Russian translation + improvements

Austin

Hello! Here is a version of this mod from the Arcanecoast team, with an added Russian translation (from yota13 and p_zombie) and technical improvements (from the tipun).

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bst0rxhsn8yc1m3/mur%27neth.zip?dl=0

List of changes:

1. Added the removal of NPCs after the completion of the introductory part of SOD
2. Added EET_NPC_TRANSITION
3. Added a file transition.tra with a line for the Fate Spirit 

Please update the mod officially!

On 1/27/2021 at 1:37 PM, jastey said:

Unfortunely, this is more than just uploading the new package. The version number and changelog has to be updated as well, etc. It would definitely speed up the process if you'd provide a fully updated package.

I have now updated the version number to v13 in the tp2 file, link in the first post. I cannot add the changelog to the readme, because the readme is in an uneditable format. But here's the complete changelog:

1. Added Russian translation (by yota13 and p_zombie)
2. Added the removal of NPC after the completion of the introductory part of SOD
3. Added EET_TRANSITION function
4. Added a file transition.tra with a line for the Fate Spirit 

Will that be enough for an update? Our translators tried very hard on the text and are waiting for their work to be added to the mod :(

Edited by Austin
12 hours ago, Austin said:

I cannot add the changelog to the readme, because the readme is in an uneditable format.

html files can be opened by editors, e.g. Notepad++

12 hours ago, Austin said:

Our translators tried very hard on the text and are waiting for their work to be added to the mod

I understand, but activity of Gibberlings and admins varies and is low currently. I am working on a flood of modding requests, mod updates for mods that are not my own, and my own projects I want to finish.

This is on my list and I'll prepare an update when I'll find the time - unless someone else steps in first. It will still need an admin to approve of any update we provide because I lack the rights to Mur'Neth's GitHub repo.

@1 = ~Bring me Mur'Neth, the sorceress Ghaunadan.~

As far as I know, Mur'Neth is male. I would change this to ~Bring me Mur'Neth, the Ghaunadan.~ The othr language versions are also still missing.

@Austin I downloaded from the link in the first post, but the tp2 says version 12. Is this the version with all updates (I can change the tp2 number myself)?

For future mod updtes: if there is a GitHub version, please use this for updates even if you do not use GitHub yourself (you can download it as a zip). Using the mod version from G3 download might be missing specific files for the other OS, and the files have slightly different formatting than in the GitHub repo which creates a lot of chnagelogs although the files weren't actually changed.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

I downloaded from the link in the first post, but the tp2 says version 12. Is this the version with all updates (I can change the tp2 number myself)?

Yes, this version includes updates! I just forgot to upload the updated tp2-file with the changed version number last time, sorry! The rest of the changes are included.

@jastey
Yeah it's a bit of an odd one. You could use sorcerous to describe any non specific magical gubbins.  It doesn't help that its in a game with actual sorcerers. I just saw it and thought maybe they meant sorcerous as in mur'neth is a weird slime thingy that looks humanoid and sorcerous could be used to describe his weird abilities etc.