Framed: Alternate Chapter 6 for BGEE and EET

There is a strange issue with this mod when using project infinity:

image.png.6a0a8553d4677b445c8647c7c48adeb8.png

As you can see, BG1 NPC project requires itself to be installed after Framed, while Framed requires itself to be installed after BG1 NPC - paradox!

This does not permit installation to ever continue with both these mods selected.

Edited by Xazarlar
4 hours ago, jastey said:

@Lauriel the bg1npc.ini indeed states that bg1npc should be installed after Framed. I put that in but I'm not sure why. What is the recommended install order?

I have no idea why you'd want BG1NPC to be installed after Framed.  Framed has cross-mod compatibility built in for BG1NPC with Garrick and Gorion's letter.  It needs to be installed after in order for these to go in.

How do you "finish" the quest? I did the catacombs and went back to report to Tethtoril, he tells me they're going to reseal the catacombs but there's no reward and the quest log doesn't update...

EDIT: I discovered the cause - the Gatewarden is not present on the top floor, only a normal watcher, so the end-of-quest dialogue breaks when it tries to get him to say something.

Edited by Xazarlar

I'll add a check to the dialogue.  In the meantime, you can spawn the Gatewarden by putting C:CreateCreature("GATEWA2") in the console.

Why wasn't the Gatewarden present for the conversation?  Is this something I need to work around?

5 hours ago, Xazarlar said:

As for why, I am not sure - perhaps one of my other mods moves him,

Thank you for the log.  I'll investigate.  My initial stab in the dark would be ARESTORATIONP. I guess it doesn't matter, though.  The fix that I put in place doesn't care if he's there or not. :)