Forum Software Updates and Questions

Just now, Guest Bartimaeus said:

Testing.

Well...it worked on the first try with Chrome for me. I guess technically that could've been luck and it might not work a hundred times after, but I feel like if there was a major problem with Chrome, someone else would've said something, so I'm not sure what's going on.

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well...it worked on the first try with Chrome for me. I guess technically that could've been luck and it might not work a hundred times after, but I feel like if there was a major problem with Chrome, someone else would've said something, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Well, maybe I just need to clear my browser history of all those cookies and whatnot, maybe it is just temporary thing. 

29 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Well, maybe I just need to clear my browser history of all those cookies and whatnot, maybe it is just temporary thing. 

Checking to see is it working after disk and browser history cleanup.  

EDIT: Things are getting better, I succeeded already on fourth try. 

Edited by Greenhorn
Guest Bartimaeus

Well, I'll test it again...and make a video out of it this time. ...On a completely separate note, why do avatars look so crappy with Chrome? :huh:

Firefox vs. Chrome. That's a...significant difference. What kind of ratchety-crap scaling method is Chrome using that my avatar looks that bad?

23 minutes ago, Guest Bartimaeus said:

Well, I'll test it again...and make a video out of it this time. ...On a completely separate note, why do avatars look so crappy with Chrome? :huh:

Firefox vs. Chrome. That's a...significant difference. What kind of ratchety-crap scaling method is Chrome using that my avatar looks that bad?

22 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2d8tvy7sw7nxoxj/FW4DjYfddt.mp4

idk, seems to work fine for me. Do you have any add-ons or that might be a problem...script-blocker, maybe?

I will concede that Firefox is probably better choice, I'm just slave of habit in this matter. I appreciate all your testing ( and relaxing music in the video :)) but you forgot one important detail, to actually quote ( which actually is source of my problems especially if I copy and paste text in that quote ) before  SR. I will test this one  more time,  AAND: 

EDIT: success after sixth or seventh try, it has something to do with the position of vertical line of cursor, really have no idea why this keeps happening :undecided:

Edited by Greenhorn
47 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

I will concede that Firefox is probably better choice, I'm just slave of habit in this matter. I appreciate all your testing ( and relaxing music in the video :)) but you forgot one important detail, to actually quote ( which actually is source of my problems especially if I copy and paste text in that quote ) before  SR. I will test this one one more time,  AAND: 

I have to be honest, I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say when you mentioned the "SR button". Maybe I should've tried to figure out what you meant before going off and testing stuff, :p. So the specific problem is actually with editing, not posting?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mhtjl3vh81r9ety/hvpgZp2jWU.mp4

Edited by Bartimaeus
41 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2d8tvy7sw7nxoxj/FW4DjYfddt.mp4. Do you have any add-ons or that might be a problem...script-blocker, maybe?

No, I don't think so, especially on Chrome. 

12 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I have to be honest, I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say when you mentioned the "SR button". Maybe I should've tried to figure out what you meant before going off and testing stuff, :p. So the specific problem is actually with editing, not posting?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mhtjl3vh81r9ety/hvpgZp2jWU.mp4

Ah, abbreviations do more harm than good in this case, yeah, that stands for "Send reply". As for the problem, I'm at lost here, usually if I send quick, short message without quoting it gets through without problems, with quoting replies start problems. Anyway, this post have quotes of which first one is edited AAND:

EDIT: made it on second try, it definitely has something to do with vertical text cursor and clicking on it. Oh well, I will manage somehow, thank you very much for your help Bartimaeus. 

Edited by Greenhorn
On 10/23/2021 at 1:29 PM, grodrigues said:

On Firefox and I have had this problem for several weeks already. The pain, the pain, the pain....

This is the same issue I am experiencing for quite some time (first mentioned here). After a brief time where it improved a little I'm having this issue almost every time I want to post something on this forum. I'm using Firefox as well, so it doesn't appear to be browser-specific.

I've noticed another issue when I'm not logged in. The forum content doesn't update when I reload the browser content. It usually works after waiting a certain amount of time (about 10 minutes or so), or by manipulating the page url a bit (like removing or adding a trailing slash). But the latter trick works only once per page. I have to wait the afore-mentioned amount of time before I can try again. It's not an issue when I'm logged in.