Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

So I have compatibility with the 5e Spellcasting Mod, and it works for all other mods except Spell Revisions. This is temporary, and I will begin working on adding inter-compatibility in the next few days. Due to how drastically Spell Revisions changes the spells, I have completely different set of scripts for it. Just looking at another 20k+ lines of code which takes time.

One question I have that maybe @CamDawg can answer: are the actual spell names (i.e. spwi101.spl) different between IWDification and SCS IWD Spells? 5e Spellcasting creates a table/array off spwi101 and the new name, so if IWDification and SCS IWD spells are listed differently there can be an incompatibility issue.

In their current versions, SCS and IWDification use the same library to install the IWD spells (IWDification is a little bit ahead with a few more bugfixes, but SCS will get these whenever David gets to the next release). However, they slot the spells dynamically into the first open spots, so you can't rely on, e.g. Iron Body always being spwi801 or whatever, though you can rely on Iron Body being installed. You'll need to use IDS lookups if you need the actual file name or, if you're scripting, use them by their symbolic names.

1 hour ago, Enigmajazz said:

Hi @morpheus562

Using the most up to date version on git-hub this fails to install with a parsing error. I have attached the debug file and weidu.log. 

The version hosted on this site works fine but obviously this doesn't work with 5e casting. 

Any idea what is causing this?

SETUP-ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.DEBUG 111.47 kB · 2 downloads WeiDU.log 43.71 kB · 1 download

Please use v6.4 from my release on github instead of pulling the unreleased code directly from the site. Version 7.0 that you are trying to install is something I am still working on and have not released at this time. Per the Github,

PLEASE NOTE: I make no attempt to keep this repository in a stable state, and bug reports on unreleased commits are not useful to me.

Thanks for the great scripts @morpheus562! I used the basic script for buffing, the last time I played IWD.

I am now playing BG2EE using the MO-CORE script on all my characters, but I can't tell if it's working in combat. If I understand this right, when entering combat, my MC and party members should basically play themselves? They know what potions to drink, what spells to use, and who to attack? I am not at a high enough level to see if they will automatically remove protections from a caster using something like breach. My melee characters seem to do their own thing, but my casters  sit idle, so I just micro their spells as usual. Just want to make sure I understand the MO-CORE script.

Edited by LV426
1 hour ago, LV426 said:

Thanks for the great scripts @morpheus562! I used the basic script for buffing, the last time I played IWD.

I am now playing BG2EE using the MO-CORE script on all my characters, but I can't tell if it's working in combat. If I understand this right, when entering combat, my MC and party members should basically play themselves? They know what potions to drink, what spells to use, and who to attack? I am not at a high enough level to see if they will automatically remove protections from a caster using something like breach. My melee characters seem to do their own thing, but my casters  sit idle, so I just micro their spells as usual. Just want to make sure I understand the MO-CORE script.

Which version of my scripts are you running? If you are using the unreleased v7.0 found on github, then that is expected behavior. With v7.0, I am testing for non-dual/multi classed wizards and sorcerers to only attack if they have Melf's Minute Missile or a ranged weapon equipped. Otherwise, my scripts do not cast offensive spells because I believe those should solely be chosen by the player.

Edited by morpheus562
4 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Which version of my scripts are you running? If you are using the unreleased v7.0 found on github, then that is expected behavior. With v7.0, I am testing for non-dual/multi classed wizards and sorcerers to only attack if they have Melf's Minute Missile or a ranged weapon equipped. Otherwise, my scripts do not cast offensive spells because I believe those should solely be chosen by the player.

I am running v6.4; Just downloaded it the other day. If it matters, my MC is a single class kensai and my other party members are Jaheria, Minsc, Yoshimo, Aerie, and Jan.

So casters won't use offensive spells, but will automatically remove defenses on enemies if they know the necessary spell (breach). As for melee, they will pick the best targets and attack / use abilities as necessary?

3 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

On a related note, is there a desire from users of these scripts for them to cast offensive spells? I am debating maybe to use Insect Plague under specific circumstances, but what about other spells?

I think this is a great idea, if it's even possible! Personally I like to micro my spells when playing my MC, but if you could write script to make other casters use offensive spells, that would be very cool.

55 minutes ago, LV426 said:

I am running v6.4; Just downloaded it the other day. If it matters, my MC is a single class kensai and my other party members are Jaheria, Minsc, Yoshimo, Aerie, and Jan.

So casters won't use offensive spells, but will automatically remove defenses on enemies if they know the necessary spell (breach). As for melee, they will pick the best targets and attack / use abilities as necessary?

I think this is a great idea, if it's even possible! Personally I like to micro my spells when playing my MC, but if you could write script to make other casters use offensive spells, that would be very cool.

Your characters should be attacking then if they are capable of hitting the target. Are your mages just not attacking?

Regarding dispelling, your characters will begin casting appropriate spells to remove combat and spell protections. Basically, if the enemy has PfMW, Mantle, etc. up that blocks physical attacks then your characters will begin work to remove those combat protections.

I've been playing around with the idea to add in offensive casting for awhile now, and I think I can make it a setting in the ini file for players to choose prior to installation. Default=0 so no offensive casting with 1 allowing the AI to automatically cast spells.

18 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

On a related note, is there a desire from users of these scripts for them to cast offensive spells? I am debating maybe to use Insect Plague under specific circumstances, but what about other spells?

Personally, I don't like when a script wastes precious casting slots in a fight, especially if it can be won without.. That is, of course, because I'm used to the vanilla scripts that fire up spell after spell at lv 1 bandits. Even if a very good script could evaluate enemies's difficulty and be appropiately conservative, I think I'd rather just have it cure debuffs, at the most.