Brage's Redemption - Brage NPC Mod for BG1

The encoding errors: I checked for installed mod (with most crossmod), is this after installation in the game texts or just the tra-files (which are still in English so editors tend to detect them as utf8 if no symbols are included)?

Will double check again.

2 hours ago, jastey said:

The encoding errors: I checked for installed mod (with most crossmod), is this after installation in the game texts or just the tra-files (which are still in English so editors tend to detect them as utf8 if no symbols are included)?

Will double check again.

After installing the mod in German, I checked with NI 'For String Encoding Errors'. There were clearly some malformed umlauts.
So I opened all German tra file with Notepad++, checked the encoding and converted any UTF8 tras (see list in my initial post) to ANSI.
Installed again and the issues were gone.

Edited by MikeX

@MikeX thanks. They definitely are, and I have no idea why. BG1NPC and bg1ub are the mods I forgot to check the crossmod, and these are the tras that matter in this case (the other ones are without symbols - I'll check them again anyhow).

I have an error in my tra creation I don't understand yet. Especially since other new files with German lines (e.g. quest-sod.tra) are correctly formatted.

Thank you very much for reporting.

Brage's Redemption updates to v8.2 with some fixes.

Changelog:

- Brage's comment on being arrested should fire and not loop.
- Ramazith should notice if Abela is lost and not be available for Brage's sword questions.
- Refined triggers for BG1 banters with Ajantis.
- Crossmod with Ascalon's Questpack "Serpents of Abbathor": Emerson should not mention CHARNAME's group twice if he notices Brage, Brage's comment should not loop.

5 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

I went for I4E, Ajantis, Brage then Brandock.

👍 Perfect. In addition, the crossmod components are separate components, so you could install all main components of the mods, then install the crossmod components.

The only exception is Ajantis' crossmod with EndlessBG1 and Transitions, this is in the main mod and Ajantis BG1 assumes to be installed after these two mods.

Info to mod install order is usually in the modname.ini - it's metadata for PI, but can also be used for finding the best install order. I didn't always update the readmes with this information, so knowing it might be in the .ini is helpful for players, too.

On 6/10/2023 at 2:20 PM, jastey said:

👍 Perfect. In addition, the crossmod components are separate components, so you could install all main components of the mods, then install the crossmod components.

The only exception is Ajantis' crossmod with EndlessBG1 and Transitions, this is in the main mod and Ajantis BG1 assumes to be installed after these two mods.

Info to mod install order is usually in the modname.ini - it's metadata for PI, but can also be used for finding the best install order. I didn't always update the readmes with this information, so knowing it might be in the .ini is helpful for players, too.

Thank you for the advice, didn't know about modname.ini

I installed EndlessBG1 as a quest mod so before Ajantis expansion.

By the way, I didn't expect so many crossmod contents with BGRE, BGQE and even SotSC for Brandock, and somehow Brage feels like a so natural joignable NPC. I'm eagerly waiting to meet Tazok and Davaeorn with him.

For confirmation:

According to the INI file, Brage's Redemption should be installed after : Ascalon's Questpack, AjantisBG1, AjantisBG2, bg1re, bg1ub, bgqe, bst, c#sodboabri, c#endlessbg1, EET, FinchNPC, imoen4ever, ntotsc, thalan, transitions.

It is also viable to install Brage's Redemption after BG1NPC Project (anyway BG1NPC Project comes pretty early in my install order).

Following those recommandations, Brage's Redemption should be installed after all the mods listed above.

Why after Thalantyr Item Upgrade?

1 hour ago, Mordekaie said:

Brage's Redemption mod adds setting of a variable and Brage reacts to the reforged cursed sword.

It's sufficient to install the crossmod component after Thalantyr Item Upgrade, though. I guess I should take the dependency out of the ini because it probably affects the main component, too. Looking at the crossmod, I could script it so it's independent on install order altogether. takes notes

34 minutes ago, jastey said:

Brage's Redemption mod adds setting of a variable and Brage reacts to the reforged cursed sword.

It's sufficient to install the crossmod component after Thalantyr Item Upgrade, though. I guess I should take the dependency out of the ini because it probably affects the main component, too. Looking at the crossmod, I could script it so it's independent on install order altogether. takes notes

Thanks. I will move Brage's Redemption in the item section of my EET install order, after Thalantyr Item Upgrade (quite a long way).

Do the dependencies with each NPC listed in the .INI (AjantisBG1, AjantisBG2, Finch) are also related with the crossmod component or the main component?

Anyway i will follow your recommandation: the crossmod component after Thalantyr and all the rest in the "Expansion of NPCs" section of my EET install order (along with Ajantis BG1).

I didn't know there were also synergies with few NPCs like Finch for example! :).

Edited by Mordekaie