Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Kill Mulahey before he summons anything? Oh, you can do worse than that. You can even trap him in a stutter bug, repeatedly saying his "Tazok is unfair" line every second until you get tired of it and finish him off. All you have to do to trigger that one: whack him for more than half of his health before he gets the chance to talk to you the first time. A strong backstab is the easiest way to pull this off, dealing all that damage in one hit before he even sees you.

As for the SCS aspect of this: while moving the minion creation to the area script is fine, Mulahey should still give his global shout in that dialogue action, so as to  consistently activate the kobolds guarding Xan.

Just to note that while right now I don't have the time/bandwidth from real life to implement this, I'm very grateful for it and will return to implement it when I have a chance to do the next SCS update.

Hi, where can I change the built-in hotkeys of the Ease-of-use party AI script please?

I got used to controlling my camera with WASD in cRPGs. D is also bind to "Attack with melee weapons" in this script and I don't want this.

It's easy to change base game scripts hotkeys with Near Infinity browsing the script folder but I can't find the Ease-of-use party AI script there.

Thanks.

Edit: found it. BDDEFAI.BCS file

Edited by Leilu
Guest Stumped
On 2/12/2022 at 10:42 PM, boof said:

EDIT: This has been fixed by changing the animation of tanar.cre from fiend_green to tanarri.

How the heck do you do this (change the animation)? I found the tanar.cre file but have no idea/capability of changing it myself. I don't see any animation options describing fiend_green or tanarri.

The creature's "Animation" field is an integer referencing ANIMATE_IDS. Just change the number there to the number of the animation you want.

Using a tool such as Near Infinity here is strongly recommended, of course. And NI, when you edit that field, does the lookup for you.

Edited by jmerry

On my last two bgee runs, I couldn't dispel the squirrel transformation caused by one of the mages (Rezdan or Kysus) of the group protecting the access to the Cloakwood Mines.

Dispel magic or temples does nothing.

I am forced to reload before this encounter or abandon the squirrel companion for life.

I think it's an issue caused by SCS because those mages don't have this spell in unmodded bgee.

5 hours ago, Leilu said:

On my last two bgee runs, I couldn't dispel the squirrel transformation caused by one of the mages (Rezdan or Kysus) of the group protecting the access to the Cloakwood Mines.

I am forced to reload before this encounter or abandon the squirrel companion for life.

I think it's an issue caused by SCS because those mages don't have this spell in unmodded bgee.

Other mods installed?

Guest Stumped
18 hours ago, jmerry said:

The creature's "Animation" field is an integer referencing ANIMATE_IDS. Just change the number there to the number of the animation you want.

Using a tool such as Near Infinity here is strongly recommended, of course. And NI, when you edit that field, does the lookup for you.

Thank you!

18 hours ago, Leilu said:

Temple spells use the recipient's caster level, because of an engine quirk . Which means that they usually dispel at level 1 and have very little chance. Only targeting an actual priest is likely to dispel anything.

Dispel Magic from another character can work, subject to the caster level check - but those mages have pretty high levels (9 and 11 with SCS). Don't expect a good chance. If you want a guaranteed dispel with no level check, there are two options: a potion of magic blocking or an arrow of dispelling. The latter is a bit risky, of course.

My tweak mod includes a component that makes temple dispels into a single-target guaranteed dispel, which would help with this.

8 hours ago, jmerry said:

Temple spells use the recipient's caster level, because of an engine quirk . Which means that they usually dispel at level 1 and have very little chance. Only targeting an actual priest is likely to dispel anything.

Dispel Magic from another character can work, subject to the caster level check - but those mages have pretty high levels (9 and 11 with SCS). Don't expect a good chance. If you want a guaranteed dispel with no level check, there are two options: a potion of magic blocking or an arrow of dispelling. The latter is a bit risky, of course.

My tweak mod includes a component that makes temple dispels into a single-target guaranteed dispel, which would help with this.

Thank you. Can I safely install your tweaks last?

Guest Shapeshifter

I have encountered that the pre-casted "Minor Globe of Invulnerability" on enemies such as Kahrk and Tellan (from the ice island) is not destroyed by spells like Spell Thrust, Secret Word and others. This spell is also not shown with EEex when hovering with left-shift, however it works and reflects the spells. Because of this, killing Kahrk has become quite a headache. Is that intended, or is that a bug? I play EET and apart from SCS I only have a few quest mods.