Re: Readme. or my own protection, Windows has

Ghreyfain

I think I saw a thread similar to this once upon a time, but can't quite recall. Anyways, at the risk of repeating a bug report, I'm letting you know that the TutuTweak readme opened up at the end of installation (version 11), and Windows said it restricted itself from showing some active content, because it's gay. Or because it could endanger my computer. I forget which reason it gave.

Anyways, there are two fields for "Author:" with a blank space where I expect an e-mail address would be. Perhaps that's the culprit?

Right near the top it says:

A Gibberlings Three Mod

Author:

Author:

I think I saw a thread similar to this once upon a time, but can't quite recall.  Anyways, at the risk of repeating a bug report, I'm letting you know that the TutuTweak readme opened up at the end of installation (version 11), and Windows said it restricted itself from showing some active content, because it's gay.  Or because it could endanger my computer.  I forget which reason it gave.

Anyways, there are two fields for "Author:" with a blank space where I expect an e-mail address would be.  Perhaps that's the culprit?

Right near the top it says:

A Gibberlings Three Mod

Author:

Author:

If you don't have an active connection the Internet, Windows firewall will whine about retrieving the current/outdated version graphic from the G3 site as it interprets it as a "call-home" function. I'd not describe this as active content, but MS has never had problems calling black white. :) I've also been told that the notice doesn't appear if you're already online.

As for the email addresses not turning up--these are generated by javascript in order to hide the email addresses from spam harvesters. If javascript is disabled, they won't appear.

So, it's ok to demand a totally functional, non-hacky method when modding the game, but allowing a random "error!" dialog to pop up when viewing the readme is ok?

:)

Partially functional, hacky mods tend to ruin immersion in the Baldur's Gate universe.

If I didn't have windows fucking around with my computer without my consent, the immersion of running a PC would be ruined. Score another one for G3.

Archived