Breagar NPC mod for BG1 and BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

On 10/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, jastey said:

there won't be any changes to the mod kit, but feel free to make a different kit for Breagar as an addon. Thanks for the kind words, I'll pass them on to Ascalon.

I gather there is no appetite for improving his kit... so based on this post, would it be okay to make an altogether new kit in a different mod, and add a component to that mod asking:

Give the Ironsmith kit to Breagar?

Sounds like it would not be a problem, I just want to confirm before stepping on the toes of another modder.

Hello everybody!

So I was there, enjoying the mod tremendously -seriously, the imoen and breagar's interactions are chef's kiss - and then I went to the priest in the lathander's temple, it starts a cutscene...

and my whole game crashes.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing but it didn't change anything :( what can i do?

PS: sorry for the spoilers, they are empty my cat got onto the spoiler buttom SOMEHOW and i can't understand how to undo them, they are empty-

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Tatyan Sorry for the question, but why are you sure the cutscene is Breagar's content? (I'm not that familiar with the mod, so I don't even know what's supposed to happen there - or whether you are talking about BG1 or BGII!).

Where exactly are you, what happens before the crash, can you quote a line or maybe make a screenshot?

This is Breagar indeed. I'm just confused because it sounds like when she helps him after his accident, which should be inside the smithy afaik? Did Breagar already have his accident and her help (and lost his arm)?

If yes, this seems to be a hiccup. Does she initiate the dialogue on her own?

1 minute ago, jastey said:

This is Breagar indeed. I'm just confused because it sounds like when she helps him after his accident, which should be inside the smithy afaik? Did Breagar already have his accident and her help (and lost his arm)?

If yes, this seems to be a hiccup. Does she initiate the dialogue on her own?

yes he had his accident and lost his arm, this happens when i try to talk to her later ò.ò so just a hiccup? not losing anything in the quest? :D

(One way ot the other) But Breagar is in the group in the Screenshot, so something is amiss?

Also, the cutscene that triggers after this sentence is Breagar's healing, not Rivaniel leaving. (ACCUT_03.baf).

Avoiding this is difficult I'm afraid. If she doesn't see the PC the cutscene won't start, but it won't change the fact that it will once she sees the PC again.

The alternative is changing a local variable by hand using "SetNumTimesTalkedTo(2)". Something like this: make sure the mouse cursor hovers over Rivaniel while using the cheat console with:

C:Eval('SetNumTimesTalkedTo(2)')

Fingers crossed.