Last call for SCS v32 fixes

11 hours ago, Luke said:

According to your ReadMe, there's also the possibility to use any spell state (not just 252 - Evasion) and any Save (not just Save vs. Breath)........ That's why I said it's something to keep in mind when designing new kit passive abilities (oh, we can also give Evasion to Rangers 😀.......)

Yeah - one of the things on my to-do list is to give rangers a bit of a boost in the hardiness department by giving them "Poison Evasion" and "Disease Evasion."  Maybe give barbarians and berserkers a passive "Charm Evasion" instead of immunities activated by their berserk abilities.  Etc.

But the default way the mod currently installs Evasion precisely mimics IWD Evasion.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, DrAzTiK said:

1- After killing Phaere and  Ardulace, there is no alarm and no big fight. ( I had the same problem with SCS V31)

Can you tell me exactly how to reproduce this? i.e., when exactly do you kill them?

15 hours ago, DavidW said:

Can you tell me exactly how to reproduce this? i.e., when exactly do you kill them?

I have made some tests and it is very strange:.

if  I give the solofein eggs to Phaere and tell the demon to move out (after the demon has killed Ardulace and phaere), the alarm does not work correctly ( journal is uptaded correctly however) and drows in the temple/drow city remain neutral. And no big fight also.

Others scenarios : I make a bargain with the demon . If I select the choice that the demon help me to fight drows, the alarm is set correctly, all drows appears hostile.

I I select the choice to have money or a powerfull item, the alarm is not set correctly and drows in the temple/drow city remain neutral.

If I give the true eggs to phaere, there is 2 dialog possibilities after the demon has killed Ardulace : keep quiet or prevent to Phaere to give the true eggs to the demon.

If I keep quiet, the demon become hostile ( but  the demon looks weak and have no special power, ridicoulous HP), the alarm is working correctly.

If I prevent Phaere to give eggs,  the demon turn hostile. ( and he does have some special power like wail of the banshee, symbol of stunning, detect invisibility but still  ridiculous HP imo) the alarm is set correctly/

Imo this demon should be extremely powerfull but considering you make a big fight just after, it is maybe not a big deal.

Maybe it is a bug related to BGEE 2.5 because there is till some nasty bugs on BGEE...

EDIT : sorry, after making more test, it looks like everything is working correctly.

Edited by DrAzTiK

There is definitely something off about 'smarter fiends and celestial' component

• Pit fiend from lvl 9 spell gate doesn't do anything besides melee attacks after initial improved invisibility
  • Fiends don't attack party, they even seem to prioritize the caster - lich at the gate casted two cornugons and pit fiend and they simply attacked him instead of player
  • Cornugons didn't seem to cast any spells either
  • Pit fiend also attacks other fiends rather than players

Also, why doesn't lich put protection from evil on himself?

https://i.imgur.com/WzA7Yow.png

I should add I play on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty with everything on (DEFUALT).

Weidu

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tougher Demogorgon ( Original Bioware Design 😞 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues for original Bioware NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended Epilogues for additional Beamdog NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #101 // Ascension Portraits - Bodhi: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #102 // Ascension Portraits - Balthazar by Cuv ( Alternate Design 😞 1.7.2
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3540 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v32 RC8
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal and incorporeal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Simple Bard script: v4.53
~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Remove Delay from Improved Haste Spells: 1.7
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 1: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.5
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla bams for spells: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #3 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Disable item comparison feature: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Reverse +/- buttons position: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #5 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Single Click to Map Travel: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Show Sidebar toggle button: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #7 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Show Quicksave button: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #8 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Show Highlight button: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #9 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Small right sidebar buttons: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #10 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Quests in journal collapsed by default: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #11 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Left click on portrait to level up: 3.7
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #500 // Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers -> Use the recommended storage capacity value (999): v4.53

Edited by Myrag
1 hour ago, Ulb said:

But..unless you start a fight (by having the demon lord attack the drow for example) you are supposed to have time to escape the city before the drow turn hostile, right? It's always been like this?

Ok I have made some test and you are right. The alarm is working correctly but it takes a long  time. I remember that in the past, the alarm was set more quickly.

So everything is ok. Sorry for disturbance.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:22 AM, Guest Macnube said:

Maybe not a bug, but I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior:

With all difficulty settings set to Hardcore, Osmadi (lvl 9 druid in BGEE) prebuffed with:

Armor of Faith (3 rounds + 1 rnd/lvl)

Barkskin (4 rounds + 1 rnd/lvl)

Free Action (1 turn + 1 rnd/lvl)

Ironskins (12 hours)

Given the structure of the encounter (it doesn't look like he appears in sight of the party, I was able to scout him out ahead of time) I would have thought that of the above buffs, only Ironskins, and maybe Free Action would meet the 3 rnd/lvl threshold set by hardcore.

Can't reproduce; it works fine on my install.

And here's another list of collated bugs for my benefit:

- Evasion is being partially imported (Luke, 1/23) fixed
- Hell dragons isn't immune to its own breath weapon (Draztik, 1/23) Fixed
- Possible use of SI:Abj, SI:Div in SR (Draztik, 1/23) Looks like a false alarm or else some SRR effect (I don't officially support SRR); those spells don't even exist in an SCS+SR install
- Mages don't seem to use Fire Shield, Acid Sheath, MS 7-9 (Draztik, 1/23) Fixed, except that I intentionally don't use MS9 on SR installs because I gather it's broken. You won't see Acid Sheath used as often as Fire Shield because it's too high level to fit in a Spell Sequencer.
- Fiend summoning seems a bit too rare (Draztik, 1/23) Frequency increased a bit, though still lower than it used to be; let's see what people think
- summoned fiends don't fight party even when not protected from evil, even with Improved Fiends active; seem to attack the caster; pit fiends and cornugons don't seem to cast spells (Myrag, 1/26)
- Aerie, Jaheira have wrong IWD spell lists (Angel, 1/24) General problem with assigning new priest spells; fixed
- no-melee mode missing from Ease-of-Use (Myrag, 1/24) Restored (it wasn't actually missing, but the hotkey to activate it was disabled)
- priests using Sanctuary then attack in melee (Draztik, 1/24) Fixed
- weird elder orb bug in Planar Sphere (TheLoneTremere, 1/25) Can't reproduce
- Spirit trolls aren't using any abilities (Myrag, 1/26) It wasn't working on Insane, due to a typo; now fixed.

A quick note, i think i also had this occurrence with a iron golem as well, but i can't recall exactly. Either or, maybe it is something like an ability that SR/PnP changed around or so that these specific enemies try to call upon, which no longer exist of course, these occur in hyper specific fights like the elder orb in the planar spear.

Guest Macnube
9 hours ago, DavidW said:

Can't reproduce; it works fine on my install.

Thanks for checking - I just finished BGEE @ Hardcore (via difficulty slider) and I while I ran into a few more situations where the buffs may have been overly generous, it actually played well so I didn't pay as much attention as I should have. What was interesting was that it didn't seem to be a systematic problem, i.e. in many cases prebuffing behavior seemed to work as expected. How robust is the check which determines whether an enemy spawned in sight of the player? In any event, I will do a clean install for my next BGEE playthrough.

I'm about to start my SOD playthrough - anything in particular you would like me to watch for? I'm running a fairly minimal set of mods, NPCProject + SCS + CdTweaks.

I'm not sure if it's been reported or not, but... (I tried a search and found a report for v30, but it seems to not be fixed as of v32rc8.):

Various enemy mages will cast Cacofiend, summoning a Nabassu which will immediately start attacking them because they don't have PfE (I think that's why the demons might be attacking?). I'm playing at "Improved" difficulty per the slider. Maybe the mages are lacking a pre-buff which is otherwise 'automatic' in the higher difficulties?

(I've observed this with Yuan-ti mages and Tanova the vampire mage in Bodhi's lair.)

I'm not running any other mods which affect demon/mage behavior.

Edited by AnonymousHero
52 minutes ago, AnonymousHero said:

I'm not sure if it's been reported or not, but... (I tried a search and found a report for v30, but it seems to not be fixed as of v32rc8.):

Various enemy mages will cast Cacofiend, summoning a Nabassu which will immediately start attacking them because they don't have PfE (I think that's why the demons might be attacking?). I'm playing at "Improved" difficulty per the slider. Maybe the mages are lacking a pre-buff which is otherwise 'automatic' in the higher difficulties?

(I've observed this with Yuan-ti mages and Tanova the vampire mage in Bodhi's lair.)

I'm not running any other mods which affect demon/mage behavior.

Yep. I reported this on page. Liches do the same. Seems like PFE is missing from prebuff script list. I think David missed this when making list of reported bugs.

Also, I know this isn't new v32 related but ease of use AI never worked for me on sorcerer in any SCS installation. Since new SCS relates standard customizable AI option in the game it could be worthwhile looking into it? 

Edited by Myrag