is the whole patching code:

ACTION_IF (NOT FILE_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%/Baldur.lua~) AND (FILE_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/Baldur.lua~) BEGIN
    COPY + ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/Baldur.lua~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%~
END

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%/Baldur.lua~) BEGIN
<<<<<<<< .../Baldur.lua
SetPrivateProfileString('%row%','%option%','%option_1%')
>>>>>>>>
    COPY + ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%/Baldur.lua~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%~
        REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^.+'Last Save .+[%newline%]*~ ~~
        DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY table_EET_ini BEGIN
            "Text" , "%LANGUAGE_BG2%" => "Language"
            "EET Installation State" , 1 => "Program Options"
            "Active Campaign" , 1 => "Program Options"
            //"Never Show Nuisance SOD" , 0 => "Program Options"
            "Debug Mode" , 1 => "Program Options"
            "Logging On" , 1 => "Program Options"
            "UI Edit Mode" , 1 => "Program Options"
            "Cheats" , 1 => "Game Options"
            "Show Black Space" , 0 => "Graphics"
            "BG4LOGO" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "BILOGO" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "BLACKPI_" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "BWDRAGON" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "CREDITS" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "INFELOGO" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "INTRO_" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "INTRO15F" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "INTRO" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "TSRLOGO" , 1 => "MOVIES"
            "WOTC" , 1 => "MOVIES"
        END
        PHP_EACH table_EET_ini AS option => row BEGIN
            COUNT_REGEXP_INSTANCES ~'%option%'~ num_matches
            PATCH_IF (num_matches = 0) BEGIN
                APPEND_FILE ~.../Baldur.lua~ EVALUATE_BUFFER
            END ELSE BEGIN
                REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^.+'%option%'.+$~ ~SetPrivateProfileString('%row%','%option%','%option_1%')~
            END
        END
    BUT_ONLY
END ELSE BEGIN
<<<<<<<< .../Baldur.lua
SetPrivateProfileString('Language','Text','%LANGUAGE_BG2%')
SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','EET Installation State','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Active Campaign','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Logging On','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','UI Edit Mode','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Cheats','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('Graphics','Show Black Space','0')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','BG4LOGO','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','BILOGO','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','BLACKPI_','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','BWDRAGON','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','CREDITS','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','INFELOGO','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','INTRO_','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','INTRO15F','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','INTRO','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','TSRLOGO','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('MOVIES','WOTC','1')
>>>>>>>>
    COPY + ~.../Baldur.lua~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%/Baldur.lua~ EVALUATE_BUFFER
END

which means file won't be deleted even if you reinstall the mod. And for the first time all settings are taken either from BG2:EE file if it exists. If no - new one is created. Once baldur.lua is within 'Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy' directory it is not replaced by anything - we are patching it instead, even if you do new installation.

And setup-EET_end does this:

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/Baldur.lua~) BEGIN
    COPY ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/Baldur.lua~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY%~
        REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^.+'EET Installation State'.+$~ ~SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','EET Installation State','2')~
    BUT_ONLY
END

So again it can't revert back your changes. Maybe you are editing the file in 'Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition' rather than 'Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy' ?

Edited by K4thos

oh, silly me there is indeed a problem there in setup-EET_end.tp2 :p This:

COPY ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/Baldur.lua~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY%~

should be changed to this:

COPY + ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/Baldur.lua~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY%~

Thanks for reporting it.

By the way, I somehow forgot to report this bug earlier.

In SoD there is a quest where you save a bunch of people from being turned to stone.

After the quest they are all sitting there with a dialog for me to recruit them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep69wm4a93fqi1f/000000054-weird%20join%20dialogue%20SoD%201.7z?dl=0

thanks, I will take a look.

Edited by K4thos

Weird then, I'm pretty sure my settings as well as the UI edit mode were deleted a few times though the console never was... I'll try to pay more attention next playthrough.

About the party being famous, yes it's true but the original game never made the difference. You can be on a 20 reputation or on 0, Nalia will not know who you are, the temple will ask for your help etc, I don't know why it would suddenly change. The game is "in a rush" all along, you're literally dying by the minute in chapter 6 of BG2 and yet there is no time limit, it's part of the charm of the game for me and I think many others. It's not streamlined, you can go and explore any time.