EET v13.4 released

Not sure where this bug comes from, vanilla or EET

Reference Keldda.dlg (The priest at Morninglord Temple near Beregost, central figure for many quests)

This trigger

Dead("CORWYVRN")
!PartyHasItem("MISC52")
!Global("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1) blocks everything when you have killed some specific wyvern (connected with Coran) and you do not have his head with you - it happens even when you do not have Coran in party (or ever had him at all).

So, once you have been through Cloakwood and killed Bassilius, Keddar is bugged.

(Solved locally by setting SetGlobal("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1)

Further investigation

BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ 0 5 // Coran and the Wyverns: v14.0_beta_151127 (the very first mod ever to touch the file) already inherits the bug, so it seems to be vanilla.

The whole idea behind this is erroneous - Kelddar should give you a reward if you killed the beast and brought his head - there is no issue for him to complain (and block all further options) if you do not claim the reward? i.e.

Dead("CORWYVRN")
PartyHasItem("MISC52")
!Global("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1) >>>> then give a reward and SetGlobal("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1)

In BG4501 (wyvern cave in cloakwood) now both creatures exist, the unique one for UB repair and the vanilla one checked by this dialogue. The bug exists despite UB attempt to fix it.

Edited by Roxanne

Not sure where this bug comes from, vanilla or EET

Reference Keldda.dlg (The priest at Morninglord Temple near Beregost, central figure for many quests)

This trigger

Dead("CORWYVRN")

!PartyHasItem("MISC52")

!Global("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1) blocks everything when you have killed some specific wyvern (connected with Coran) and you do not have his head with you - it happens even when you do not have Coran in party (or ever had him at all).

So, once you have been through Cloakwood and killed Bassilius, Keddar is bugged.

(Solved locally by setting SetGlobal("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1)

Further investigation

BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ 0 5 // Coran and the Wyverns: v14.0_beta_151127 (the very first mod ever to touch the file) already inherits the bug, so it seems to be vanilla.

The whole idea behind this is erroneous - Kelddar should give you a reward if you killed the beast and brought his head - there is no issue for him to complain (and block all further options) if you do not claim the reward? i.e.

Dead("CORWYVRN")

PartyHasItem("MISC52")

!Global("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1) >>>> then give a reward and SetGlobal("wyvernp","GLOBAL",1)

In BG4501 (wyvern cave in cloakwood) now both creatures exist, the unique one for UB repair and the vanilla one checked by this dialogue. The bug exists despite UB attempt to fix it.

Actually - this is not even a bug in vanilla game, since it has no negative effect there. It only becomes an issue when mods (Sirene, Gavin, BG1NPCs, Sandrah etc) add to the dialogue and this is no longer the last trigger in the file. In vanilla it is just badly written, as nobody without knowledge about the game and Coran's quest will be able to interpret the line Kelddar has.

Should I add fix for it in EET fixpack than? Or would such fix conflict with Sirene, Gavin, BG1NPCs, Sandrah? If it's the former than how exactly should I modify the dialogue (which state and response and what has to be changed). Thanks in advance.

Each fix has the potential to cause undesired side effects. I agree that this issue should be dealt with, but preferably in a more universal way. Affected mods still have to work around this issue in vanilla BG1EE.

Modders can fix it (if they recognise the issue) by using weight in appending to the file - in my current installation Gavin and Sirene were effected, Gavin's quests from the temple would not be accessible (unless you return to the Cloakwood for the trophy or Clua ahead.).

Agree with Argent. If they fix it later at Beamdog then your custom fix might Bork things up.

Suggest reporting it as a bug on bd forums ...

Sorry, I used the wrong words - the bug is not a bug and the fix is not a fix.

The situation is that the vanilla dialog in itself is okay as Kelddar at the temple has nothing more to deliver once you have been through cloakwood and fought Bassilius. Only modders have frequently used him because of the central position of his temple on the Sword Coast. All you need to know is that you must assure that your appends to his dialogue need to go to the part before the block I mentioned (which you do by using weight - and when using it you must be careful to code your conditions without blocking later stuff...but that should be obvious).

Mods that have been coded and testet for BG1 or BGT (e.g. Gavin) are now blocked away unless you carry wyvern heads with you across the Sword coast.

The rest is inherited from original BG1 even prior BGEE, this dialogue was always pretty basic and poor.

Edited by Roxanne

I've taken a closer look at the keldda.dlg and don't see a major issue with it. The additional dialog state in the BG1EE version should be considered by the mods that add to his dialog. There are several dialogs in BG(2)EE which have been overhauled or slightly expanded in one way or another. I don't see a need to "fix" it in EET.

Edited by argent77

I've taken a closer look at the keldda.dlg and don't see a major issue with it. The additional dialog state in the BG1EE version should be considered by the mods that add to his dialog. There are several dialogs in BG(2)EE which have been overhauled or slightly expanded in one way or another. I don't see a need to "fix" it in EET.

Is there somewhere an overview of those dialogues?

There are some central ponts in the game that are used quite frequently by modders (Thalantyr, Adventurer's Mart, Officials in Council of Six etc), where such an overhaul may affect a large number of interjects or appends.

Edited by Roxanne

None that I know of. I only remember noticing some dialog differences while working on my mods. Thalantyr has two new initial states compared to original BG1, and Tranzig has an additional state as well. There are probably more. Maybe there is a way to automate the process of finding dialog differences via WeiDU scripting.

Edited by argent77