Mod help request for my current game

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Expanded_Mage_Stronghold

I'm doing the vanilla mage stronghold quest for my sorcerer PC and just found out that we have this MOD which looks interesting, should have installed it for this game...

Anyway, according to this review:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75761/mod-spotlight-planar-sphere-mod

I'm also slightly confused with the MOD as it seems like there are two options- One is the original Planer Sphere MOD and the other one is a rebalanced version (cut quest)...Not sure which one is better, and should find out more on this before my next play-through.

Some questions I would like to ask, as I'm planning for my next BG2EE run.

1) Anyone has experience with imoen romance mod before? Do you think this mod is designed for a play-style that you should rescue your sister ASAP or otherwise (finish all quests in chapter 2 first without imoen). I would prefer to experience most of the quest or npc specific banters and interjections.

2) I'm going to use Lava's Khalid MOD in my next game, as this MOD makes Jaheira dies instead of Khalid, do you think there will be consistency issue with Imoen Romance MOD? I heard Imoen Romance added a lot of talks and cutscene for Imoen, and if any of these mention the death of Khalid, I would probably not using Imoen Romance this time.

3) How viable is a party without cleric class for a game with SCS+SR, more specifically starting from the part when Imoen rejoins. I would probably still bring a cleric when doing all of the quests in Chapter 2.

Edited by marcnivar

1) Driads in Windspear Hills

2) Planar Sphere

3) Casting spells illegaly in Athkatla

4) Druid Grove

5) Unseeing Eye

6) Limited Wish quest

Do all this with Immy in your party.

She has more banters with Aerie not Jaheira. Immy and Khalid are kinda different mods but Imoen romance is better in my opinion.

Depends on difficulty settings but you can be just fine.

My advice - install Imoen romance only if you really like Immy! If you just want to try it or somethiing don't install at all.

2 hours ago, InKal said:

2) Planar Sphere

4) Druid Grove

5) Unseeing Eye

6) Limited Wish quest

Do all this with Immy in your party.

She has more banters with Aerie not Jaheira. Immy and Khalid are kinda different mods but Imoen romance is better in my opinion.

Depends on difficulty settings but you can be just fine.

My advice - install Imoen romance only if you really like Immy! If you just want to try it or somethiing don't install at all.

Thanks, it is really a great help to be able to know this.

Sometime it is quite difficult to make a decision as there are too many promising NPC mods 😂

I almost confirmed I will bring Skie in BG2 this time, as I need some connections to SOD in BG2 in order to find the motivation to go through SOD again. At least I have Endless BG1 in BG1 for similar purpose.

I'm very interested to bring Khalid along as I see he has 10 crossmod banters with Skie. However, I definitely like Imoen more than anyone else. I guess I can just leave this MOD out this time, considering that I will almost install the Skie MOD in every future playthrough... Probably can use Ctrl+I to trigger the banters that time.

I may also keep Herphenaan MOD for another evil playthough...so that I can bring Aerie this time (half cleric role) who has more interactions with Imoen... Maybe can add the Wing MOD to get more content for her...

Skie Eddard Jaheira Aerie Imoen....probably a good setup for this time...

11 hours ago, InKal said:

Hephernaan sadly is buggy. Maybe only in my game but if I remove him from the party I can't speak to him afterwards. 

I would really recommend you this: https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/faldorn-bg2ee/  Another GREAT Lava mod. Good banters and absolutely fantastic kit!!

I will definitely use this mod someday but probably not now, as I'm waiting for more crossmod content, and because I will bring imoen for the druid quest this time.

Currently I'm looking for a temporary npc for doing those chapter 2 quests that have no imoen's comments and can make the questing in chapter 2 more interesting. Ideally I hope he/she can have banters with skie...Hephernaan should be a good option but now I'm not so sure...

Edited by marcnivar

A question for the best way to make Imoen as a Trickster 10 dual Mage in BG2.

I noticed that Imoen will be auto-dual to mage at 7 level Trickster (from the Artisan Kitpack MOD) in BG2, as I plan to dual her at level 10 in BG2, I'm not sure what will be the safest way to achieve this. So far the options I know that can change an NPC class or Kit are:

- NPC EE MOD

- Level 1 NPC MOD

- EE Keeper

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Spoiler

Dragonspear UI
Candlelight UI
EEEX
Bubb Spell Menu

Ascension (won't install Imoen additional talks)
Almateria's Restoration Project
Unofficial Business

Romantic Encounter

Banter Pack
IEP Banters (won’t install imoen component)

Branwen
Imoen Romance
Skie Cost of the Soul
Herphenaan
Solaufein
Crossmod banter pack
Heroes Thief Money (Component 1)
Wing

Item Revision

Spell Revision
Item Randomiser

Artisan Kitpack

CDTweaks

SCS (all AI components, improved shapshifter, IWD spells)

NPC EE MOD (to change kit)

Drafted my install order for BG2EE, included some MODs that I have not used it before, so looking for some advice if it has any problem. Thanks.

Edited by xiaoleiwen
29 minutes ago, xiaoleiwen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dragonspear UI
Candlelight UI
EEEX
Bubb Spell Menu

Ascension (won't install Imoen additional talks)
Almateria's Restoration Project
Unofficial Business

Romantic Encounter
Reunion
Back to Brymlaw

Banter Pack
IEP Banters

Saerevok Friendship
Yoshimo Friendship
Minsc Friendship
Branwen
Imoen Romance
Skie Cost of the Soul
Herphenaan
Solaufein
Crossmod banter pack
Heroes Thief Money (Component 1)
Wing

Spell Revision
Item Revision
Item Randomiser

Artisan Kitpack

CDTweaks
EET Tweaks (to reduce EXP gained)

NPC EE MOD (to change kit)

SCS (all AI components, improved shapshifter, IWD spells)

Drafted my install order for BG2EE, included some MODs that I have not used it before, so looking for some advice if it has any problem. Thanks.

Can we get a quotable determination of the order, are they listed in the order you intend to install them in ? And why the cheese are there two (G)UI mods ?

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Can we get a quotable determination of the order, are they listed in the order you intend to install them in ? And why the cheese are there two (G)UI mods ?

This is my proposed install order. I intend to install them in this order.

The candlelight UI is basically a recolored version of the dragonspear UI, which requires the installation of Dragonspear UI first.

Spoiler

Imoen's interjections from HTM:

- some dialogues in the Umar Hills

- Secret Refuge of the Wild Mages

- reactions to Cernd's mini-quest in the Slums

- in Trademeet after the appearance of the statues

- in Nalia's castle after killing the troll

- interjections in the new dialogue of Anomen with a prostitute in the Bridge area

- in a scene with a storyteller in a tavern.

Spoiler

Imoen's interjections from Imoen Romance:

2) Planar Sphere

4) Druid Grove

5) Unseeing Eye

6) Limited Wish quest

To keep a record for Imoen's reactions from these 2 MOD.