Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Official release for version 7.0 which brings the following enhancements:

• All Games
    • Updated Mages and Sorcerers to ONLY attack if either Melf's Minute Missile or a ranged weapon is equipped. This does not effect multi/dual classed Mages.
    • French translation provided by JohnBob.
    • Fixed issue where imported characters would not cast spells.
    • Fixed issue with spells being cast in Wild/Dead Magic Areas when they shouldn't.
  • BG: EE, BG2: EE, and EET
    • Added compatibility with the @subtledoctor's 5e Spellcasting mod.
  • BG: EE
    • Added more mod compatibility to match BG2: EE and EET.

There seems to be an issue where my Sorcerer (Baeloth) and Mage (Xzar) sometimes target other party members (in this case with darts) AFTER defeating an enemy on MO-Core.

They seem to target party members that were close to the enemy before killing it, this doesn't happen with my thief equipped with a shorbow.

Playing BG1 with all the characters on MO-Core.1297683607_2022-03-26_0135042.png.472bdd3fc9d65ed7e0a40e12e7ebb058.png

As you can see in the screenshot I took Xzar is attacking Kagain and Baeloth is attacking Viconia after a random ambush.

I didn't press anything the whole time, of course they stop after you give them another order or if you move them.

2 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

There seems to be an issue where my Sorcerer (Baeloth) and Mage (Xzar) sometimes target other party members (in this case with darts) AFTER defeating an enemy on MO-Core.

They seem to target party members that were close to the enemy before killing it, this doesn't happen with my thief equipped with a shorbow.

Playing BG1 with all the characters on MO-Core.1297683607_2022-03-26_0135042.png.472bdd3fc9d65ed7e0a40e12e7ebb058.png

As you can see in the screenshot I took Xzar is attacking Kagain and Baeloth is attacking Viconia after a random ambush.

I didn't press anything the whole time, of course they stop after you give them another order or if you move them.

Thank you! I'll see what is going on and get it corrected. Mage or sorcerer only classes do a different set of checks compared to other classes so they don't run into melee. I'm guessing something funky is going on with one of those attack lines.

Edited by morpheus562

There's still a problem with Wild Magic Zones on MO-Core:

If you enter with buffs ALREADY casted previously in another area (the ones that are casted after resting) they will still try to re-apply them,

but if they do not have any everything works fine even with the prebuffing 'B' button, they only apply items and other buffs that do not cause Wild Surges.

58 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

There's still a problem with Wild Magic Zones on MO-Core:

If you enter with buffs ALREADY casted previously in another area (the ones that are casted after resting) they will still try to re-apply them,

but if they do not have any everything works fine even with the prebuffing 'B' button, they only apply items and other buffs that do not cause Wild Surges.

I might have a clue at what is going on, can I send you something to test and see if that is resolving your issue?

3 hours ago, Elder Enigma said:

Sure thing.

Thank you! Please try the below executable (now removed). If it works, I will need to make some additional changes elsewhere, but it gives me a good idea as to what is causing this issue.

Edited by morpheus562

Ok, I tested the version 7.2 you posted and:

•The problem I mentioned in the other post is fixed.

•If you disable AI wait a few seconds and re-enable it basic prebuffs starts.

•When sighting enemies party cast protective spells (Armor of Faith, Holy power, Hardiness ecc...), this obviously also happens in 7.1.

@Elder EnigmaPerfect! So here is what I think was happening: my scripts and the area scripts were kicking off at the same time when you first enter the area. This means Wild Magic Area status was not being applied when casting of stoneskin was starting; however, it probably applied mid cast. To resolve this, I did some checks and delayed casting of stoneskins by two seconds to allow the Wild Magic Area status a chance to take effect.

Edited by morpheus562

I have just tried to install this as the last mod in a very large setup (the setup seems to work at least at the start of the game). Unfortunately when trying to install the mod it is showing up with parsing errors and failing (It was the same issue with the accelerated or normal versions): 

image.png.780c7af5524d48113f6eaa1778f2933e.png

Debug file attached. Is it possible to tell what is going wrong here?

Is there something wrong with the mod, is it an interaction with the setup that I have installed and the enhances powergaming  scripts mod meaning I can't use it, or does it suggest there is some serious problem with my setup so I will run into serious issues down the line?

If it helps d5z469i is a 5e casting clone called  Pestilence of Insects I believe (not sure where pestilence of insects itself comes from) and it is not listed in spell.ids

If you have a chance to take a look that would be much appreciated as I would really like to use the scripts if it will be possible. 

Setup-enhanced-powergaming-scripts.debug

42 minutes ago, Enigmajazz said:

I have just tried to install this as the last mod in a very large setup (the setup seems to work at least at the start of the game). Unfortunately when trying to install the mod it is showing up with parsing errors and failing (It was the same issue with the accelerated or normal versions): 

image.png.780c7af5524d48113f6eaa1778f2933e.png

Debug file attached. Is it possible to tell what is going wrong here?

Is there something wrong with the mod, is it an interaction with the setup that I have installed and the enhances powergaming  scripts mod meaning I can't use it, or does it suggest there is some serious problem with my setup so I will run into serious issues down the line? Also, are you running v2.6.6 or v2.5.x for the game?

If it helps d5z469i is a 5e casting clone called  Pestilence of Insects I believe (not sure where pestilence of insects itself comes from) and it is not listed in spell.ids

If you have a chance to take a look that would be much appreciated as I would really like to use the scripts if it will be possible. 

Setup-enhanced-powergaming-scripts.debug 240.76 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you! Do you have your install log so I can see what mods are included and narrow down the root cause for the issue. If you can track down what is creating the Pestilence of Insects spell, that will greatly assist on my end. I don't call up that spell, so I am guessing a mod you have is updating an existing one that I am using. That spell also sounds offensive, and I don't use offensive spells in my scripts. Can you also send me the file 5e spellcasting creates that maps out the new names with the existing spells.

Edited by morpheus562
Guest Graion@Work

it's at the start of the debug file. I looked at it this morning and I couldn't find the source of that spell though (it's not C0Warlock nor Shadow Adept). It could be Eve of War, I haven't looked at that one.

However I am not sure what to think of this list. Eve of War and Vanishing of Skie Silvershield isn't EET compatible, so it could be that some tampering is the reason of the breakage.

Additionally, Google kept suggesting me Insect Plague instead of Pestilence of Insects.