EET v13.4 released

Is there an ETA for the RC6?(even an approx like this week or this week end or next week) I still have a few days with a lot of free time to try and get some more bugs down.

Things ready but not yet pushed on Github:

- EET now merges BG:EE TLK with BG2:EE file instead of dynamically expanding it. This means that from now on saves will behave exactly like in vanilla games and will be always valid when it comes to vanilla content on different installations. More information here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28198

- Fixed bug with spell effects descriptions

- Fixed RC5 regression in Ducal Palace second floor script (SoD)

- Starting from ToB campaign without playing previous campaigns allows you to summon default BG2:EE NPCs

- SoA quests controlled by global script will now remain active during ToB

- Updated EET_functions.tph (STATE_REALLY_DEAD check changed into 'Dead' trigger, WITH_TRA command used to not overwrite strings used by mods dependent on AUTO_TRA - BG2:EE NPC patches should be re-downloaded since they use this external file)

- Dynaheir, Khalid, Yoshimo recognized dead by Fate Spirit in ToB

- Neera spawned in correct coordinates if game was started in SoA

- fixed critical bug in save patcher (problems when resource present in SAV file doesn't exist in game). Also implemented workaround for weird weidu bug - some strings exported from TLK to TRA becomes messed up if the new file overwrites previous one. DELETE command used before exporting doesn't fix it. Only deleting the file via AT_NOW seems to make weidu not screw the output file

- GUI auto biography feature now supports multi-class characters

- Fixed biography table generation for ARCHER and WILD_MAGE kits

- HLA screen in SoD GUI now available in SoD style

- improved auto detection of BG:EE installation (loop through all default GOG, Steam, Beamdog directories - let me know if you use default directory but the game prompt to type it manually rather than asking for default directory confirmation)

- Chapter names shows up correctly in Journal

- SoD Chapter 9 and 10 textscreens no longer replace ToB ones

- Changes to util.lua functions moved to M_EET.lua (FPS based message and journal pop-up time, support for both BG:EE and BG2:EE style journal entries, chapter labels)

- Underground River name correctly presented on worldmap

- Fixed level 1 BG:EE CHR files importation

- Pocket Plane ability no longer can be casted successfully inside Pocket Plane

- One Aec'letec even if you killed some BG2 Tanar'ri before meeting him

- no backup made upon patching Baldur.lua via 'Finalise EET' component

- 11 SoD items correctly imported to BG2

- Characters turned to stone in BD1000 no longer uses DPLAYER3.BCS (vanilla SoD weirdness)

- Shorter travel times between BG1->SoD, SoA->BG1, ToB->SoA (feedback regarding it needed)

- wav files packed into multiple 100MB biff files rather than one 700+ MB

- Siege of Dragonspear areas reachable when progressing through story contrary to vanilla SoD which removes access to them after each chapter. It's a 2 step process. First cleaning takes place to get rid of characters that shows up later in the SoD story after the chapter that the area was meant to be accessible is finished, so you are still able to finish pretty much all side content in later chapters. Second cleaning takes place when you visit these areas after finishing SoD story - in such case everyone related to Crusaders and Coalition is disabled, so the areas are ready to be repopulated again by mods (desperately needed for Coalition Camp and Dragonspear Castle considering almost everyone there were involved with the main plot)

- WeiDU updated to beta 239.02 (still not a stable release so watch out installing other mods, also missing one crucial feature for EET so workarounds still in place)

Things that I'm still messing up with:

- arrays with spell effects and general descriptions are now used during conversion to automatically assign BG2 strings if appropriate

- new function used during conversion will now automatically add missing 'Protection from Display Specific String' effects based on BG2 TLK values

- Killed NPCs won't show up in SoD (with some exceptions related to story)

- Developers Documentation added to docs directory

- Exported strings from foreign languages to make chapters.tra translating faster

And than some testing is required too since some of these changes are quite radical (mostly SoD travels and TLK appending). I hope everything will be ready in few days, but hard to tell exactly how long it will take.

I don't know if it has already been reported. The Underground River map (BD5000) does not have a name on the worldmap and therefore no travel time either.

thanks! Fix is ready for next release.

Edited by K4thos

Hello, I am trying to install some mods on EET from the list, but none of the ones that require patching work after they're patched, at least not the ones I tried. All the BGee and compatible BG2ee mods I tried seemed to work, except for Thrown Hammers. I have GOG versions 2.3.67 of all three games, modmerged, installed in their own dedicated SSD partition (saves a lot of time), and am running Windows 7. Here are a handful of the debug files. The unpatched versions from the third list seem to install properly. It does not matter whether I install any of the mods from the first or second list, the result is the same when I try to apply patched mods. Am I missing something really simple?

http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/6TalXPyV/file.html

Hello, I am trying to install some mods on EET from the list, but none of the ones that require patching work after they're patched, at least not the ones I tried. All the BGee and compatible BG2ee mods I tried seemed to work, except for Thrown Hammers. I have GOG versions 2.3.67 of all three games, modmerged, installed in their own dedicated SSD partition (saves a lot of time), and am running Windows 7. Here are a handful of the debug files. The unpatched versions from the third list seem to install properly. It does not matter whether I install any of the mods from the first or second list, the result is the same when I try to apply patched mods. Am I missing something really simple?

http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/6TalXPyV/file.html

Are you sure you follow the right install procedure? (it is slightly different from what BGT once did)

1) Have a clean BGEE install >> run modmerge

>> install the selected mods from list 1 in the BGEE game (test the game to make sure)

2) Have a clean BG2EE install >> install EET in the BG2EE game

>> install what you want from list 2 in the BG2EE game- (if you want a mod from list 3 unpack it to BG2EE, replace the necessary files with the one from the patch packet and then install it) >> run Worldmap after all mods are installed >> run EET_end

Edited by Roxanne

This is because some of the patches were made for weidu.exe v23901, and you should use the v23902 to install the EET, which doesn't have the requirement the patches would add, aka the definition for of SoDs in game is.

Especially if you have old downloads of the patches.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Yes Roxanne, I followed the installation procedure exactly as you said, but for some reason the patched mods fail to install, including BP BGT worldmap, but they install without the patches.

Worldmap will install without the patch but in game you will be missing the additional map icons for the SoD areas (and later IWD) and some other support for EET. All SoD areas will look the same on your map and partly overlap each other.

Maybe you should download the patches file once more, looks like something may be wrong with your download.

Me and many others did successful playable installs with that method before.

Thanks guys, I re-downloaded the patches as a .zip this time, rather than individually, and have around two dozen mods installed now. The only ones that didn't install were Thrown Hammers, and SCS. In my oh-so scientific method, I also dropped Weidu 23902 on-top of the EET install, but I'm pretty sure it still said 23901 when I ran it. Probably some other mod like BPSeries AI interfered with SCS. We'll see how it goes. Can't wait until this is all ironed-out and integrated into BWS. Perhaps Faerun shall expand further...

Thanks guys, I re-downloaded the patches as a .zip this time, rather than individually, and have around two dozen mods installed now. The only ones that didn't install were Thrown Hammers, and SCS. In my oh-so scientific method, I also dropped Weidu 23902 on-top of the EET install, but I'm pretty sure it still said 23901 when I ran it. Probably some other mod like BPSeries AI interfered with SCS. We'll see how it goes. Can't wait until this is all ironed-out and integrated into BWS. Perhaps Faerun shall expand further...

*Shivers in anticipation... while imagining the possibilities*

The only ones that didn't install were Thrown Hammers [...]

I'm pretty sure I found the problem, and am testing the fixes now. I assume the problem was exposed by a recent change in WeiDU. I'll be releasing a fixed version soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.

SCS didn't install probably because you didn't use Big World Fixpack on it (after applying my patch that just adds compatibility with EET - BWF can patch it later just fine). Without it or several manual changes SCS mod doesn't support patch 2.x

BpSeries is not recommended. I haven't check if it needs any update to work with EET (doubt it considering it's just AI) but seems excessive considering EE games with patch 2.x have like 2256 lines of (amazingly written) AI script code per NPC by default. Code that uses many commands that weren't available in old engine (which BPSeries was written for) and fully controllable behaviours via shortcuts.

Also keep in mind this post. It's better to wait for this release considering it will be up soon (got contracts to finish related to my work by the end of Monday but after that I will be able to finalise the release in relatively short time span).

--------

edit: btw. thanks to all for answering questions :)

Edited by K4thos

This is not directly a bug in EET, but rather a side effect of the continuation it provides. "Corinth's Bow +2" (bdbow02.itm) from SoD may cause trouble if you continue to use it in Athkatla. On a critical hit this bow casts "Luck" on the user, which happens to be the vanilla arcane spell "Luck", and is therefore detected by the Cowled Wizards. This ability makes using the bow in the city very dangerous.

There may be more items causing trouble. SoD added a lot of items which auto-cast spells on certain conditions. Maybe it's possible to add a fix that automatically scans all items with auto-cast spell effects and replaces these spells with copies marked as non-arcane.

This is not directly a bug in EET, but rather a side effect of the continuation it provides. "Corinth's Bow +2" (bdbow02.itm) from SoD may cause trouble if you continue to use it in Athkatla. On a critical hit this bow casts "Luck" on the user, which happens to be the vanilla arcane spell "Luck", and is therefore detected by the Cowled Wizards. This ability makes using the bow in the city very dangerous.

There may be more items causing trouble. SoD added a lot of items which auto-cast spells on certain conditions. Maybe it's possible to add a fix that automatically scans all items with auto-cast spell effects and replaces these spells with copies marked as non-arcane.

not sure about this one. I've just checked vanilla BG2 Club of Detonation +3 (BLUN27) which also uses Spell Type -> Wizard (I assume this is what's causing the Wizards spawn?) so making copy of each referenced spell and assigning modified one to items could also alter equipment that is designed by default to cause problems in Athkatla. Even if we limit it to files with BD prefix items with effects similar to Club of Detonation would than stand out from vanilla equipment. I think it's more a material for tweak rather than global solution that should be implemented by default. Or maybe we should deal with it case by case taking care of items for which Cowled Wizards spawning doesn't make sense? Some more opinions would be valuable.

Edited by K4thos