Hello,

Attempting to install "Innate Cantrips" and receive the following:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [clastext.2da] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Cantrips -> Innate Cantrips], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  63 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 61.
Uninstalled     63 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 61.
ERROR: Failure("resource [clastext.2da] not found for 'COPY'")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.DEBUG and look for support at: aquadrizzt@gmail.com

Current setup includes:

• BGT v1.21
  • Spell Revisions v4 Beta 18

@Chitown Willie I guess that component needs clastext.2da, which would make it EE-only.

We can either update it so it is not available on pre-EE games, or maybe just condition the clastext.2da patches on EE installs, so the component will install on BGT. (Don’t expect much support for the latter case, though - I don’t even have a BGT game around forctesting right now.)

A question regarding Innate metamagic: I have installed 'Revised Metamagic -> Innate metamagic, learned automatically by everyone: 0.8.44'. Mages and sorcerers that use the vanilla spell learning system get their minor matrix, sequencer, and contingency correctly and they work like a charm.

However, those spells do not work for multiclass bards: after casting them, the spell selection window is empty. I guess the UI tries to read the spellbook, but since there are no actual spells memorized, it just returns a blank page. Furthermore, after casting them once, they disappear from the special ability menu, even after resting.

In the case of multiclass sorcerers, they simply do not get any sequencer or contingency.

Maybe this is just how it works. Do I have to install option N. 5, the one that 'leaves sequencers and contingencies as spells you must memorize, but when you cast them, you "fill" them with any spell you *know,* without expending any memorization slots'? Does this component use the 'Spell knowledge' UI that multiclass sorcerers use?

Another small doubt that just popped out of my mind: what happens if a multiclass bard or sorcerer puts on a ring of wizardry or similar items?

2 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

Maybe this is just how it works. Do I have to install option N. 5, the one that 'leaves sequencers and contingencies as spells you must memorize, but when you cast them, you "fill" them with any spell you *know,* without expending any memorization slots'? Does this component use the 'Spell knowledge' UI that multiclass sorcerers use?

Correct. I LOVE the way Sequencers work with options 1-4 of that component... but for technical reasons they cannot work with multiclass sorcerers, my new Mana Sorcerer, or MnG’s Revised Bards. Sequencers allow you put memorized spells in them, but those spontaneous casters don’t actually “memorize” spells. (Technically then, Sequencers shouldn’t work with vanilla sorcerers either; the game devs can brute-force it by adding some hard-coded handling into the engine, but modders don’t have that capability.) That’s why the solution is to use option #5, which lets you fill sequencers with any known spells instead of memorized ones.

The real bug here is that your Revised Bards are getting the innate sequencer abilities at all. MnG needs compatibility code to prevent bards from using them. 

Another small doubt that just popped out of my mind: what happens if a multiclass bard or sorcerer puts on a ring of wizardry or similar items?

I coded them to work, and in my testing they work, with the caveat that the BG1 ring is changed from “double 1st-level slots” to “+2 1st-level slots” (I think.) If you find they don’t work, let us know. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Got it. Having innate sequencers is pretty sweet, and that component looks also very good and polished. On the other hand, being able to choose from all the known spells without having to plan the memorization first is very handy too, I'd say the advantages between all the components are very well balanced.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

I coded them to work

Just did a quick test with the Reaching Ring and Dakkon's Zerth blade, and they both work, though without the casting slots bonuses.  I guess this is for technical reasons, too.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:49 PM, Gwaihir said:

Just did a quick test with the Reaching Ring and Dakkon's Zerth blade, and they both work, though without the casting slots bonuses.  I guess this is for technical reasons, too.

Actually, they are supposed to give you casting slot bonuses as well (maxing out at +2 though - I cannot reproduce the "doubled slots" effect). 

Looking at MnG for other reasons, I just noticed that both it and TnB multisorcerers have a typo which I think it preventing the +slot items from working.  Should be an easy fix.

EDIT - also, looking closer at it, that code doesn't come close to working even when the typo is fixed.  It was looking through item ability headers, when the relevant opcode 42 effects are in global equipping effects.

Try the attached hotfix mod.  Should work for both TnB MultiSorcerers, and MnG Revised Bards.  It can be applied to games in progress.

Edited by subtledoctor
49 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

Didn't work for me, either with a fighter/sorcerer or a jester. I tried it on a saved game, new game, also tried resting, with no results.

SETUP-MULTISORC_ROW_HOTFIX.DEBUG 61.67 kB · 0 downloads

I didn’t note, it doesn’t immediately change the visual indicator of your remaining spell slots; you have to cast a spell to make the system recalculate your slots. 

I can probably force the recalculation when you equip the item. (But I cannot do that when you unequip it... well, I probably could, but I’m not sure it’s worth the effort.)

16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

you have to cast a spell to make the system recalculate your slots. 

So I've been experimenting a bit.. casting spells doesn't change things. Dakkon's zerth blade and the reaching ring are still giving bnouses to the memorized spells only. The visual indicator matches exactly the number of spells I can cast.

Things are a bit... different with the ring of wizardry, Evermemory. I gave it to an 18 Cha fighter 9/sorcerer 8, and for some reason he acquired 4 vanilla memorization slots. These were just added on top of the spells he already had, so that for example I could have two instances of sleep in the casting menu:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.7f9f6d968eb842b21a992f9a53fa1cec.jpeg

For MnG multiclasses, apparently it still doubles the 1st level spells.. even more so. An 18 Cha Jester (mage 12/thief 13) has 5 1st lv mem. slots, with this ring he has 12.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.e8d57a0635a8e1add10f18f8ad0eeeff.jpeg

After resting and waiting a few seconds for the scripts to run, he then gets the normal casting slots without any bonuses:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.6479b3a3c4731cd1bd704dc7cd1ca14d.jpeg

Another thing I noticed: Your spontaneous/multibards spells are not compatible with the 'Hidden gameplay options' component "Show Area of Effect Range". 

Vanilla Color spray:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.60c8dbe647fa56964950b23b14f917a5.jpeg

Color spray when cast by a fighter/sorcerer:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.4cf1c78256177430969e1e00564c2ac3.jpeg

Pretty much every spell that's not self-targeted looks like shown in the second image. I mean, obviously those are not actual spells, learned by conventional means, so I guess are not recognized by the script that shows area of effects, but I was wondering if it coud be possible to make them compatible. 

1 hour ago, Gwaihir said:

So I've been experimenting a bit.. casting spells doesn't change things. Dakkon's zerth blade and the reaching ring are still giving bnouses to the memorized spells only. The visual indicator matches exactly the number of spells I can cast.

What game are you playing?

Can you zip those .itm files (ring08.itm, ring40.itm, wa2dak.itm) and attach them here?  I'm curious what they look like.  Then you can uninstall the hotfix if it is acting weird.

1 hour ago, Gwaihir said:

Another thing I noticed: Your spontaneous/multibards spells are not compatible with the 'Hidden gameplay options' component "Show Area of Effect Range".

I'm not surprised, since these spontaneous-casting kits actually cast innate abilities that in turn cast the original spells.  Making targeting work at all was kind of tricky; making it work with that mod is a whole other story.  And I have no idea what that mod is or how it works.  Might need to ask that mod's author...