Solaufein's Rescue - jastey's Solaufein NPC mod for BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

@JohnBob Awesome! That fixed it indeed. Seems we used the same (faulty) template for our kits?... (I have no idea where I copied my base.)

With regard to the magic resistance:

The ToB cre file has a value of 72(%). If I load this in a new ToB game in BGII:EE, it says 96. After levelling up to L40, it's 127.

In BGT, it's 88 for a new ToB game and at Level 40, too. 88 is still not 80 what it says in teh kitdescription, but definitely better than 127.

I guess there is differences in classic and EE engine with regard to kit creation I didn't consider. Or it's something else engine related with regard to how magic resistance works?

6 hours ago, jastey said:

Awesome! That fixed it indeed. Seems we used the same (faulty) template for our kits?... (I have no idea where I copied my base.)

Not mine, the Warsling sniper is a Fighter kit from @Adul develloped on SHS, my contribution is just the traification and translation of the mod (and I added this correction too...)

I am far from being ready for a mod on my own... For the moment I'm stuck with the files association of the new prefix for the Paladin of Faerun mod !

For the magic resistance, no idea (I'll take a look at it, but other people will definitely be a better help on this one).

Edit: Maybe you can upgrade the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa to the 2017 version instead of 2016, probably not doing much for your problem, but being up to date is always better.

Edited by JohnBob
12 hours ago, JohnBob said:

Maybe you can upgrade the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa to the 2017 version instead of 2016, probably not doing much for your problem, but being up to date is always better.

Sounds like a good idea. Where would I find the more updated version (EDIT: also asked in the kit creation discussion thread)? Mine says it's from 2021 but I guess that's some "being copied at" date.

Graion Dilach's answer in the other thread... The version is indicated at the top of the file...

a7#add_kit_ex is probably the best choice for general compatibility.

But most modders still seem to use fl#add_kit_ee.

Regarding the magic resistance, I don't know enough to understand the problem, but it may be caused by the Solaufein script and the many "levelUpCounts"... (I really don't know... but it's possible that the 7th party member feature is the reason.).

EDIT: After assigning the drow fighter kit to another pnj (charname) the problem is still present so the issue is probably not related to the  Solaufein script....

I propose a workaround if you want to take a look at it:

It's very simple, c#somar2.spl is modified to add 74 magic resistance but with method 1 (Resistance = 'Value'), and adding c#somar3.spl, c#somar4.spl, c#somar5.spl which do the same thing but with 76, 78 and 80 magic resistance... and it works I also tested it with c#sola12.cre...

This is probably not the best way, but it may be enough.

Edited by JohnBob

The mod updates to v4.0, with an Italian version and several fixes! Thank you all for your help and work!

Changelog:

- Italian version added, by Alessandro Rampini.
- Banter should not end abruptly when Solaufein is in 7th party member mode.
- Fixed item reference for Adamantine Dust (DWDUST).
- Elhan should not know Solaufein's name.
- There should be no empty weapon proficiency slots upon levelling up (fix by JohnBob).
- Magic resistance should be capped at 80% (fix by JohnBob).
- Removed empty song reference from script.
- Updated fl#add_kit_ee.tpa.
- Changed backslashes to slashes in the tp2.