Please HELP me get the Tweaks Anthology working for Baldur's Gate II EE it used too...

I had to uninstall Baldur's gate II EE and reinstall it (which worked fine) but when I tried to reinstall the tweaks anthology it got to the page where it asks what language you want the setup and game to be in either English or Czech and I press 0 for English (I used to have no problems what so ever with this working), and the setup program freezes on that screen and will respond to no commands (besides Alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Del, etc.) 

Please help me get this working I am really eger to use it. If you need any specific information from me that I didn't provide just ask and I will happily provide it.

I waited longer than I ever have when installing this program, like 30 seconds (might not seem like a lot but my PC is fast and like I said this used to be so fast of an installer that there wasn't just no freezing it had no lag either.) Thanks for looking at my question. But yes I only had 2 language options (this isn't abnormal to me though because even back when it worked just fine I think it only gave those two options if I'm not mistaken.

It sounds like WeiDU's getting hung up trying to do some basic read/writes at the beginning of the process and not getting permission from the system or something similar. Is your game installed in the Program Files directory? You could try moving the game out of program files or running setup as an admin though I don't actually know if that will help.

Older versions can be found on the downloads page, though it's not intuitive. If you click on 'see changelog', it'll list older versions in a dropdown. You can select an older version and a download link will appear at the bottom of the changelog. Alternatively, if you follow the mod's Github link (in the readme and project page) you can navigate to the mod's release page on Github; this is the one for Tweaks.

On 6/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, CamDawg said:

It sounds like WeiDU's getting hung up trying to do some basic read/writes at the beginning of the process and not getting permission from the system or something similar. Is your game installed in the Program Files directory? You could try moving the game out of program files or running setup as an admin though I don't actually know if that will help.

Older versions can be found on the downloads page, though it's not intuitive. If you click on 'see changelog', it'll list older versions in a dropdown. You can select an older version and a download link will appear at the bottom of the changelog. Alternatively, if you follow the mod's Github link (in the readme and project page) you can navigate to the mod's release page on Github; this is the one for Tweaks.

Thanks for your reply. It was in the program x86/steam directory but I just tried putting bgIIee on the desktop and running the tweaks there but that didn't work... I have had "permission" problems with steam games before even thought I'm literally the only admin (or account of any kind) on this computer... is there anything I can do besides reinstalling Windows 10?

58 minutes ago, 20886432 said:

It was in the program x86/steam directory... is there anything I can do besides reinstalling Windows 10?

Installing what ? The only thing you need to do on Windows 10 is to install the game to your own (profile) folders, so you have all the "permission" on it. Aka, install the game into here: C:\Users\<windows username>\Games or whatever\BG2\

And yes, in Steam, you can do this "easily".

58 minutes ago, 20886432 said:

.. I have had "permission" problems with steam games before even thought I'm literally the only admin (or account of any kind) on this computer.

Thing is, you are not the only programmer on the computer, so it's very unlikely that you are the only "profile" on it. And then when you purchase a game, you infact licence the the programs, you don't own them, so again, permissions are not entilely yours either. Yes, this in unfortunate, but welcome to reality of things bigger than you. It's called craft.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
On 6/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Installing what ? The only thing you need to do on Windows 10 is to install the game to your own (profile) folders, so you have all the "permission" on it. Aka, install the game into here: C:\Users\<windows username>\Games or whatever\BG2\

And yes, in Steam, you can do this "easily".

Thing is, you are not the only programmer on the computer, so it's very unlikely that you are the only "profile" on it. And then when you purchase a game, you infact licence the the programs, you don't own them, so again, permissions are not entilely yours either. Yes, this in unfortunate, but welcome to reality of things bigger than you. It's called craft.

It does not give me permission and I know how you are supposed to install mods which was what I was doing. Of course I installed it to the profile folder

This time it didn't give a permission warning but it gave the same result when I tried to run the installer and I chose the proper baldurs gate ii ee steam folder for the ap to go to this is what I get (After it does some pre installation stuff before you get to the baldurs gate questions) the picture it wont let me proceed from is included.   

Untitled.png

You need to push the zero -key, and then Enter. That is, if you wish to install with the English language. And you have got to also be aware that if the window becomes inactive, you can re-activate it with simply pushing one of the bounders, as without that, your key entries will not do a thing.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Hmm, so that could be part of the problem. As if the game is an old install from a former non Windows 10 system, it could be stuck to not being able to be overwriten by the cdtweaks-v9.exe archive. But then, the fix is easy, uninstall the game in Steam. And then edit the game path in Steam, and then Reinstall it. And then running the game once, and only after those steps, reinstall the mod.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola