Solaufein's Rescue - jastey's Solaufein NPC mod for BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

On 12/28/2021 at 1:19 AM, marcnivar said:

I think the dialogue that Elhan referred to Solaufein is probably same with Viconia one, so he used "her" here.

@marcnivar Sorry for the late follow-up, but to confirm: Solaufein was the only drow in your party? Because I don't see how the dialogue would then go to the "female drow detected" dialogue at all.

Solaufein's Rescue updates to v3.1! The new version comes with smaller fixes and improvement and a compatibility fix with @subtledoctor's 5E casting mod and the TnB multiclass sorcerers and the FnP multiclass shamans.

Changelog:

- ToB banter with Aerie should not happen in SoA.
- Comments on sun and moon will only happen in OUTDOOR area (not CITY).
- Changed See() trigger to InMyArea() when meeting Elhan in the hopes that he acknoledges Solaufein if present.
- Lines in drow reworked with LingoJam Drowisch Translator (link above).
- Compatibility with the 5E casting mod and the TnB multiclass sorcerers and the FnP multiclass shamans: Increase of PC's FATIGUE for detection of scripted resting will happen after 15s timer and only if it wasn't increased by another mod already.
- Special abilities have descriptions if right clicked.
- Typo corrections and minor text corrections.
- Added note_to_translators.txt in folder translations for changes in v3.1.

EDIT: there is some new lines that would need translation to Russian as listed in the note to translators.

Updating the mod per se would be no problem. But since it is somewhere inside your install of other mods I wouldn't change the setup for your running game. The compatibility with 5E spell casting etc. is the major fix I think, and it's only necessary if Solaufein will be "7th party member". The other fixes and improvements are not game breaking I think.

Thanks for the interest!

Guest Elisha

Hi! I’m excited to try this mod everything seems to be in working order I had the dialogue with solaufein and co. outside of ust natha and got the journal quest prompt and investigated the drider brood chamber area and it’s marked on the map but I cannot for the life of me find a ward stone or enter the chamber since everything seems to be occurring as it should I assume that I am just not looking in the right place can you be more specific about where to find the ward stone/ how to enter the drider chamber? :) 

The wardstone is in a crevice near the bridge in the main Underdark area. For this, the Solaufein mod needs to be installed before you enter the Underdark for the first time. If you can't find the crevice (nor the wardstone), the cheatcode is "c#sorun1".

Thanks for the kind words!

Guest Elisha

Oh okay that’s probably why I wasn’t sure if it was going to work at all because I installed it after the under dark and went back and everything seemed to be working the way it was supposed to so I assumed it would work! I’ll try the cheat code! Thank you!!

This one is also par of my next EET install and playthrough.

I was initialy thinking to also add the Weimer's Solaufein but it seems that they have different philosophy.

I am thinking to install the fifth component where Solaufein recognizes the PC as drow or/and the component "Install Detection for Drow PC".

What kind of modification could i do (if possible) to make my charname recognised by Solaufein as a "drow". My chairmane is not going to be an elf or a drow, but a half-orc belonging to the Dark Legion (an Elite group of half orcs mostly trained and educated within the Drow sphere of influence and feeling very close to them).

Nb: i may also eventually install a subrace mod. I will dig the subject later.

Edited by Mordekaie