Brage's Redemption - Brage NPC Mod for BG1

Brage's Redemption updates to v6.1!

v6.1 comes with updated language versions. Italian version completed by Coland!

Changelog:

Version 6.1:
- Italian translation finished by Coland.
- German translation finished.
- Corrected install error of crossmod with BST.

The mod updates to 6.2. This is important for the non-English versions.

- Corrected text formatting upon installation on EE (mod should not stop EE game from launching) introduced in 6.1 for German+Italian versions.
- Corrected general file formatting for some Italian tras.
- Restructured mod installation (check file for "do only once" actions).
- One more interjection for BG1.
- more BG1 content.
- All lines from tp2 trified.

The mod updates to v7!

Better compatibility with EndlessBG1, Transitions, and support for Project Infinity.

Changelog:

- Added farewell interjection before transition to main SoD campaign.
- Minor internal restructuring, optimized detection of campaigns and how Korlasz' Dungeon is treated.
- Improved Crossmod for EndlessBG1 mod: Brage should say his Farewell lines in BG1.
- Corrected Crossmod for Transitions mod: Brage should not say his SoD-Farewell lines in BG1.
- Improved Compatibility with EndlessBG1 and Transitions mod: Korlasz' Dungeon is treated as being in BG1 scripting wise.
- Mod should install on bg2ee and BGII games without error.
- Typo corrections (German).
- Crossmod was splitted into own component.
- Added globally unique LABELs to support Project Infinity.

Continuing on my endless journey to build an EET install order, i would need some confirmation about Brage's Redemption. If i understand well i have two options :

1/ bgqe with the component "Brage's sword" selected / brage's redemption / BG1NPC Project. (In that case the component Beginnings Quest: Brage's Sword (BG1) from Brage's Redemption will be skipped).

2/ bgqe without the component "brage's sword"/ brage's redemption / BG1NPC Project.

Which one is better ?

Edited by Mordekaie
On 6/1/2020 at 8:37 PM, jastey said:

Installing both before BG1NPC should also be ok. But the crucial thing is that it is before the componant "Banters, Quests, and Interjections" from BG1NPC:

This is the recommended order as of now if bgqe is installed:

• ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Brage's Sword: v21

then

• ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v24.8
  • ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v24.8
  • more BG1NPC yadda

then

• Brage's Redemption

Also make sure to install Brage's Redemption after bgqe if that applies to you for the crossmod content (which would be the general way to go as bgqe is a quest mod).

Thank you for your interest in the mod!

Maybe i am wrong. ;) I am getting more confused. Probably time to stop and change my mind.

@Mordekaie the description in the readme might be confusing. The crucial install order is: bgqe needs to go before Brage's Redemption, and the quest "Brage's Sword" needs to go before Bg1NPC, regardless whether it is installed by bgqe or Brage's Redemption. BUT if bgqe is installed, then Brage's Redemption could be installed after BG1NPC as well. Since this is confusing and I had to give definite install orders for Project Infinity, I switched to "install both before BG1NPC" in my recommendations if asked.

I would install Brage's Redemption even if you do not plan to take him with you, because it expands and refines the Brage's Sword quest that is in bgqe.

2 hours ago, jastey said:

@Mordekaie the description in the readme might be confusing. The crucial install order is: bgqe needs to go before Brage's Redemption, and the quest "Brage's Sword" needs to go before Bg1NPC, regardless whether it is installed by bgqe or Brage's Redemption. BUT if bgqe "Brage's sword" component is installed, then Brage's Redemption could be installed after BG1NPC as well. Since this is confusing and I had to give definite install orders for Project Infinity, I switched to "install both before BG1NPC" in my recommendations if asked.

I would install Brage's Redemption even if you do not plan to take him with you, because it expands and refines the Brage's Sword quest that is in bgqe.

Understood. Brage's Redemption is definitely part of my selection (as possible most of your mods anyway). By the way i just found out one more mod to include in my modlist Another fine Hell and i will probalby consulte you about it in a short while, and in the right post.

Coming back to Brage's Redemption and considering that bgqe and BG1NPC are included in the modlist would you rather install  :

- bgqe  Skipping bgqe "brage's sword" component / Brage's Redemption / BG1NPC Project

- bgqe with "brage's sword" component / Brage's Redemption / BG1NPC Project

- bgqe with "brage's sword" component / BG1NPC Project / Brage's Redemption

Edited by Mordekaie

Third or second are both fine. It's dependent on where you want to put bg1npc because Brage's Redemption should be after/before other mods as well.

Well, even the first option would be fine, but it's more hassle to exclude the one quest from the mod list. (Unless you pick certain quests anyway.)

Exception: if you install bgqe to BG:SoD and Brage's Redemption to EET later the detection will fail. I need to make that fail proof.

Thanks for the kind words.

Another fine Hell is another alternate SoD ending (for now, BG2 content is not written yet. Skip component 2 if you do not like lose ends as the quest to close it will be future BGII content.). I think it's the best one. There is more in my SoD Tweakpack which will be skipped if AfH is installed. I'd put AfH somewhere to the quest mods, before NPC mods as some might detect it (Breagar), and after Imoen4Ever and before my Sod Tweakpack.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:25 AM, jastey said:

Third or second are both fine. It's dependent on where you want to put bg1npc because Brage's Redemption should be after/before other mods as well.

Well, even the first option would be fine, but it's more hassle to exclude the one quest from the mod list. (Unless you pick certain quests anyway.)

Exception: if you install bgqe to BG:SoD and Brage's Redemption to EET later the detection will fail. I need to make that fail proof.

Thanks for the kind words.

Another fine Hell is another alternate SoD ending (for now, BG2 content is not written yet. Skip component 2 if you do not like lose ends as the quest to close it will be future BGII content.). I think it's the best one. There is more in my SoD Tweakpack which will be skipped if AfH is installed. I'd put AfH somewhere to the quest mods, before NPC mods as some might detect it (Breagar), and after Imoen4Ever and before my Sod Tweakpack.

They are both fine. The third one considers Brage's Redemption as a NPC

Spoiler

Just wanted to report a bug: I encountered Brage in Siege of Dragonspear and told him I didn't need his help at this time, he said he'd meet me in front of Ducal Palace. I then went there and recruited him. However, he seems to have spawned a little bit inside one of the marketplace booths in Ducal Palace, and thus is unable to move, and I can't leave the area because he's not close enough to an exit point (so had to remove him from the party). Happy to provide logs if that's helpful!

Edit: not sure why the above is marked as a spoiler, but can't figure out how to remove spoilers in the editor here (using the spoiler button just creates nested spoiler boxes). Sorry!

Edited by Aerothorn