Solaufein's Rescue - jastey's Solaufein NPC mod for BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

@Mordekaie Either you have one of the subrace mods installed mentioned in the readme and install the "Install Detection for Drow PC" component after the subrace mod and chose to make your PC a drow /half-drow. Or if no subrace mods are detected, the component will add a reply option ~(Truth) Since I'm a drow already, this shouldn't be so hard.~ when talking to Adalon before going to Ust Natha which neds to be klicked. Both these instances will let Solaufein recognize the PC as a drow.

@badokadonk Did you find the runestone? The entrance to the drider chambers is in the main Underground area, in the south-west corner. Remembr where the group enters the Underground area the first time (south-west corner of the map). Go north from there directly at the western edge of the map and you reach the cave from where the drider chambers are located.

The mod also adds a map note for it, if you haven't disabled them in your game.

Guest capdaddy

Thank you for making this mod, I've always wanted Solaufein to be recruitable ever since I was a kid who couldn't figure out how to get Weimer's mod working properly. I am encountering a few issues though.

The first is that Solaufein seems to join the party without triggering the removal of another party member, essentially as a 7th character, and if he joins this way his portrait won't show up even if you remove a party member unless you ctrl+Q him. If you have an open slot it seems to avoid this issue.

The second issue is that he has 19 blank weapon proficiency slots at the bottom of the list upon level up, and the third issue is that he has a ridiculous 126% naked magic resistance upon joining me. I know the class description says its supposed to cap at 80% at level 16 so I'm assuming its a bug.

I'm running a pretty basic set of mods; tweaks anthology, SCS, unfinished buisiness and rogue rebalancing. I'm unsure if any of these issues are related to a mod conflict.

I definitely appreciate the upload though, you did a great job integrating his rescue into the end of the underdark chapter and aside from the bugs I encountered he seems to be decently balanced and his special abilities are true to tabletop which is cool. If I could suggest one change aside from the bugs, I would remove the (snort) parts of his dialogue, but that's kind of a personal preference. 

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Guest capdaddy said:

The first is that Solaufein seems to join the party without triggering the removal of another party member, essentially as a 7th character, and if he joins this way his portrait won't show up even if you remove a party member unless you ctrl+Q him. If you have an open slot it seems to avoid this issue.

You read readmes, much? Please have a look at the reade about "7th party member mode". It's a feature, not a bug. To join as a proper party member if a slot is available, tell Solaufein that you need to have access to his inventory. By ctrl+Q ing him into the party you screwed the InParty/7th member checks I use, which could lead to problems later on.

I'm not the fittest if it comes to kit creation, so the magic resistance might be a bug from the mod. I have no idea how he ended up with the proficieny slots and doubt the kit could cause it.

Nevertheless, thanks for the kind words, although having the 7th party member feature reported as a bug made me a bit sad.

I can confirm the Proficiency bug also on unmodded BG2EE, honestly I noted it several weeks ago but forgot to report it.
Easy to repro: just install the mod, start from ToB, summon the friendly drow and level him up, anyway it is an extremely minor thing, just cosmetic.

SoulafeinProf.thumb.jpg.63781f28eae670904a79c76bda95a35d.jpg

Edited by Frenzgyn
Guest Thingol

Hey, im trying this, but i have a problem. I cant find the hidden crevice beside the bridge, i have no idea what im doing wrong since is not a large area, im so lost!

Thank you 

Let's say i found a fantastic portrait for Solaufein (just my opinion).

I already discovered two ways to change a portrait  (with other mods)  :

• Copy the portrait in the Override folder.
  • Replace all the portraits in a portrait folder from a mod folder.  ( It works fine  but i don't like that way to do it).

I would like to make my personal "fork" (or spoon) of your mod to include a third Portrait selection  with my new fantastic portrait,  for personal use only.

Would you mind helping me a little to start ? Any link to clarify some very basic stuff ?

Edited by Mordekaie