Beta Testing Issues

Guest d2freak
2 hours ago, jastey said:

No ETA, sorry.

Thanks for the answer. Is nobody currently working on it? Just curious.

Also how complete is this mod? What is missing?

8 hours ago, Guest d2freak said:

Thanks for the answer. Is nobody currently working on it? Just curious.

Also how complete is this mod? What is missing?

I'll be working on it soon(TM).

The main content missing are two larger quests that lead the group away from the tower area. The quests contained in the EAOB will only change slightly if at all, so it's already a good mod with lots of content and no open ends.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, Trouveur80 said:

Hi, I finished killing the last doppelgangers, the captain told me to report to the commander, but the commander doesn't have something to say about it.

Is there a variable I should check ?

In my four runs with BST, it's the first time I encounter this.

A belated follow-up: the "bsDoppelgangerQuest" variable is only at "19" if the quest finished without the PC (timer run out or PC didn't volunteer to help with the doppelgangers).

The variable is between 15 and 18 if the PC cleared the tower and talked to the captain, depending on some other conditions. The commander only gives the thank you speech if he sees the PC. Could this be the reason why it didn't trigger for you?

In next version, the commander will ask for the PC in this case.

6 hours ago, jastey said:

The commander only gives the thank you speech if he sees the PC. Could this be the reason why it didn't trigger for you?

In next version, the commander will ask for the PC in this case.

Hum good question. From what I remember, my PC wasn't the leader in this party, so it could be the case.

Guest Riordan

I'm loving this mod so far, it's a nice combination of dark and cute. :)

I've run into a problem, though. When I first spoke to the Fletcher, she gave me a quest to pick up some feathers, so I did (the quest is finished). Only after that did I speak to Halfslinger, got the ale quest and then found out about the elemental. Now I took the barrel and finally figured that it's the Fletcher that can coat it, for the price of bringing her feathers, which I had already done. So I bought a potion of fire resistance from Sorcerous Sundries and as I talked to her again, there's no option about coating it. I have both the barrel and the potion in my main char's inventory. Any advice? I'd really like to save the elemental instead of killing it.

Hi,

This mod is great, it integrates very well with BG and adds some interesting and refreshing interactions with brand new zones, fantastic!

Here are my testing throughts:

• about quest (SPOILER) :
    Spoiler
    • I had hoped to find a colony of myconids in the underground when I start the related quest... maybe a future improvement with an interaction with them during the creation of the "powder" :D
    • I had hopped for more work with the slavers (guards' assassination, kidnapping, ransom extortion...) and smugglers (re-establish their "smugglers cell", perhaps by stealing, extorting monks and bribing or threatening guards)
    • I've had a problem where the rocks blocking the Sea Cavern in the tower can be clicked back into place, but it's not possible to reopen it afterwards.
    • One of Halfslinger's diary entries is not deleted at the end of his quest
      • Halfslinger's Ale

I received a mug of ale for Halfslinger in the Seatower.

• It would be more practical if, from the main zone, you could go anywhere on the world map (Naskel carnval for example) without having to walk to the exit of another map.
  • In the bg zone, there's rarely autosaves between minor zones. In BST there's a bit too much in my opinion (entering the keep, underground passages, guard towers, catcombs...). I think removing them would be a good thing.
  • Most of the NPCs are terribly quiet, they lack generic sounds. It would be nice to add some for all the NPCs, at the moment it breaks the immersion a bit.
  • There's no music on level 2 of the inn.
  • The region trigger for entering the dungeon isn't where it should be. It should be close to: left = 3822; top = 1437; right = 3904; bottom = 1530.

Thanks to everyone who created this mod!

2 hours ago, TotoR said:

Hi,

This mod is great, it integrates very well with BG and adds some interesting and refreshing interactions with brand new zones, fantastic!

Here are my testing throughts:

• about quest (SPOILER) :
      Hide contents
    • One of Halfslinger's diary entries is not deleted at the end of his quest
      • Halfslinger's Ale

I received a mug of ale for Halfslinger in the Seatower.

The journal entries for this quest updated without problem in my game.

Do you use Dragonspear UI ? I remember reading it could sometimes have bad interaction with quests entries.

16 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

Do you use Dragonspear UI ? I remember reading it could sometimes have bad interaction with quests entries.

No I play on BGT, so no UI mod here

Edited by TotoR