Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

EDIT
For a SorDru, here's how you learn Sor spells:

-Make your character in whatever campaign you wish.

-Activate the special ability "Initialize Sorcerer casting."

-Use the item "Spell Knowledge."  Choose a Sor spell to learn.  You learn one spell each time you activate this ability.

-Keep learning spells via Spell Knowledge until you're satisfied or until you can learn no more spells.

(This process should be explicitly mentioned in the manual.)

Our SorDru can't use arcane scrolls!
She knows magic missile and has two magic missile scrolls in her inventory.  She can't use them for whatever reason, even after initializing Sor casting.

Our SorDru may be missing class features!
Find familiar we made innate, but she can't use that.  She couldn't learn identify as a spell known but didn't know it automatically.  She had no  innate cantrips, though we selected them in the installer.  We included crafting, but at Druid1/Sor1 she can't craft any scrolls nor other items.  Hmm?

Multiclass Spell List Qs
I noticed on a sample SorDru that mirror image becomes a level 3 spell for Sors despite it normally being a level 2.  Perhaps multiclass casters read from the other spell list or a dominant spell list instead of the proper spell list.  This seems unintentional.

Original Message
Having barely played with this mod so far but having read some version of the documentation, do Sors get the arcane bloodline with one bonus spell known per spell level?  If so, how to activate this?  What about multiclass Sors?

For multiclass Sors, how to have them be able to prepare/learn/spontaneously cast spells?

Maybe we're missing something here, but the SumMon I scroll I found in Candlekeep, probably from the randomizer being active, has no icon and can't be used by the party's SorDru, nor could she use any arcane scroll.  (Spell Revisions and other mods are active.)  Huh?

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire

After installing a much smaller list of EET mods, I noticed these things for Sor/Dru:

-No bonus spells from an arcane bloodline.

-Identify isn't learnable as a Sor spell via Spell Knowledge.

-Arcane scrolls work.

-Innate find familiar works.

-Mirror image is still level 3.

-Innate cantrips weren't available at level 1, but were available when starting a character in ToB.

Edited by Endarire
On 12/25/2019 at 1:57 AM, Endarire said:

-No bonus spells from an arcane bloodline.

Don't think that's a thing... so, working as intended?

-Identify isn't learnable as a Sor spell via Spell Knowledge.

Due to engine limitations, it is impossible to use the Identify spell as a multiclass sorcerer.  (Unless you use the 'Level 1 Cantrips' component... and even then I'm not 100% sure Identify is enabled.)  Because it cannot be used, we prevent you wasting a slot by learning it.

-Mirror image is still level 3.

This is weird... I've experimented with this in the past, but I thought it was no longer being done...?  Unless, perhaps, if you have Spell Revisions installed, and applied the General Spell Tweaks.  I think, maybe.

Unless you are talking about the divine version of the spell, in which case yes, MI is a 3rd-level spell in the Deception sphere in the FnP sphere system.

-Innate cantrips weren't available at level 1, but were available when starting a character in ToB.

A few things added in TnB will likely need a compatibility patch for arcane multiclass kits added later, e.g. in FnP.  I'll get to this when I can.

By changing contingency and so on to innate abilities, can we still activate them with the same key commands as if they were spells?

Arcane Bloodline: Documentation for a previous T&B version made Divination spells Universal and gave Sorcerers 1 extra spell known per spell level (Identify, Invisibility, Dispel Magic, Minor Sequencer, True Seeing, Contingency, Spell Trigger, ?, Wish) to approximate Pathfinder's arcane bloodline.  I was looking forward to that.

Edited by Endarire
7 hours ago, ariakas2 said:

Bug: bg2ee - abjurer - After choosing spontaneous casting, I choose skull trap to convert into an abjuration spell but it doesn't. Some spells keep their specific icons in spontaneous casting menu and don't convert.

I think I noticed on my current install that some spells aren't working with spontaneous conversion as well.  Not sure why - most likely is that theya re being overwritten such that the high-level extended header is removed.  In general, if you trigger the spontaneous conversion ability and then you see an actual spell's icon when casting, that one won't be converted.  The icon of spells that can be converted are changed when using spontaneous conversion.

I'll look into this, anyway.

Also have some more fun stuff on tap!  (Maybe, possibly, eventually, etc...)