Breagar NPC mod for BG1 and BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

You do not need to adapt the %mod_folder%, it will read in the one specified at the beginning automatically. The style folder is for the fancy "G3"-pic of the packed installer, it's not really necessary to build it but will throw an error message if it's not there. The readme path is only relevant so for executing the to be created exe, the correct readme could be called.

In the Breagar mod, the tools are inside %mod_folder%\tools, so I think for the iconv_folder it would be

set iconv_folder=%mod_folder%\tools\iconv

I'm unsure what to do with the audio_folder because the oggdec is for Windows and SOX is for Mac which both do not help you on linux? If wine would use the windows one, then the path would be I think

set audio_folder=%mod_folder%\tools\oggdec

Path to tisunpack accordingly, but tile2ee is not present inside the mod.

Okay, I see. Thanks again. And yeah, I plan on running this in wine.

Yeah. I'm getting errors too. I got most of them resolved built the exe, but when run, it says it can't find the TP2 file. But its in there, I double checked. I hate computers.

Okay,was able to get it to open by adding a copy of the un-packaged tp2 file in the folder. But the installation console has "undefined" as all the mod components. So I'm at a wall. Getting a little frustrated at myself, so I'm gonna take a break from it for now. Thank you for all the help, it got me a lot further than I would have gotten otherwise.

Edited by Thacobell
progress update

My packed exe only contained the setup-acbre.exe, no files. I'm not sure what's going on. Do you think we should call for help with the tool maintainers?

@Thacobell I think I did it, I attached it here: https://github.com/Gitjas/Ascalons_Breagar/releases/tag/v12.1.0

This is the package_mod.bat I was using: https://github.com/Gitjas/Ascalons_Breagar/blob/main/package_mod.bat

I executed it right where it is now, inside my local GitHub folder.

The question about the romance conditions really made me laugh. The answer is: none.

In BG1: first you meet him in Candlekeep, later he will be in Beregost, Taemon's smithy.

SoD: He'll be inside the palace 3rd floor if he killed Sarevok with you (or a new SoD game).

BGII: He'll be in Irenicus' Dungeon if he killed Sarevok with you or accompanied the PC during SoD (waiting in camp is sufficient), or for a new game. Or, if you are unlucky, he'll pop up in ID anyhow although you didn't really take him along in BG1, I need to investigate this.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Or, if you are unlucky, he'll pop up in ID anyhow although you didn't really take him along in BG1, I need to investigate this.

I had that happen in my current install (BGT). Started a new BG2 game and found him on the first floor, i think near the 2 inactive golems. I can start a new game and check again if it would help? Or I've misunderstood and thats where he's meant to be in anew BG2 game

Edited by Nathan82
On 4/27/2023 at 2:18 PM, jastey said:

yes, that's where he is supposed to be, so if it was a new game it worked as intended.

I misunderstood then. I've got a party nearly to the end of BG1, i'll let you know if anything goes wrong re Breagar at the start of BG2.

When i did add Breagar, in BG2, the stutter/lag thing I've whinged about before was pretty bad. I think I checked with the stutter debug tool and nothing showed though. I'll retest that when I have time too.

Thanks

I am preparing a new version with new lines, which I would need in Russian. I tried to fill in descriptions I could copy elsewhere, I hope they fit and the format is ok. The new dialogue lines still need translation.

Spoiler

Needs to be corrected (errors in English translation, German was correct):

acbresmi.tra: @89
game-acbre.tra: @117, also check @111, @113, @115

new lines:

acbrepid.tra: @117-@122
acitem.tra: @123-@128
game-acbre.tra: @5042

new files:
game-acbre_ee.tra