Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

4 minutes ago, Endarire said:

Sometimes, though, I just want to fireball low level foes (or go more powerful than needed on weak compared to me foes) to trample the fight and get on with it.

That should 100% be player choice to make that decision and not be part of the ai.

8 hours ago, Endarire said:

Sometimes, though, I just want to fireball low level foes

Oh, absolutely. And when I do, I want the satisfaction of being the one that pulls the trigger. Not to mention a very big point: aiming. Can you really trust any AI to aim on the ground to include as many enemies as possible, and leave out allies? I don't know if it can be coded properly; it's probably a hell of a task. And even if it could, the effort it's still probably not worth it.

I personally do not want to figure out the proper targeting for fireball. I avoid most offensive spells, so I'll need to dig into which ones would be appropriate to use. Any suggestions are appreciated, but I want to avoid aoe that can target players like fireball and skull trap.

So, I guess that 14 hour fever was covid. I'm feeling 100% back to normal now and am picking up where I left off with 5e spellcasting.

Thank you!

Edited by morpheus562
On 3/4/2022 at 7:36 PM, morpheus562 said:

Your characters should be attacking then if they are capable of hitting the target. Are your mages just not attacking?

Regarding dispelling, your characters will begin casting appropriate spells to remove combat and spell protections. Basically, if the enemy has PfMW, Mantle, etc. up that blocks physical attacks then your characters will begin work to remove those combat protections.

I've been playing around with the idea to add in offensive casting for awhile now, and I think I can make it a setting in the ini file for players to choose prior to installation. Default=0 so no offensive casting with 1 allowing the AI to automatically cast spells.

Jan will attack with his sling. Aerie who uses a quarterstaff, just stands around.

Also Minsc doesn't use berserk. Is that intended?

Does Aerie have a regular, non-magical, quarterstaff? I did not include Minsc's berserk in the scripts since it is so hyper-focused on that one npc and I view it as more of a detriment than a help during a fight. Other NPC specific abilities that come to mind like Jaheira's Haper's Call and Dynaheir's Cure Disease are included in the scripts, but Minsc berserk is no bueno.

6 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Does Aerie have a regular, non-magical, quarterstaff? I did not include Minsc's berserk in the scripts since it is so hyper-focused on that one npc and I view it as more of a detriment than a help during a fight. Other NPC specific abilities that come to mind like Jaheira's Haper's Call and Dynaheir's Cure Disease are included in the scripts, but Minsc berserk is no bueno.

She has a +2 quarterstaff and also a regular sling. She doesn't automatically attack with either of them.

As for Minsc and berserk, that makes sense. Just thought I would ask.

6 minutes ago, LV426 said:

She has a +2 quarterstaff and also a regular sling. She doesn't automatically attack with either of them.

As for Minsc and berserk, that makes sense. Just thought I would ask.

Which script does Aerie have active? MO-BasicAI, MO-CORE, something else?

Is there a Check if the party is in a Wild Magic Zone (Neera's quest) or the ones in Watcher's Keep?

I recall reading somewhere you added a check for Watcher's Keep, but surely is missing for the two Wild Magic Zones in SoA

since my party was casting spells in the area with MO-Core,

I'm not sure about ToB quest for Neera, if there's another Wild Magic Zone, since I've never done it.

I run a check off WILD_MAGIC_AREA and DEAD_MAGIC_AREA spellstates. I never run with Neera so it's possible those zones are not setup appropriately. I'll dig into how that spell state is applied and see if the zone is doing it accurately.

My scripts will also not cast in Athkatla (if cowled wizards will attack the party for using magic). I also check for the SCS component that adds more locations that will trigger Cowled Wizard intervention.

I tried resting multiple times in these areas and they continue to cast basic pre-buff spells (Stoneskin, Impervious Sanctity of Mind ecc...), even with Cowled Wizard Check enabled.

Can't tell if they cast spells offensively 'cause I cleared the area from the enemies and don't have a save prior that.

Not that big of a deal for me, I just thought to point it out.

4 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

I tried resting multiple times in these areas and they continue to cast basic pre-buff spells (Stoneskin, Impervious Sanctity of Mind ecc...), even with Cowled Wizard Check enabled.

Can't tell if they cast spells offensively 'cause I cleared the area from the enemies and don't have a save prior that.

Not that big of a deal for me, I just thought to point it out.

I'm thinking on freshly rested characters, the WILD_MAGIC_AREA spellstate hasn't had an opportunity to trigger yet before the characters cast stoneskin, impervious sanctity of mind, etc. If you could, can you try hitting the "B" key to begin prebuffing and see if any Arcane spells are cast?

8 hours ago, Elder Enigma said:

I tried pressing "B" and they do prebuff in the Wild Magic Zone on MO-Core, with both Arcane and Divine spells.

I will get this fixed up in my next release. I think I see what is going on and a solution should be pretty easy to implement.