Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

2 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

I seem to have read a post by you concerning the fact that patch 2.6 didn't satisfy you particularly. Did you move to 2.6, or are we supposed to play with 2.5 ? I'm talking about the mod compatibility.

To use precise language: I’m not aware of any reason the mod(s) would not be compatible with both. 

My dissatisfaction with the 2.6 patch stems from my perception that they put a lot of effort into it (2 years!) and yet didn’t address 80% of what I hoped they would. Concentration checks are still broken; there’s no way to set OriginalClass flags; etc. 

But as far as mod compatibility goes, the  2.6 changes I’m aware of* don’t have much impact on my mods. The biggest issue I’ve noticed so far is the change to how spells break invisibility; we’ll have to patch a few spells here to conform. But it’s a minor issue that doesn’t stop you playing the game. It’s a much bigger problem for Spell Revisions.

As far as “did I move to 2.6?” When i manage to find time to play at all, I do it on an iPad. And I don’t think the iOS apps have been updated to 2.6 yet.

* (Of course my other gripe with Beamdog’s patches is that they are not well-documented. So maybe there are changes that affect my mods more drastically, but Beamdog just never mentioned them. There’s not much I can do about that until someone identifies the problem.)

Guest Alkaid

Hm, Aerie is multiclassed into a Cleric kit that's apparently meant to be restricted to gnomes (Fastpaws). Likely due to her relationship with Quayle of course, but it'd be nice to have a list in the readme saying what kits NPCs get assigned by default. (Especially if you have another mod that might alter them somehow as part of it and would like to bring them in line with this one.)

Guest Alkaid
22 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Sorry, I thought that would be obvious from in-game dialogue. Aerie = Baervan, Viconia = Shar, Anomen = Helm, Mazzy = Arvoreen, Branwen = Tempus, etc. 

Yeah, I'm just hyper-sensitive to signs of bugs with the issues I've been having to troubleshoot, lol. I suppose it isn't that necessary but it would be nice for posterity (just listing them in the "apply kits to NPCs" module readme), and so people can see how their favourite party members might be affected. =P

Guest Alkaid

How do you define the weapon usability for all the different individual Priest types and the like? If I wanted to, for instance, give the ability to use Longswords to a Priest kit that normally can't use them, how might I go about that? I've already successfully altered proficiencies, just don't know where equip restrictions lie. There are some on the individual items but they aren't what you're using here. (And the base game doesn't seem to either so there's somewhere else I need to look.)

43 minutes ago, Guest Alkaid said:

How do you define the weapon usability for all the different individual Priest types and the like?

If you mean after the mod has been installed, then you need to edit every single .ITM file in Near Infinity. 

But you can use a text editor to open faiths_and_powers/lib/add_cleric_kits.tpa, or .../lib/add_druid_kits.tpa, etc., or .../lib/default_kits_spheres.tpa - and search or scroll down to a given kit, and change its proficiency limits there, and then install the mod after that. The values defined there control both proficiency and usability. 

Guest Alkaid

Er, actually, your equip restriction definitions seem to be stored on the character files as effects rather than on a per-item basis, unless I missed something. I was able make Viconia equip longswords by removing the two "Can't use item type" effects on her character that were set to swords.

Set up an EET mega-game, mostly based on your install order listing a while back to determine loading order, etc. Some significant issues including immediate crashing when trying to load a game in chapter 9 of SoD, cloaks reclassified as armor, most wands unusable by my mages and clerics (haven't figured out why yet) that I only mention in the hopes that you might have an idea why these things are happening.

More relevant to your mods, both the Doomguide and Cleric of Kelemator(sp?) are turning undead six levels above their actual level, not just 4 like the descriptions for both say. While I haven't had a chance to dive into SoA much, it makes the early parts of SoD entirely too easy as I can just stroll my 9th-level doomguide or cleric into a room all by himself and vaporize almost all of the undead before they have a chance to damage him in any significant way.

I haven't been able to do much with SoA because weird things happen when I reclassify Jahiera as a druid using NPC-EE. I usually up her wisdom to 18, but when I reclassify her as a Forest Druid, she only gets a very limited selection of spells, and both the 6th and 7th level pages in her spell book are empty. I have a complete list if you think that it would be helpful. Contrarily, switching her over to an Air Mystic gives her what appears to be her full complement of spells. Curiously Invisibility Purge is in both the 3rd and 4th level lists while Death Fog is in both 6 and 7. And last, but not least, Cloak of Darkness is missing its icon for one or the other versions of Jahiera.

WeiDU.log

Edited by sturmvogel
wrong word

The elementalist and mystics are probably unavailable without the sphere system. Most kits are available, and while they might seem a bit funky - e.g. a priest of Baervan Wildwanderer with bog-standard cleric spells and no access to nature magic - they function fine as clerics and have some bonus innates or whatever. But the elemental mystic kits are really defined by their spell access; what sense does it make for a “Fire Mystic” to have normal druid spells?

Multiclass druids will work without the sphere system, I put some extra effort into them. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Since my ADHD has forced me to hyper focus on 1st ed bards again: Your Druid/Thief multiclass might be a good fit for it. It gets the druid spells and the thief abilities already. Give the thief side some extra proficiencies to mimic fighter levels, tweak weapon and armor useability, and give some bard abilities and lore. Maybe a 25%-33% exp penalty to simulate leveling three classes.