subtledoctor

Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

Okay, I've got major updates ready for most of the mods I've been working on.  Lots of fixes and compatibility improvements.  Tome & Blood is up to version 0.8.48

This update removes the "General Spell Tweaks" component - they were a bit too random and personal for inclusion in a mod like this - you can find them and more in my "Random Tweaks" mod instead.  The "Spell Selection by Dialogue" component is also removed (for now?) since people were apparently installing it and not expecting it to in their game (?).  This also improves the so-called "readme" a bit, removing reference to those components and adding a reference for the "Revised Identify Spell" component. 

Finally, this make some under-the-hood changes to multiclass sorcerers.  First, it standardizes the stats used to track spell slots, using most of stat 108 and the 4th byte of stat 109, instead of a mish-mash of bytes in 108 and 134.  This makes it fall in line with the stats used for the new Bardic spellcasting in Might & Guile, and gets out of the way of the stat used for spontaneous divine casting in Faiths & Powers.  Second, it adds some characteristics to the multisorcerer spell learning function, explicitly for detection by Faiths & Powers later.  The upshot is, multiclass sorcerer casting in this mod can now coexist (somewhat uneasily) with spontaneous divine casting in FnP.  More information in that mod's thread for those who want to take advantage of this.

Cheers.

@subtledoctor
What did you mean when you said that Multiclass Sors work uncomfortably with spontaneous divine casters?

Does the revised identify work with Multiclass Sors?

Guest 4udr4n

Hi , havign a similar issue to one up-thread, cannot install multi-class sorcerors fue to a dependancy. Have tried dorpping the faiths and powers folder into my game directory, no joy, any assistance appreciated:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "faiths_and_powers/kits/misc/d5lernwi.bam")

Ta.

10 hours ago, Guest 4udr4n said:

Hi , havign a similar issue to one up-thread, cannot install multi-class sorcerors fue to a dependancy. Have tried dorpping the faiths and powers folder into my game directory, no joy, any assistance appreciated:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "faiths_and_powers/kits/misc/d5lernwi.bam"

Fixed.

Guest 4udr4n
4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Trying a PI install, got this:

#[C:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-TomeAndBlood.exe] WeiDU version 24600
#Using Language [English]
#Installing [Rebalanced Spell Schools] [0.8.48.1]
#ERROR: cannot convert spl_school or %spl_school% to an integer
#ERROR: [BGSCRL1V.ITM] -> [override/BGSCRL1V.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Any suggestions?

Edited by 4udr4n
brevity

In case it helps, I have spell revisions and divine remix ahead of TnB. Do I need too to move either after?

3 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

In case it helps, I have spell revisions and divine remix ahead of TnB. Do I need too to move either after?

No, they should go first. Maybe uninstall the spells part of Divine Remix, if you installed that. 

Any idea where that .itm file comes from? I don’t think it’s native to the game - don’t recall seeing files with a “bg” prefix - but I’m not at a computer to check. 

Could also try pausing the install before TnB and remove that file from /override, then continue. (If PI allows pausing)

I only have Cleric Remix, Cleric Kits and Druid remix from Divine remix, so I don't think it should interfere.

BGSCRL1V.ITM looks to be from Item Revisions or IRR as I can find it in C:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\item_rev\backup\0 and C:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\override

No idea what it is.

Removing it allowed TnB to install components 11, 12 & 13, but I'm now getting a warning on revised identify. Looks UI related, so for reference I have Lefreut's Enhanced UI for BG2EE.

#[C:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-TomeAndBlood.exe] WeiDU version 24600
#Using Language [English]
#Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
#Installing [Revised Identify spell] [0.8.48.1]
#Copying and patching 1 file ...
#Copying 1 file ...
#Copying 1 file ...
#WARNING UI.MENU - pattern not found:
#showMageMemorizationFlash = false
#    mgpage = nil
#Copying 1 file ...
#Copying 1 file ...
#Patching UI.MENU - pattern replaced 1 time(s):
#Infinity_ActivateInventory() => Infinity_ActivateInventory()
#        -- B3Identify Edit Start
#        if B3Identify_InventoryOverrideFunc() then return end
#        -- B3Identify Edit End
#Patching UI.MENU - pattern replaced 1 time(s):
#enabled "itemDescLeftButtonEnabled()" => 
#        -- B3Identify Edit Start
#        --enabled "itemDescLeftButtonEnabled()"
#        enabled "not B3Identify_InventoryOverride and itemDescLeftButtonEnabled()"
#        -- B3Identify Edit End
#Copying 1 file ...
#Appending to files ...
#Adding spell WIZARD_IDENTIFY
#Appending to files ...
#Clearing the IDS map.
#Added spell WIZARD_IDENTIFY
#Copying 1 file ...
#Copying 1 file ...
#Copying 1 file ...
#Copying 1 file ...
#Appending to files ...
#Appending to files ...
#Appending to files ...
#Appending to files ...
#[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 131449 string entries
#INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Revised Identify spell

Revised Identify (and some other components) make UI changes, and may or may not be compatible with other UI mods. (Some UI mods are built with the idea that they will be the only UI changes, and might not be friendly to this kind of small, targeted tweak.)

No problem I have LeUI and a couple of tweaks from EEUITweaks, everything seems to work fine so far.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:18 PM, 4udr4n said:

No problem I have LeUI and a couple of tweaks from EEUITweaks, everything seems to work fine so far.

@4udr4n please let me know if you run on any issues using Revised Identify componemt with your installed UI mods. I plan to use the same combination of UI mods for my run and would like to knowcif it's safe. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.